People who know SWTOR best, Top Guild in SWTOR, Leaves... why?

Fox_McCloud

Don't know them, never heard of them. I wish them well in their future endeavours but fail to see what possible relevance this has to do with anything other than the usual forum whining and moaning.

That's all the OP ever does on these forums. Post stupid articles implying that the game is dying, but offering no actual proof. It is 100% trolling.

Edited by KrittaB

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condemned is a PvP focused guild and always have been. They always had plans to go to GW 2, which is looking to have a huge PVP element. The WvWvW system looks phenomenal. Anyways, them leaving is not news, they had this planned all along. A couple members of Condemned came to our guild back in February in lieu of them leaving, although the initial plan was for them to be done before 1.2.

I will be here a long time if I have anything to say about it. I played through all the changes in SWG so I know how much a roller coaster a game can be. Since I, and most of my guild/friends, are not in game all day, we have plenty to do. Add in helping each other and you extend everything.

Not sure how you all can claim to be the top guild or what ever, but hey, if you like the game you will stay, if not, you will go. :D

So it seems that this games number one Guild has left SWTOR yesterday after 4 months of play. They had all the world first records for top raids. They were essentially the pros, the guys who knew this game better then any other group of players.

Never heard of them, nor heard of what they may have claimed to be.

Pros? Were they endorsed and paid a bit of a fee to rep a company?

Knew the game? Power leveling normally misses too much of this game to be near knowledgeable.

My question to the SWTOR community, why do you think that the top guild in SWTOR has left the game such a short time after the latest content patch 1.2? What was missing from the patch that would have kept them interested?

Top Guild/"pros", never heard of them.

The "pros" couldn't do the latest content?

Do you feel that there is enough in the game to keep you interested in playing for at least another 6 months and if so, is it only because you are not as familiar with the game as the guild members of Condemned?

Why must it all be centered around end game only? This game was set up for more than a rush to the end and [spacebar] all of the content. Plenty to do, especially if you don't [spacebar] everything and skip all of the content.

And who in all that follows the Force ever said this "pro" guild knew diddly about the content of this game besides end game that they Failed to complete.

Anyway I am sure a lot of the die hards here will brush this off completely, but for me, it shows a warning sign for the developers and possibly other players, when the group of players who knows the game the best, decide its not worth continuing to play.

Oh no, Gloom and Doom. A Warning? LOL From a Failed "pro" guild that didn't know the game and didn't finish the new content.

Edited by Esproc

I'll take the bait I guess, but i've not heard of them.

As to your question, probably nothing would have kept them. They'll leave GW2 after a couple of months also after they level and burn through that game. And go where?

Eventually Titan will be upon us all and the same threads will occur.

Are they burners or players? Or do they consider burners to be players? It's a hairsplitter I guess, but useful to know.

I ask this because from your description they seem to be borg like. And as such it is irrational to think that any mmo will fill the need. Therefore it is irrational to think that leaving to prepare for GW2 is a reason. Prepare for what? An open beta so they are more familiar with the game when it launches to accomodate the borg like mentality and even further their own self fulfilling prophecy?

If so, there is no game for them.

Best post on this entire thread.

I'm going to start by saying I despise BioWare for two reasons: they have very poor communication skills and rapport with their customers, and they play PR marketing games rather than being honest and open with their clients.

Blame EA for that imo.

the reasons people leave this game are obvious.

no pvp plan, not been able to play fp=no people or lfg tool, no ranked, horrible gears, low population/no merging etc etc

i do not wish to pay a game and play 100000 times 4 wz maps just to be on a high elo rank.

i wish to raise elo by killing generally enemies and keep my deaths in low ratio.

as a customer it insults my intelligence. i am not a chimp where they can toss me legacy and expect me to keep paying for useless patches that do not solve serious issues.

Most important they do not have a clear plan for sieges, guilds vs guilds etc.

If they had we would knew about it. They just launched this game because they were exited with what they have accomplished so far. they wanted to share it but now i feel bad and canceled my account.

