I'm from Hong Kong, which server I should join?

Dolmong

Dears,

I owned a CE for this game and been subscribe to this game since day 1.

However, since most of my friends left the game, but my fond of StarWars still stay strong and I still want to continue to play in the best server.

I'm from Hong Kong and I know that now they opened up Oceanic server, but that doesn't mean is the best server to play on. I'm looking for suggestion with good community, connection, must be PvP server, and balance factions server that you might suggest.

You may even invite me to join your guild if is any good. I'm willing to create new character,

Thank you for the help guys.

Dears,

I owned a CE for this game and been subscribe to this game since day 1.

However, since most of my friends left the game, but my fond of StarWars still stay strong and I still want to continue to play in the best server.

I'm from Hong Kong and I know that now they opened up Oceanic server, but that doesn't mean is the best server to play on. I'm looking for suggestion with good community, connection, must be PvP server, and balance factions server that you might suggest.

You may even invite me to join your guild if is any good. I'm willing to create new character,

Thank you for the help guys.

I'm in HK and have been playing on the Swiftsure. However, most of my guildmates are going to be switching to an Aussie server soon so not sure what that'll mean.

From my understanding the ping from HK to the Oceanic servers is about the same as HK to a US west coast server. So that wouldn't really be a reason to transfer. On the other hand you will be more likely to get people playing in your timezone. So if no one is around on your sever I would transfer.

As for which server is the best, it doesn't really matter we only have 3 options. PvP, PvE and some RP server (maybe can't remember what the 3rd server was). So whatever server type you are on now is probably the best choice.

From my understanding the ping from HK to the Oceanic servers is about the same as HK to a US west coast server. So that wouldn't really be a reason to transfer. On the other hand you will be more likely to get people playing in your timezone. So if no one is around on your sever I would transfer.

As for which server is the best, it doesn't really matter we only have 3 options. PvP, PvE and some RP server (maybe can't remember what the 3rd server was). So whatever server type you are on now is probably the best choice.

For what it's worth, I usually get about 100 people on imp fleet when I login around midnight on a weekday Hong Kong time (noon EST/9am PST), and multiple fleet instances when I login around noon Hong Kong on the weekends (midnight EST/9pm PST).

For what it's worth, I usually get about 100 people on imp fleet when I login around midnight on a weekday Hong Kong time (noon EST/9am PST), and multiple fleet instances when I login around noon Hong Kong on the weekends (midnight EST/9pm PST).

Then I take back what I said about the ping. It will be much better for you.

iheartnyc, what guild are you in at The Swiftsure? Before I was playing in that server too, and looks like I'll restart again in there then.

If possible will there be chance to recruit me into your guild?

Thanks!

I'm playing from HK as well - and you'd probably want to be on Master Dar'Nala or whatever the Oceanic PVP server is. It has the highest population of people from S'pore / Malaysia / Taiwan (all in the GMT+8) zones, as well as most of the Aussie population (who are on the GMT +8 to GMT +10/11 zones).

Many people took a small break until these server transfers are up. Some levelled alts. So yea - just get on to the Oceanic PVP server from Swiftsure as it is likely to see most population during HK hours.

I see, which server you are on right now? the PvP server?

Any Oceanic guild recruiting HK players ??? :)

Yup, on the oceanic PVP server right now. Was levelling an alt Marauder on the Empire side, only got to 20 though before the xfer was announced today :)

There's LOTS of guilds based on the SG / HK time and also many aussie ones that are constantly recruiting. Go over and take a look!

I'm playing from HK as well - and you'd probably want to be on Master Dar'Nala or whatever the Oceanic PVP server is. It has the highest population of people from S'pore / Malaysia / Taiwan (all in the GMT+8) zones, as well as most of the Aussie population (who are on the GMT +8 to GMT +10/11 zones).

Many people took a small break until these server transfers are up. Some levelled alts. So yea - just get on to the Oceanic PVP server from Swiftsure as it is likely to see most population during HK hours.

from tw, the oceanic servers got double ping lag,

in swiftxxx maybe 15x,

in asia server is up to 36x ~ 89x,

we may stay in west server, science we dont get the free transfer.

Edited by oakamp

Yup, on the oceanic PVP server right now. Was levelling an alt Marauder on the Empire side, only got to 20 though before the xfer was announced today :)

There's LOTS of guilds based on the SG / HK time and also many aussie ones that are constantly recruiting. Go over and take a look!

I am HK player too, at Asia PVP Server , Empire Side. we created a Guild with some HK players , Welcome to join us.

we wait for you. Guild name is " Nathan Road" .

Whats the Oceanic PvP server name?

Master Dar'Nala ?

Now I'm determined to start my journey in the oceanic server

create a character and check your latency(lag)

in US West server is only 200

in asia server is 400-800.

unplayable.

I'm in HK and have been playing on the Swiftsure. However, most of my guildmates are going to be switching to an Aussie server soon so not sure what that'll mean.

Swift is my vote. It is one of the more populated servers on the west coast and I think when they open transfers to asia you can do it for free

You are all confusing me now !!!

What should I do ?? Swiftsure? or Oceanic Server!! ? argh !

just try and create a lv 1 something on the oceanic server first and see how the latency goes, because:

create a character and check your latency(lag)

in US West server is only 200

in asia server is 400-800.

unplayable.

is true for some (most) of people from Hong Kong and Singapore.

if it's good, then go to the oceanic servers,

if it's bad, then might want to do either:

1. use a tunneling service (usually paid, for easier/better results, or DIY the hard way) and hope it would improve the latency to the oceanic server.

2. go to swiftsure.

I will definitely try tonight..

I also changed my ISP from PCCW to HKBN, so I'm not sure if there are huge different.

Anyway, I have a lvl 35 toon in Swiftsure and will definitely try out the west coast, and try the Oceanic.

However, still, if both have decent latency then I will look at community or population.... in that case, which server has better community?

PS: By the way, I felt exciting all over again after knowing so many of you are very friendly, this game sure has good community!

Yeah starting characters to try will be a better way to find out. Also observe the number of players on your starting world and fleet during your fave play time. If the fleet is a ghost town all the time, another server will be better.

It also depends on whether you prefer PVP or PVE servers. Technically you can be attacked anywhere on a PVP server but I haven't heard of any massive ganking on PVP servers yet.

Do check out Canderous Ordo as well. My guild has many Singaporean players so we have raids going on during mornings in America (night time for Singapore and Hong Kong). The fleet does get a bit quiet in our afternoons (after 3 am in America) but some Asian players will be there. :) Look for the guild Prophecy (empire) if you decide to join Canderous Ordo.

I have the same issue. I live in Japan and been trying to decide between rolling on The Harbinger or on Oceanic servers. Ping is 120ish on West Coast and around 280ms on Oceanic. Really can't decide because I don't know if enough peeps will stay on The Harbinger to make it worth going there, or I just have to eat the bad ping and play Oceanic.

Decision, decisions.

For me, I probably will check 2 things:

1.) first I'll make character and check latency

2.) then will check population in my time zone

But I will choose latency over population as because I know swiftsure has great population as well with oceanic players.