Artifice Rakata Relics

Darth_Rathus

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW finally emailed me back and told me that it is still possible to crit craft relics. That being said, I am now 1 for 30. I guess I'm not very lucky.

can you post up your reply? all i get is emails telling me basically to FOFF

Quote:

I am Protocol Droid W5-W8, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us with your question about crafting relics with augmented slots post 1.2.

We are happy to help with any problems that you may encounter playing the game, However, to avoid spoiling your game experience and the rich story-driven content of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we will not discuss or provide hints about storylines (Class, Companion or world storylines), changes in missions due to alternate choices, or anything relating to matters that are intended to be explored through gameplay.

This includes information on the whereabouts of Datacrons and how best to access them, since this is a part of the game that was designed to be challenging and complex for players.

We will not engage in in-depth discussion of game mechanics or provide advice on character builds or skill rotations. We also will not provide specific information on where or how to obtain specific items or pieces of equipment.

Please note that you can find a lot of information on our community forums. Details about your class, some gameplay mechanics or even the lore can be obtained by browsing the appropriate sub-forums. You can also obtain further input from your fellow players by posting on our official forums at http://www.swtor.com/community/

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or encounter any other issues that we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our speciality…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W5-W8 (aka Mar)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

i just built Capaign Relic #10 without crit... my guildmates are starting to blame me for burning through mats..

I also can second the Rakata issue, I'm far above 50 without a single augmented one.

you on deathwind corridor perhaps? lol i've brought about 15 campaign relics of boundless ages for guildies from the same person on the GTN, i think they are trying to crit craft them lol

i'm yet to see anyone post a screenshot of a crited campaign relic (people putting screenshots of rakata, but any idiot from pre 1.2 who crited one could post up a screenie saying they did it post 1.2)

if infact this is a bug, they should refund us the mats, or the cost of the mats.

i used up over 150 biometric alloys and other mats as soon as 1.2 came out trying to crit rakata relics, before giving up. i cringe for those trying to get campaign relics!

i've been harping on about this issue from the 2nd day of patch 1.2 without anyone bothering to acknowledge there was even a problem, and getting email replies copy and pasted from some bloody auto gen system. im sick of it. if it turns out this is a bug, and we dont get compensated. i will be cancelling my 6 subscriptions.

also after listening to the pod cast and finding out they are bringing out "augment tables" all of those like me and others who have been trying to crit these will basically be given the middle finger!

Edited by rayuki_yezine

Sent this:

Prior ticket: "As an Artifice, relics no longer seem to be able to be crit crafted an augment slot post patch 1.2"

Your response for that ticket was that this is not a bug and is working as intended. By that do you mean being UNABLE to critically craft Relics so they are granted an augment slot since 1.2 is intended? That the ability to do so was purposefully removed and yet not listed in the patch notes?

And am now waiting for a real response... :rolleyes:

can you post up your reply? all i get is emails telling me basically to FOFF

I got the same response...word for word...

Thank you for contacting us with your question about crafting relics with augmented slots post 1.2.

We are happy to help with any problems that you may encounter playing the game, However, to avoid spoiling your game experience and the rich story-driven content of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we will not discuss or provide hints about storylines (Class, Companion or world storylines), changes in missions due to alternate choices, or anything relating to matters that are intended to be explored through gameplay.

This includes information on the whereabouts of Datacrons and how best to access them, since this is a part of the game that was designed to be challenging and complex for players.

We will not engage in in-depth discussion of game mechanics or provide advice on character builds or skill rotations. We also will not provide specific information on where or how to obtain specific items or pieces of equipment.

Please note that you can find a lot of information on our community forums. Details about your class, some gameplay mechanics or even the lore can be obtained by browsing the appropriate sub-forums. You can also obtain further input from your fellow players by posting on our official forums at http://www.swtor.com/community/

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or encounter any other issues that we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our speciality…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W5-W8 (aka Mar)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Is there any chance we can get a reply from a Dev. Just something along the lines of "yes you can still crit, yes it's really friggen hard, and yes it's working as intended"

The lack of response makes me think they screwed up and are going to ninja fix this and blame the impossible streak on RNG.

I got the same response...word for word...