But most important i don't think anyone has experienced any SW epic fight yet, like in those trailers we've seen.

So now the game has become boring, unplayable in some servers and repetitive.

i'm sure my cancellation and all of those who did the same act will shake things and motivate BW to start working on some epic SW features, so we can all come back and enjoy.

So it seems that this games number one Guild has left SWTOR yesterday after 4 months of play. They had all the world first records for top raids. They were essentially the pros, the guys who knew this game better then any other group of players.

Their conclusion? time to quit.. Why? They say its to get ready for Guild Wars 2. Probably because the pre-purchase open beta weekends are starting next weekend or the weekend after at latest.

My question to the SWTOR community, why do you think that the top guild in SWTOR has left the game such a short time after the latest content patch 1.2? What was missing from the patch that would have kept them interested?

Do you feel that there is enough in the game to keep you interested in playing for at least another 6 months and if so, is it only because you are not as familiar with the game as the guild members of Condemned?

Anyway I am sure a lot of the die hards here will brush this off completely, but for me, it shows a warning sign for the developers and possibly other players, when the group of players who knows the game the best, decide its not worth continuing to play.

Condemned Guild webpage:

http://condemnedguild.enjin.com/home...article/691279

Also I noted today that articles are showing decline in subscription numbers and EA is now laying up to 1000 employees off due to underwhelming SWTOR and BF3 performance.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343845/ea-poor-battlefield-3-old-republic-performance-result-in-layoffs/

I am curious what you all think, thanks =)

I've been here since July 2011, never heard of them either.

Why are you asking us? We're not part of their guild. Did you even bother to ask them why, or are you just riding the "I want Star Wars to be for Hardcore Players" bandwagon?

I'm glad this game doesn't cater to hardcore PvPers, I play games for fun, not for sport, not for competition, not because I hold a delusional fantasy about being a "professional player".

Ask them, post their reasons, otherwise this thread is epic fail.

EDIT: EA needs to clean up their act. They used to be one of the top gaming companies, but how the mighty have fallen. Perhaps if they stopped imitating bad companies' business models, such as Activision, they wouldn't be in this mess. EA used to be about making good, quality games, but now its just about making money. When money becomes your primary concern in business, then all else becomes second-rate, or worse.

Edited by CaptRavenous

They could have left for any reason.

Me personally, im tired of seeing good games turn into soloable easy modes because of what I assume to be WoW fanboi's complaining this isnt exactly like WoW, give it 6 months it probably will be, and they will then leave because its exactly the same.

My server died and with no mergers in the forseeable future due to biowares denial nothing is really being done about it, i dont want to re roll 4 lvl 50s.

Lack of things to do when you have for the most part done everything there is to do.

Its not so much boredom as another mmo following the same old pattern most have for the last few years, nothing particularly new to offer.

NCsoft arenanet whatever has put me off GW2 so im off to tera for a few months when hopefully SWTOR will have sorted itself out.

But in saying that after playing a free form action RPG i dont think ill get used to the battle system here again,, or find it enjoyable.

We shall see

If you consider server firsts to qualify a guild as "the best" or "the top," then I call into question your qualifications for what makes a guild actually good.

A great guild is compassionate. They care about the game, their guild mates, and their server. They want to see other guilds succeed, and their server to thrive, nourished in helpfulness and the sort of positivity that drives players to accomplish more. They're strong, loyal, and caring in all of the ways that matter, and members of the guild feel like they've made new gamer friends as soon as they walk through the door. No pressure, no lame, meaningless goals... just fun.

That's how I personally qualify a guild as good or not. Guilds like the one you're describing were a major driving factor for myself, and hundreds of thousands of other players, leaving other certain MMO's for other ones. Those sorts of guilds contribute literally nothing of value to a server or a game's community. They won't be missed by anyone.

