Welcome to the new Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found a wierd way not to get headaches from the forums, i set my monitor to run 3d and wear my 3d glasses. so go figure :D

Hasn't been headaches for me luckily, just tiresome for eyes and harder to read in general. After some google'ing aroud I did find a somewhat working solution. Firefox allows user to define their own CSS styles for the sites of their choosing. I havent done any web "programming" (wouldnt exactly call html/css that, but anyway) for like 10 years, but after some trial and error managed to restore the old spacing between the threads as well as the black-blue colors. Well, mostly. Thread-view works pretty fine, but posts inside thread get a bit bugged (background problems), have to try and fix those hehe.

Anyway, for those wanting to fix some of the issues with new site, http://thebarnharts.com/firefoxcssoverride.asp gives some basic info how to play with Firefox's user styles.

I would really like to see the early pre-game guild management back. I found that the ability to apply and organize guild structure a great way for in game players to connect and that might also be a temporary solution to some of the medium population servers. :D

I do not like the new forum redesign at all. Thanks alot for optimizing it for mobile devices and leaving a good third of my monitor unused. Ctrl+ just makes it look worse, like it was built by clowns.

I humbly request the option of a revert to classic or at the very least make it scale properly to a wider view space. I don't browse on my mobile devices and when I did, they worked just fine. I use a mouse to click buttons, so I don't need them to be 2 inches wide on the screen.

Whose idea was it to remake the site mobile-preferred with no monitor optimization?

Visually, it's pretty. But I am somewhat bothered by the massive amounts of wasted space here. Is it really too much to ask that you optimize the sight for 1080p displays? That's what everyone has been migrating to for some years now.

Seriously, stop and look at what this site looks like on a 1080p screen. That title bar across the top wastes a ton of space, in addition to the massive amounts of empty space on the right and left sides. Whenever I click the community button to visit the forums, I don't even SEE the forums until I scroll down a ways. I can't even see all three of the 'blog entries'.

Even as I type this out, and I look around my screen, I have to estimate that this 'Reply to Thread' page is only making use of roughly 1/4 or less of the realestate of my screen. So much wasted space.

Very well done! I too have a wide screen, and I find that everything just looks much more tidy. Also very happy about mobile optimization! We all hate change, but as I get used to the new design I find myself liking it more and more! Woot BioWare :p:) Edited by Kor-Wal
wording