Anyone else getting this problem?

KalTorrak

Because a LOT of people in game have said they do and some friends of mine also...

To start with I'm an Imp Op, Open with a Hidden strike, now I'd say around 20 - 25% of the time something like this happens after.....

The person disappears, like completely, I cannot hit them, it says I am not in range.... now they either just appear a few meters away from me, where I run to, then start hitting them.... ok.... OR they appear BACK in the spot where it said they just were not... (where I stunned them) OR more recently only since 1.2 they sometimes disappear in to the ground (can just see their head or like they are walking / running) THEN appear somewhere else also, this is the ONLY game I've played that does this.... I get no lag in any other game (and swtor I'm running at around 40ms) so *** this is a game breaking mechanic for me, I cannot pvp like this for much longer.... (add to the AWFUL FPS issues STILL in WZ's and omg...) they REALLY need to get their **** together....

PS Some people asked me what rubber banding was, its where for example a ball carrier (or someone you are fighting) gets knocked off the edge or jumps off etc, then appears back up the top (sometimes you even see them flash really fast between the ground and the ledge also before they appear back up there)

Like I said though, my computer specs are far and beyond Biowares min or even recommended requirements, sent them dxdiag etc etc , they cant see any problems (I actually worked for tech support in the past helping people update all their crap and get past computer / Internet issues so not stranger in this department) have all the latest updates with windows, vid card, the works.

Get no lag in any other game, no lag spikes on my latency bar, (I cant tell when there are cause **** just doesn't work, and this is not the case) and like I said I get it with NO other games, other people have reported the exact same thing.... I'm local to the server I'm on (EU on EU server, in Germany, solid ISP, some of the best Internet reliability wise in the world so I'm told) its just NOT lag.

I went and played back on WoW for a scroll of ressurection someone sent me, no issues there, BF3, no issues, call of duty, no issues, LoL and Eve, no issues, so yeah I doubt its lag.

someone said that people are learning to hit the Printscreen key which glitches the player for a couple secs

But I can not confirm this

Yeah def not doing that that is far away from anything I'm pressing, although I forgot to add to the list random detargeting (although there was a post made by this and everyone I know confirms this is an issue) the one that I posted above (well all of them) seems some people get it and some not (like the fps issues) so bioware seems to ignore it :(

Just cant play and its not enjoyable what so ever like this....

I'm seeing this a LOT. It's especially odd when someone in Hutt Ball walks up a ramp, then seems to vanish through the ramp and INTO the pit. I follow them down into the pit (because they have the ball) and then SUDDENLY they're back up on the ramp somewhere. I see similar things all the time, and way too often.

Good I'm glad I'm not the only one, I knew it wasn't just me or "lag" since it doesn't happen on any of the other games I play (or did in the past) this stuff needs be sorted asap :(

Pretty disappointed the way they've been fixing stuff lately (or well TBH since the game launched... ) spent a lot of money on this game (Went all out and got collectors) and been really disappointed how they have handled bugs and performance issues so far....

Edited by KalTorrak

I think there is some bad latency issues going on. I have experienced the same thing lately. I often have a person right in front of me but none of my attacks are firing.

I think the system has them placed either out of range or out of LOS but it appears as though they are right in front of me, which they very well might be, but the "game" doesn't think so.

Yeah a lot of guildies say they HATE the lag in this game and don't get it anywhere else, sigh... wonder if it will ever be fixed, if its not by the time my free month is up I might just not bother anymore, cant play like this.

since 1.2 i have noticed that the glitchy (teleporting) has gotten better , but still notiicable in huttball.. and for some wierd reason only in huttball. I was pretty peaved a few times when i supposedly knocked someone off a ramp , then suddenly they are in the end zone with full health...

but hofefully bw will fix this issue.. it will take time.... but this is not gamebreaking , but granted annoying

since 1.2 i have noticed that the glitchy (teleporting) has gotten better , but still notiicable in huttball.. and for some wierd reason only in huttball. I was pretty peaved a few times when i supposedly knocked someone off a ramp , then suddenly they are in the end zone with full health...

but hofefully bw will fix this issue.. it will take time.... but this is not gamebreaking , but granted annoying

I have noticed it in huttball also the most so yeah you got a point there ^^

Because a LOT of people in game have said they do and some friends of mine also...

To start with I'm an Imp Op, Open with a Hidden strike, now I'd say around 20 - 25% of the time something like this happens after.....

