Silly PvEmo Rakghoul disease

OpenSorce

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If all you do is pvp, why aren't you just on your ship 24/7 unless you need to go buy a piece of gear? Is there plague on your ship too?

Yeah, people always exploding at the quest turn ins. But as I've said twice now, not such a big deal since suicide clears it.

Yeah, people always exploding at the quest turn ins. But as I've said twice now, not such a big deal since suicide clears it.

You should just explode on people and get the free vaccines, save yourself the headache.

If you're willing to do the PvP daily, the vaccine quest doesn't require any more PvE than that. Just Leroy Jenkins when you're feverish and get some free vaccines and credits.

But.... I don't want to do ANY PvE... at all... ever... for any reason... no matter what.

There's a game for that -- it's called Aion and it's now Free To Play. So you can PvP your whiny little heart out all day without ever having to worry about "PvPEmo", which you so ironically referred to it as.

You can leave now.

While the title of the thread is silly, there is still a point. The sickness spreads in the warzone, and the vaccine's immunity breaks when you die which is quite often in a warzone, so it isn't 2k for 6 hours of immunity, it is 2k for maybe 6 minutes of immunity in PvP.

I don't think the sickness should spread in warzones. It isn't the biggest inconvenience in the game (esp with all the bugs in pvp currently), but the "omg people complain about everything!!!" attitude is dumb when you consider that it can stun or kill you if you don't spend your 2k per death.

While the title of the thread is silly, there is still a point. The sickness spreads in the warzone, and the vaccine's immunity breaks when you die which is quite often in a warzone, so it isn't 2k for 6 hours of immunity, it is 2k for maybe 6 minutes of immunity in PvP.

I don't think the sickness should spread in warzones. It isn't the biggest inconvenience in the game (esp with all the bugs in pvp currently), but the "omg people complain about everything!!!" attitude is dumb when you consider that it can stun or kill you if you don't spend your 2k per death.

The OP has already discovered that you can just suicide and not take any equipment damage to get rid of the sickness.

Actually, just tried it. Suicide does not clear it.

That's actually what I thought, but I was going by whatever that other poster said.

Once your sickness has reached "Feverish", suicide WILL clear it, but you have to wait a little while. About 5 minutes, if I recall correctly.

Although, if you've gotten to "Feverish", I would just queue for a WZ and explode near enemy players for the vaccine.

That's actually what I thought, but I was going by whatever that other poster said.

Once your sickness has reached "Feverish", suicide WILL clear it, but you have to wait a little while. About 5 minutes, if I recall correctly.

Although, if you've gotten to "Feverish", I would just queue for a WZ and explode near enemy players for the vaccine.

Anyone know how long this silliness is supposed to continue?

Dear BioWare,

Hi I'm a PvP'er who queues for warzones alone. I didn't killtrade in Ilum or play WZs 7 days a week prior to 1.2, so I started this patch wearing Champion gear. So, not only did you make the penalty for being in a pug having to operate at a loss most games, but now you're also extorting 2000 credits from me every 6 hours of play time for some vaccine or have to fight off mobs in every spaceport.

You.....do realize that the life blood of this game is PvP, right? So, why force this mandatory PvE nonsense down our throats on top of everything else? The average non-premade playing PvP'er is being made to feel like an unwanted disenfranchised commodity as it is. Why throw forcing us to PvE on top of it?

lmao@lifeblood of this game is PvP. Clearly SWTOR is a PvE based game with a carebear

version of PvP thrown in.

lmao@lifeblood of this game is PvP. Clearly SWTOR is a PvE based game with a carebear

version of PvP thrown in.

That is still far more popular than the endgame PvE content on most servers. You seem to be forgetting that part.

No they are not hard to kill. It's more the principle of the matter. Make this event stuff optional. Give me a choice, I'm already one of the majority losing commendations/money every 3 out of 4 warzones, why kick me too?

Cry us a river

What now? You are not a solo PvP'er. "i do some pve"

And so did you. There is no way to avoid pve in this game because you cannot start pvp until lvl 10. If you only pvp after lvl 10 and you only lose then 2k can be alot. However, like others have said there are ways around it.

The mobs at spaceports are piss weak and the cost of vaccine is fairly negligible. Hell, the DNA samples you get from being infected can pay for future inoculations many times over.

Great. Awesome. Wonderful. Glad you don't mind. I do.

Now, if you don't mind I'd like to use the thread I created to express that and allow others to to express it to BioWare.

Feel free to go create a thread of your own. Maybe you could call it "We love the Rakghoul event!".

Great. Awesome. Wonderful. Glad you don't mind. I do.

Now, if you don't mind I'd like to use the thread I created to express that and allow others to to express it to BioWare.

Feel free to go create a thread of your own. Maybe you could call it "We love the Rakghoul event!".

Alot of madbro in this post., jesus I would think you would realize that this game isn't just about PVP. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should play MW3 or something less "Lore"

*YOU KNOW GAMES WHERE YOU WON'T GET MADBRO OVER A MMO STORY!*

Then why are oyu talking about spaceport? You like to travel?

Not that it matters, but sure. Some of the best PvP happens on planets not WZs. Also, I go to Ilum for the chests and Valor buff, Tatooine for the chests, etc.