Remove the rakghoul plague now

With all due respect, your gameplay appears kinda fragile...give it a while friend, and this too shall pass.

With all due respect, my solo choices are my own, or are supposed to be. In this case, a selfish indv exploding at the med Center decided something else for me. And I call that Griefing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2,000 credits isn't a hefty fee. Anyone could find out about this by simply asking people in general chat what was going on. This is a social game. If you aren't prepared to interact with others then MMO's simply aren't the proper environment for you. They are a form of game that expects you to interact with others. People are largely pretty understanding and I would wager that if you couldn't afford the vaccine you could easily obtain a few for free from other players if you asked.

You keep acting like this is a locked door and you need tons of options for how to get in when really all you have to do is knock.

Simple question.

You say ask in general chat . Okay fine.

How many times have you seen someone ask something in general chat and not be answered? Be truthful. It happens more times than you think. So now if no one answers their questions how will they know what is going on and what to do?

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Simple question.

How many times have you seen someone ask something in general chat and not be answered? Be truthful. It happens more times than you think. So now if no one answers their questions how will they know what is going on and what to do?

Rarely if ever unless the planet is totally empty and if it were totally empty then they wouldn't be getting infected in the first place.

Simple question.

Heck, earlier today I saw a guy ON Tattooine - a place full of people wanting DAN samples - offering to buy as many as you had for 10k each. He was ignored - and he was trying to give away money!

With all due respect, my solo choices are my own, or are supposed to be. In this case, a selfish indv exploding at the med Center decided something else for me. And I call that Griefing.

Seriously, enough with the name calling. Determining that the player was "selfish" and a "griefer" from your evidence is really a stretch. I'd wager that there were more people there that wanted him to explode than people that didn't. I get that you don't like the event.... we ALL get that. So rather than endless complaining about it... what is your suggestion to fix the problem without ruining everyone's fun?

Lets try being a little constructive

Rarely if ever unless the planet is totally empty and if it were totally empty then they wouldn't be getting infected in the first place.

Then you have been extremely lucky. I have been in general chat and the planet is full and people asks questions and they are ignored.

Not everyone has had the luck you have to have their questions answered. That is where the problem is. Not the event, not the cure but the lack of knowledge or information as to what is going on and how to deal with it.

See, this is the problem. We all see your insistence that someone else completely alter the way they play the game because they might accidentally cause you to get a buff that nearly everyone else wants to get as completely selfish.

You want everyone else to alter what they are doing because you have special needs. That is the very definition of being selfish.

It's still not griefing. They aren't intentionally causing you harm. You can call it griefing, but you are doing so in error and no one will take your complaints seriously as long as you are misrepresenting them in this way.

Seriously, enough with the name calling. Determining that the player was "selfish" and a "griefer" from your evidence is really a stretch. I'd wager that there were more people there that wanted him to explode than people that didn't. I get that you don't like the event.... we ALL get that. So rather than endless complaining about it... what is your suggestion to fix the problem without ruining everyone's fun?

Lets try being a little constructive

Useless. He really does not desire a constructive solution. All he knows is that other people are having fun at his expense (by infecting him, etc). The proceeds to complain on the forums, which is actually a form of griefing in its own, by saying "No, you cannot have your fun if I do not agree with it". There must always be someone to complain, easiest way to attract attention.

Edit: I know it is easy to delete a post, but if you delete my post (nothing offending in it, btw) in which I explain why it is not a good idea to bring extreme cases in a discussion of principle, maybe you could also delete the comment that caused all this, you know, to end it all. Censorship I understand (not really, but hey whatever), but can it t least be smart censorship, if it is not too much to ask?

Edited by CheshCat

Then you have been extremely lucky. I have been in general chat and the planet is full and people asks questions and they are ignored.

Not everyone has had the luck you have to have their questions answered. That is where the problem is. Not the event, not the cure but the lack of knowledge or information as to what is going on and how to deal with it.

I don't think my case is special or all that lucky. I think you are misrepresenting how often this occurs as a way to defend an undefendable position. People in these games are usually very helpful if you give them the opportunity to be. More likely you have someone who just refuses to ask the question.

Heck, earlier today I saw a guy ON Tattooine - a place full of people wanting DAN samples - offering to buy as many as you had for 10k each. He was ignored - and he was trying to give away money!

that just means that none of the players on tat wanted to sell their samples, EG they were saving them because they wanted to buy stuff.

EDIT:

When the event started I asked general on the fleet where you spend the dna samples, and got an answer, from several people almost immediately.

Edited by daibakuha

You actually used an argument against you. If no one wanted to sell for 10 k each that just means their value is higher than that. So, as someone infects you and "gifts" you with 5 dna samples is actually giving you OVER 50 k. And still you keep complaining.

I don't think my case is special or all that lucky. I think you are misrepresenting how often this occurs as a way to defend an undefendable position. People in these games are usually very helpful if you give them the opportunity to be. More likely you have someone who just refuses to ask the question.

No Unfortunely some people never get their questions answered. I have seen more times than I can count. If I know the answer I will answer but there are questions people are asking about something and no one answers. I usually wait awhile and if no one answers I come back and tell them I'm sorry I don't know the answer. And their response: Thank you at least I know I wasn't being ignored.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

The one sure way to not have those questions answered is to not ask them in the first place.

The one sure way to not have those questions answered is to not ask them in the first place.

Yea I know but the problem is there are some people that have no idea of what is going on with this event and have no idea of what to do about a cure or what to do with the dna samples. It is only announced on the fleet and even though it may be hard to believe, lol, not everyone goes to the fleet unless they have to.

See, this is the problem. We all see your insistence that someone else completely alter the way they play the game because they might accidentally cause you to get a buff that nearly everyone else wants to get as completely selfish.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the request is for bioware to make a change so that the selfish people who don't care how other people feel about being used and abused in such a fashion don't have to make a change to their behavior.

It's still not griefing.
Yes it's griefing.

How many times have you seen someone ask something in general chat and not be answered?
Multiple times per day that I go to fleet.

no, the sure wy to not have it answered is to ask in general chat.

Just let this thread die in peace already, I'm starting to feel ill just reading it.
Perhaps you shouldn't read it then... Edited by ferroz

Useless. He really does not desire a constructive solution. All he knows is that other people are having fun at his expense (by infecting him, etc). The proceeds to complain on the forums, which is actually a form of griefing in its own, by saying "No, you cannot have your fun if I do not agree with it". There must always be someone to complain, easiest way to attract attention.

Yep, only cares for his own agenda and is not going to listen to anyone. He has been enlightened by the true meaning of griefing but he can't accept this knowledge. We are all out to get him and really just want to grief rather than enjoy the event.

Not all servers are the same.

While I was on Tattooine blowing myself and my husband up with the plague (alone in a corner, just in case someone wants to throw that griefer label on me)...I sat there and answered questions for hours. And I wasn't alone in answering questions.

Just because one server is unhelpful, does not mean all of them are.

You actually used an argument against you. If no one wanted to sell for 10 k each that just means their value is higher than that. So, as someone infects you and "gifts" you with 5 dna samples is actually giving you OVER 50 k. And still you keep complaining.

Actually she has not complained. She has been respectful on both sides of the issue.

Not all servers are the same.

While I was on Tattooine blowing myself and my husband up with the plague (alone in a corner, just in case someone wants to throw that griefer label on me)...I sat there and answered questions for hours. And I wasn't alone in answering questions.

Just because one server is unhelpful, does not mean all of them are.

That is true. But where some are very helpful there are some that aren't.