The person disappears, like completely, I cannot hit them, it says I am not in range.... now they either just appear a few meters away from me, where I run to, then start hitting them.... ok.... OR they appear BACK in the spot where it said they just were not... (where I stunned them) OR more recently only since 1.2 they sometimes disappear in to the ground (can just see their head or like they are walking / running) THEN appear somewhere else also, this is the ONLY game I've played that does this.... I get no lag in any other game (and swtor I'm running at around 40ms) so *** this is a game breaking mechanic for me, I cannot pvp like this for much longer.... (add to the AWFUL FPS issues STILL in WZ's and omg...) they REALLY need to get their **** together....

PS Some people asked me what rubber banding was, its where for example a ball carrier (or someone you are fighting) gets knocked off the edge or jumps off etc, then appears back up the top (sometimes you even see them flash really fast between the ground and the ledge also before they appear back up there)

Like I said though, my computer specs are far and beyond Biowares min or even recommended requirements, sent them dxdiag etc etc , they cant see any problems (I actually worked for tech support in the past helping people update all their crap and get past computer / Internet issues so not stranger in this department) have all the latest updates with windows, vid card, the works.

Get no lag in any other game, no lag spikes on my latency bar, (I cant tell when there are cause **** just doesn't work, and this is not the case) and like I said I get it with NO other games, other people have reported the exact same thing.... I'm local to the server I'm on (EU on EU server, in Germany, solid ISP, some of the best Internet reliability wise in the world so I'm told) its just NOT lag.

I went and played back on WoW for a scroll of ressurection someone sent me, no issues there, BF3, no issues, call of duty, no issues, LoL and Eve, no issues, so yeah I doubt its lag.

another perfect example of scrubs bug abusing and exploiting and on operatives to boot this just says it all right there LOL not so much they open up for 10k then do 5k back stabs they can keep spamming forever thye have to glitch and bug abuse as well.

ive also seen this happen and its operatives mainly i see it on they will flicker and they untarget.

another perfect example of scrubs bug abusing and exploiting and on operatives to boot this just says it all right there LOL not so much they open up for 10k then do 5k back stabs they can keep spamming forever thye have to glitch and bug abuse as well.

ive also seen this happen and its operatives mainly i see it on they will flicker and they untarget.

Thank you! Your ignorant, nerd rage made me LOL.

To the OP, yes, this rubberbanding definitely happens frequently. My comp is above and beyond min reqs too. It's the client/server latency issue, not your comp. Only see it on Huttball though usually. But I do see it questing sometimes too. 1.2 definitely seemed to make it happen less frequently though.

What is client side interaction for $1000 alex?

Since your screen and theirs dont sync up, it may look like you knocked them off but in actuality because of lag they werent there anymore when you did that, therefore after the server reconciles it, it places them where they really are, back up on the ramp.

To combat this you ensure you stun them and make a perfect off edge knockback. Also have minimum ping

Thank you! Your ignorant, nerd rage made me LOL.

To the OP, yes, this rubberbanding definitely happens frequently. My comp is above and beyond min reqs too. It's the client/server latency issue, not your comp. Only see it on Huttball though usually. But I do see it questing sometimes too. 1.2 definitely seemed to make it happen less frequently though.

LoL that post above yours.... ***.... anyways moving on lol

Right on the ball with Huttball it happens most in, 1.2 did fix it, instead of like 40 -50% of the time it happening I maybe get it about 25% now, to the above poster after the one I'm quoting above, my ping is 40 - 50ms at most, I'm local (Germany) playing on EU servers, with nothing else running in the background to interfere with computer or internet performance, so not sure what else I can do apart from wait for Bioware to fix it :(

Thing is I don't have any other problems with ANY other games with them doing this, I soooo wanna play this game just bug and trouble free with good performance, just doesn't seem possible! , Read on other posts people buying whole new computers and has not even fixed these issues (cause of people saying its your computer etc) expensive way of doing it for no gains either.... :(

This sort of thing has ALWAYS been bad in Huttball. You'd see someone running along and all of a sudden, they'd get stuck and kind of twitch for a bit only to appear a good 15-20m ahead. But it seems like the situation has gotten worse in 1.2 as I routinely get the "target error" when I play my Op (due to melee range, not the class). I don't think that it is a hack but rather just an awful sync issue between the player and the system.

I think its just the client server sync and I feel its pretty bad. I cant count how many times I would see an enemy running up the ramp and I would run into the pit and while falling pull them down, see them get pulled down only to have them disappear and I look up and they are still running up the same ramp.

Crazy silly game.

I'm seeing this a LOT. It's especially odd when someone in Hutt Ball walks up a ramp, then seems to vanish through the ramp and INTO the pit. I follow them down into the pit (because they have the ball) and then SUDDENLY they're back up on the ramp somewhere. I see similar things all the time, and way too often.

That is a speed hack and currently the biggest exploit / abused hack in game atm.