Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Remove the rakghoul plague now

The selective reading is astonishing. I'm not sure what part of "we're broke after buying for speeder training/speeders and crafting" failed to come across but I'll repeat: with a character in the mid 20's on that server with roughly 7k credits to his name I'm not wasting 2k on a stim for any reason. Asking me to do otherwise is simply silly.

I agree and you should'nt have to buy a stim. The event was poorly thought out by BioWare...simple as that. Hopefully they will learn from it and what "not" to do for the next event. :cool:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire point of a world event, especially a viral outbreak event, is to disrupt normal gameplay.

If it does not disrupt gameplay, then historically, such events are referred to as disasters as many people are clueless that the event ever happened until it is too late or over.

Then disrupt the play on Tatoonie and have a safe spot there even...such as the space port. You do know guards which are Champions are placed at important places to prevent such disruptions from players who would otherwise mess up the game play of others for a reason? Having it on the Fleet is beyond silliness IMO.

Then disrupt the play on Tatoonie and have a safe spot there even...such as the space port. You do know guards which are Champions are placed at important places to prevent such disruptions from players who would otherwise mess up the game play of others for a reason? Having it on the Fleet is beyond silliness IMO.

That would be a zone event then.. but I disagree, if the stims had been done slightly different and the flagging bug had not been present there would have been no reason for complaints whatsoever. IMHO.

That would be a zone event then.. but I disagree, if the stims had been done slightly different and the flagging bug had not been present there would have been no reason for complaints whatsoever. IMHO.

I would agree with you IF...the stims were free and persisted thru death for the whole event. :)

I agree and you should'nt have to buy a stim. The event was poorly thought out by BioWare...simple as that. Hopefully they will learn from it and what "not" to do for the next event. :cool:

I hope so too.

But, apparently, if we are given the option to OPT-OUT then we become the greifers. :rolleyes:

I hope so too.

But, apparently, if we are given the option to OPT-OUT then we become the greifers. :rolleyes:

Stop that, Urael. That is patently untrue and you're just being silly.

Who has said that if an opt-out is put in (or a perma-stim) that you are "griefers"? Cos I'd like to have a word or two with them about their utter silliness too.

Stop that, Urael. That is patently untrue and you're just being silly.

Who has said that if an opt-out is put in (or a perma-stim) that you are "griefers"? Cos I'd like to have a word or two with them about their utter silliness too.

I didn't start it. See below from page 82 of this thread. Oh and read all the people that /signed after.

Based on the logic on the QQ'ers in this thread id like to state that the people vaccinating themselves and trying to avoid me infecting them are griefing me. They are ruining my enjoyment of the game because i cant progress on my mission to infect players. Bioware please remove the ability to not get infected!

Sincerely, concerned subscriber

Edited by Urael

I hope so too.

Not really. I can Opt out of PVP on a PVE server..right? How am I griefing those who want to PVP in that situation?

They allways have the option to roll on a PVP server. There is no Option to Opt out the event unless we 1..donot play during it..2...constantly keep buying a stim ( not like it is only a weekend event ).....3...stay away from the Space Port in Tatoonie ....4..stay away from the Fleet.

Sorry, but anyone stating that they "don't have the credits" for a vaccine is flat out lying. I sold 20 DNA yesterday for 50K credits. Four explosions (about an hour and a half) and I can now afford 25 Vaccines if I want.

er... does not one actually have to die to get the credits? Some of actually want to avoid dyong in our games; not the official payoff for allowing it to occur.

Sorry, but anyone stating that they "don't have the credits" for a vaccine is flat out lying. I sold 20 DNA yesterday for 50K credits. Four explosions (about an hour and a half) and I can now afford 25 Vaccines if I want.

You should not be calling other players liars because they choose to play differently than you do.

Edited by Valkirus

Not really. I can Opt out of PVP on a PVE server..right? How am I griefing those who want to PVP in that situation?

They allways have the option to roll on a PVP server. There is no Option to Opt out the event unless we 1..donot play during it..2...constantly keep buying a stim ( not like it is only a weekend event ).....3...stay away from the Space Port in Tatoonie ....4..stay away from the Fleet.

Was a dig at this:

Based on the logic on the QQ'ers in this thread id like to state that the people vaccinating themselves and trying to avoid me infecting them are griefing me. They are ruining my enjoyment of the game because i cant progress on my mission to infect players. Bioware please remove the ability to not get infected!

Sincerely, concerned subscriber

Was a dig at this:

hehe...ok sorry. And for those who say..if you could get a event lasting stim for free and it would mess up thier feeling it is not a game world event...but then some of them turn around and tell those who donot want to do the event..."stay away and you can easily avoid it by not going to Tatoonie or the Fleet"...if that is true..then it is really not a "game world wide event"...:cool:

hehe...ok sorry. And for those who say..if you could get a event lasting stim for free and it would mess up thier feeling it is not a game world event...but then some of them turn around and tell those who donot want to do the event..."stay away and you can easily avoid it by not going to Tatoonie or the Fleet"...if that is true..then it is really not a "game world wide event"...:cool:

Yeah I recognised the irony in that too. :D

Now I find myself kinda wishing that the serum was free, and that you could target infected folks with it before they detonated. But I ain't into PvP, or forcing my playstyle on others.

The people infected can't target you personally and they can't tell the explosion when to happen. Stop griefing yourself and move away from those infected.

er... does not one actually have to die to get the credits? Some of actually want to avoid dyong in our games; not the official payoff for allowing it to occur.

Wow. This excuse is even worse than the "I don't have credits" one. This is a video game. You're going to die at some point and you probably already have several times. This particular death doesn't cause durability loss either, so again, other than the extremely lame excuses you're trying to throw out, there is absolutely no downside to this event.

You should not be calling other players liars because they choose to play differently than you do.

How are they playing different? According to your side, the infection is unavoidable (the horror!), so, unless you are just not logging in at all, you should have some DNA to sell right now. DNA = credits = vaccines = less QQing.

How are they playing different? According to your side, the infection is unavoidable (the horror!), so, unless you are just not logging in at all, you should have some DNA to sell right now. DNA = credits = vaccines = less QQing.

Wrong..I donot have any samples because I been avoiding the Fleet and Tatoonie. :cool: Plus...not really playing as often as I use too lately. And I donot assume everyone should play like I do in any way shape or form. I may suggest they can...but the choice should still be thier's..no matter how silly I think it is. And one thing I would never do is try to put them down by calling them liars. :)