Rocket Boost: Your 2 million, 16 second MOUNT

Belazur

Feel free to disagree, but Rocket boost, in its current incarnation, is a waste of credits.

First of all, it has a hefty total cost of 4.5 million credits. So, what do you get for your 4.5 Million credits? You get a MOUNT that can only be used in mountable areas. This mount lasts 16 seconds at 110% speed. At 2 million, it has a 2 minute cool-down, 3 million, 1.5 minute, 4.5 Million, 30 seconds.

So....when and how would I use Rocket boost? Not at level 25-50. Why? Because it is a MOUNT. Not usable in non-mount areas.

So, I am going to be using this ability at levels 1-24.........until 1.3 comes out and I buy legacy speeder for level 10.

So........I will use Rocket Boost at levels 1-9, which takes maybe an hour to grind.......for 4.5 million credits. NOT.

There are two easy ways to fix Rocket Boost.

1) Make it a SKILL, not a MOUNT.

2) Ban it from PVP Zones

Optional: Either make it last 30 seconds, or at the 4.5 million mark make it a TOGGLE Ability like Sprint.

As it stands, there is no point in wasting 2 million creds for Rocket Boost unless you are a speeder collector with too much money on you. Then, go nuts.

Edited by Belazur

Ah, but you forget, it applies to all of your characters. So for 4.5 million credits, they all get a free "mount."

Actually I had assumed this would work like Force Speed, but not usable in combat. Pop it and get a speed boost. It never occurred to me it would work any other way.

Edited by Felioats

Sweet! Yours lasts for 16 seconds? Mine only lasts for 12!

It actually does have some other, minor advantages.

1) It looks awesome.

2) It has 0 casting time.

3) If you start rocket boost and enter a vehicle-prohibited area, you will see the dismount warning and be visually dismounted. However, you will actually keep the rocket boost affect and the speed bonus for the entire 12 seconds. I already /bug'd it, so use it while it lasts =)

I'm actually pretty happy to have it just for all my bank alts that I need to run back and forth from GTN to bank (although with guild banks it's closer now).

Edited by Seront

Given the fact its a temporary mount - Should have a massively increased speed.

You could literally put the speed up tp 200% and it would be a fairly impressive speed burst that beats force speed.

Now that I know it is using silly mount mechanics, is woefully short and goes at the same speed as regular mounts...

incentive to buy - 0%