Why they nerd-raged and /gamequit is beyond me. It's a new game. There are bugs, and they'll be sorted in due time, in an order that best suits the capabilities of the design, development, and QA teams at Bioware. The very idea of an MMO, at its core, is that it's never truly finished. Take a look at WoW. How many years has that game been out? And they're still releasing patches to fix bugs that have been around since launch. They're still introducing fresh content and new cheesy kung-fu panda expansion packs. SWTOR will be around long after WoW is gone, and I'll bet you whatever you'd like to bet that in three years, it will be the number one MMO title on the market. Feel free to hold me to that, too. I myself am a former game developer. I know quality when I see it.

Their conclusion? time to quit.. Why? They say its to get ready for Guild Wars 2. Probably because the pre-purchase open beta weekends are starting next weekend or the weekend after at latest.

Condemned Guild webpage:

http://condemnedguild.enjin.com/home...article/691279

Also I noted today that articles are showing decline in subscription numbers and EA is now laying up to 1000 employees off due to underwhelming SWTOR and BF3 performance.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343845/ea-poor-battlefield-3-old-republic-performance-result-in-layoffs/

I am curious what you all think, thanks =)

1st... there is no such thing as a #1 guild in this MMO nor are there world first records and what do you mean "top raids" there are only 3 raids which any decent guild can get done on all modes.

2nd I think you and your kind are full of it... stop speculating and play.

Top guild according to who, them? You? lol

Doesn't sound like many have even heard of them, and we don't even have any reason to believe they got any server firsts other you saying it was so.

Even then, the first round of content was intentionally easy, most guilds with even semi competent players rolled through it. When we see higher tiers of raiding released then we might have a better idea what groups are a cut above the rest.

Just another doom and gloom post.

Lack of world pvp (no more ilum). Ranked war-zones not making 1.2.

Leaving for GW2 was not the initial plan by any means. Several members of our upper leadership (myself included) have been waiting for this game since the day it was announced. We were planning on playing this game for a very long time. To the poster whom said we always planned to leave is sorely mistaken. A lot of members were very interested in GW2 but as a guild we never intended to move.

After 1.1 ( in which we got world first clear for night mare content, see link for proof: http://www.swtor.raidranks.com/#!), we saw a large decline in activity. We were able to clear content in 4 hours, so we used the rest of the time to pvp. As a guild, most of our members like PVP as much if not more than PVE. What ever we do, we strive to be the best.

The Wednesday at 4:07 CST when it was announced that their would be no ranked war-zones for the foreseeable future was the straw that broke the camels back. That was when the majority of officers felt this game did not hold the long term vision and goals in mind.

To put this in perspective, I am the PVE officer/raid leader for the guild. My job was to research every encounter, determine raid makeup, form strategies. I played SWG, have read a **** ton of SWTOR novels (our group got 2nd in the trivia at the summit grrr...). Essentially, I am a huge Star Wars nerd.

However, officers and myself came to the conclusion this game does not cater to our guild's play style. We are a hardcore guild. That doesn't mean we are basement dwelling leeches, but we go after content hard and want to be the best at everything. This patch just made it clear that this game is catered to a different type of gamer. SWTOR has a ton of potential, but just aimed at different crowd.

Edited by swpoop

@OP: Easy to answer. This so-called "top" guild left alltogether because that is what they as a community do. They are hardcore-oriented and will consume more MMO materiel than a dev team as big as EA or Activision Blizzard can deliver in one game. So after they burned through the initial hardcore contents, they will move on to the next big game. It is because of this reason they won't ever go back to WoW (mabye only for new released content) or SWTOR ever again. They don't care about the game or the setting, they are defining "fun" as to be worldfirst in beating some virtual content, which is in my opinion not a very social hobby, but you know, I don't care.

My other take is this: Millenium, another hardcore raiding guild beat them in worldfirst with the Hardcore Explosive Contact Bosses and they left out of pure shame!

SWTOR has a ton of potential, but just aimed at different crowd.

Thank you.

I was going to make some snarky reply, but that last sentence is genuinely classy.

I hope you find a game you like. This one is mine. I am the crowd SWTOR is aimed at.

SWTOR will be around long after WoW is gone, and I'll bet you whatever you'd like to bet that in three years, it will be the number one MMO title on the market. Feel free to hold me to that, too. I myself am a former game developer. I know quality when I see it.

lol. Titan.