Yeah, thats what I got, too. Create another ticket, reference this original ticket, and ask them to re-open it.

Pre 1.2 I got a crit on my first try at a rakata relic. I was using Lord Scourge and had affection of around 3k with him at the time.

I have tried twice since with different relics post-1.2 with no success. However, I would suggest doing the same as I intend to do - wait until after 1.3 and use an augment-kit on the augment tables to add the slot to it. Even if it costs ~25k it'll be cheaper than going for the RNG on the items on average.

However, I would suggest doing the same as I intend to do - wait until after 1.3 and use an augment-kit on the augment tables to add the slot to it. Even if it costs ~25k it'll be cheaper than going for the RNG on the items on average.

The whole reason I was hoping for a crit was so i could have a relic better than the campaign relics. Well since I will be able to augment the campaign relic, it effectively makes my rakata relic worthless and I might as well just grind out the 200 comms and augment a campaign relic.

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while as I have a Campaign Relic schematic and have been trying to crit it. I got up to 12 attempts before i decided what was on this forum must be true; that it's bugged.

I sent multiple tickets, and eventually I talked to a CSR due to completely unrelated issues. I brought up the relic topic and they went and investigated it, and replied with an email later. They told me it was working as intended etc etc, but I asked them if they could tell me if I had to do anything else or if I was doing the right thing etc. They replied to this by saying "We recommend you continue to craft them, as you will eventually crit one" or something along those lines.

After I saw this I decided I would craft a few more. And as of 15 minutes ago, I crit one on my 15th attempt.

Don't give up, and good luck ;)

I've got a similar problem with biochem and crafting implants (As a sage)... Ridiculously low crit rate... :( To add insult to injury, the bloody legacy unlocked droid on my ship doesn't sell any augments with bonuses to this. 1mil credits down the drain...

I did the same thing

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while as I have a Campaign Relic schematic and have been trying to crit it. I got up to 12 attempts before i decided what was on this forum must be true; that it's bugged.

I sent multiple tickets, and eventually I talked to a CSR due to completely unrelated issues. I brought up the relic topic and they went and investigated it, and replied with an email later. They told me it was working as intended etc etc, but I asked them if they could tell me if I had to do anything else or if I was doing the right thing etc. They replied to this by saying "We recommend you continue to craft them, as you will eventually crit one" or something along those lines.

After I saw this I decided I would craft a few more. And as of 15 minutes ago, I crit one on my 15th attempt.

Don't give up, and good luck ;)

Companion used? Affection level? Location relic was crafted? Server?

I made a rakata light-belt with augmentation in 2 try with a companion with 6000 affection

only after i found out is BOP and i cannot send it to my alt...

*crying*

Edited by Pekish

*** CONFIRMED ***

The "ninja fix" we discussed is apparently up.

I just crafted Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages (augmented).

The relic was crafted by Vette, who has 10k affection, on the Imperial Fleet.

To the devs - I'd still like to see everyone's materials / credits refunded because we were lied to for the past month. Can I prove that your CSR's lied? No, but I think the examples in this thread show that we all know better.

*** CONFIRMED ***

To the devs - I'd still like to see everyone's materials / credits refunded because we were lied to for the past month. Can I prove that your CSR's lied? No, but I think the examples in this thread show that we all know better.

/applaud.

Happy to hear you've got your relic. If anyone deserved it, you did. My mind still boggles at 100 craft attempts. :eek:

*** CONFIRMED ***

omg.. I just got mine on the first try after I read this.....

Congrats to all of you for finally getting your augmented relic.

Still can't believe Bioware failed to acknowledge this issue and decided to secretly fix this pretending everything is and has always been ok when clearly this thread proves it wasn't ok.

Edited by Rhaphael

Jesus...

Im a new player and have tried 3x to make the relic and put it down to sheer bad luck.....

Now i know i had ZERO chance?? What an insult. Cant believe some of you guys made it 50+ times :eek:

Im struggling to get mats/cash for my new attempts.

Amen to that. I can't believe they're blatantly lying to us then silently fixing the problem. They probably just have no idea how to restore the BCA and gems anyway.

I'm highly disappointed by Bioware's communication management.