Never heard of them but ok :p

I think people in general (not just this top guild) are leaving because getting to max level was WAY too easy and fast even for casuals. Therefore, a rather high percentage of the population has been max level since January. Way too fast and nothing but repetition or alts after that. 1.2 added a day or two's worth of serious content and the rest was just fluff. (Regarding leveling, for reference, I have intentionally made several alts to slow myself down. Highest toon just made 41. Had I not, I would have been 50 within the first month or less. Remembering back to EQ2. I didn't hit max level until the first expansion came out. Those were the days *sigh*).

Will I stick out the next 6 months? Probably, but not because I'm not familiar with the game. It's because it's Star Wars. I want to give it a good chance to succeed.

Lol @ top guilds in TOR. BioWare has done an outstanding job ruling this MMO with an iron fist. Not only have they provided equal incentives for everyone but they have also eliminated all in-game competition. Bravo BioWare, bravo. Just the game I wanted to play! :)
There's always Starcraft. Besides, since there is no way to prove who's tops and who's first, any claim to such is nothing more than a primate chest beating exercise. As such, the issiues in OP's post have nothing to do with this game. Edited by GalacticKegger

I am besides myself how this turned into a witch hunt. It is clearly stated on their site:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"It's been a journey! After spending the last four months in Star Wars: The Old Republic, which saw us claim the World First rank for 1.0 and 1.1 content and the US First Rank/World Rank 2 for 1.2 content, Condemned has decided to move on from Star Wars: The Old Republic to our next chapter. Despite our PVE achievements, Condemned has always been first and foremost a PVP guild, and we'll be looking in that direction for our next game. That said, we have a great deal of respect for the developers and are thankful for their efforts - we remain huge BioWare fans and wish them best of luck in the future.

Hoping to see you all soon - be it by blade or by blaster.

-Condemned"

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe I am reading this completely wrong but I see no ego here coming out. If anything It's pure class.

I think they parted with grace and poise / diplomacy and tact.

I came to Sith Meditation Sphere(Moise/50Sorc) and now trying fluffy side of the house(Qore34Sage on HyperSpace Cannon). I came to this game from raiding in WOW(ShadowPriest: Moise/Tichondrius) for the past few years while beta testing other games (MMO's in perticular) and to be honest I got into SWTOR beta to test high resolution wide screen gaming with the intent to move on after giving feedback. I play MMOs across 3 46" HD TVs in gaming mode @ 6028 x 1900. Since then I have found a fondness for this game. It's weird; I never intended to stay but I like it. Sure my plan was to test here give input and move onto MOP Beta(which actually I am bored out of my mind even with 71 heirlooms and multiple toons copied) then onto TERA, Secret World then GW2. I don't make comparisons to D3 Beta since it has been Act-1 reroll-fest over and over for the past year even if I am a total Magic-Find boss runner at heart.

I am not so sure I will jump ship. I understand the game that SWTOR is and what is was developed as by Bioware even if i have qualms with the use of this old engine bought off some small development team and tweaked in development for 6years. Some feel that was BW's biggest mistake; but that is a whole different story for another thread and a different crowd.

I can make one assessment for anyone that came to SWTOR:

Anyone that plays this game wants this game to succeed deep down in their hearts. This game has such potential it just seems the market of gamers have lost any patience for the maturation process and have the strictest standards due to the saturated field of choices to come. I do feel that this game should have shipped with a ton more what we should call standard MMO features but again I feel there are deeper problems that we as the customer base can only speculate upon.

I believe that they left because Bioware refuses to add all level Purple and Orange color crystals to Artificer trainer.

No, I will never let that go. :D

Until they fix it that is...

Edited by Delekahn

lol. Titan.

LOL If you think Titan will be out in the next three years. They havnt even officially named it yet. Look how long Diablo 3 has taken after it was named. Dont get me wrong... im looking forward to what they do with Titan as well.

I am just of the opinion that I will probably be playing Titan with my grandchildren....