How many people are dropping their subs?

Kelenan

Are you dropping your sub due to this new 1.2 fiasco to WZ?

A lot of my guild has rage quit since the first day and I don't think they are coming back.

I don't like the new rewards and I intend to drop my sub as well.

Are you gonna drop your sub too?

Let BioWare know with this thread.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of my guild has rage quit since the first day and I don't think they are coming back.

Guild definitely lost some subs, but hopefully the changes announced today will fix that.

Edited by PhilCanuck

I unsubbed.

Until they lay out a specific plan for PvP development, I'm not interested in insta-gib PvP.

And the only right way to start a specific plan for PvP development is to give a pink-slip to Gabe and his team.

They've got me until end of 30 days free time they've promised. That gives them about 45 days to fix this.

Edited by Pedra

I dropped my sub for many reasons.

The main one being that I was pumped up when I hit 50 and then I realised fml I need good gear of I die in 3 seconds on warzones.

I thought "Meh I can get good gear by grinding warzones for comms" but then i played 1 or 2 and got about 15 comms for whole warzones and decided that it wasnt worth 6 months of getting steamrolled in warzones to gear up and have fun. Literally I ran in (as a tank) and 3 guy could cc and down me before I could do anything. No fun and no chance of grinding to become fun due to getting no rewards for even playing.

Still got 87 days left on my sub though fml :mad:

Surprised how they could ruin pvp so badly time and time again. I reackon in 1,3 they will do something hilarious like add a "kill everyone" button for people who have the best gear. Their philosophy seems to be to let the geared people get more gear and make the best gear even further above the worst gear. I now just sit back and laugh :D

I dropped my sub for many reasons.

The main one being that I was pumped up when I hit 50 and then I realised fml I need good gear of I die in 3 seconds on warzones.

I thought "Meh I can get good gear by grinding warzones for comms" but then i played 1 or 2 and got about 15 comms for whole warzones and decided that it wasnt worth 6 months of getting steamrolled in warzones to gear up and have fun. Literally I ran in (as a tank) and 3 guy could cc and down me before I could do anything. No fun and no chance of grinding to become fun due to getting no rewards for even playing.

Still got 87 days left on my sub though fml :mad:

Surprised how they could ruin pvp so badly time and time again. I reackon in 1,3 they will do something hilarious like add a "kill everyone" button for people who have the best gear. Their philosophy seems to be to let the geared people get more gear and make the best gear even further above the worst gear. I now just sit back and laugh :D

Sooo. basically you want free gear?

A handful of upset players don't = everyone, seen one of my servers peak time go from 80-100 to 150+ now, so i guess not everyone like the handful of players on the forums are upset, or maybe they realize its still a new game and with each mmo out it gets better and better instead of thinking I WANT IT NOW OR I QUIT motto like i see so many do yet they still play...

If your going to unsub then thats your choice, stop posting/ranting/carrying on about all the stuff you dislike and just go...

I play MMOs in order to play with my real life friends who have moved all over the US (and some are stationed in other countries). My subscription status is directly tied to theirs. They all quit WoW, so I quit WoW. I talked them all into signing up here on SWTOR and I will stay as long as they do.

If the changes BW makes, for good or for bad, cause my friends to leave, I will follow.

Sooo. basically you want free gear?

Basically I want the difference between top and bottom gear to be minor

atm = best gear wins everytime due to expertise changes.

atm if you dont have the best gear you dont win much and therefore dont get ANY (yes basically 0) comms.

You dont want people to get good gear? I want skill to matter alot not just gear :D Maybe you are a no skiller used to gear hahaha

A handful of upset players don't = everyone, seen one of my servers peak time go from 80-100 to 150+ now, so i guess not everyone like the handful of players on the forums are upset, or maybe they realize its still a new game and with each mmo out it gets better and better instead of thinking I WANT IT NOW OR I QUIT motto like i see so many do yet they still play...

If your going to unsub then thats your choice, stop posting/ranting/carrying on about all the stuff you dislike and just go...

New to MMOs? Patches always bring players back. Check back a week from now. Whatever, it seems the "handful" of upset players was enough to get Bioware to rethink things. That should tell you something.

They got me until the free time is done....so yeah 45 days or so. But another game is going to take up some time in there :D

I'll see what BW can do in the meantime.

Honestly my biggest grip is queue times. Add cross server PvP and I might keep playing. Even though half my guild has sworn of PvP now.

A few hehehe yeh, this game is dying face it. In the eu (en) only 1 server above "standard" (and i was on a standard server and sometimes the only person on planets like hoth so thats what they call standard!) and that is because BW is being dumb. Pvp is important haha and BW decided to make the dominant side get more comms and better gear whilst keeping the pub players and the worse side with worse gear and no comms to improve.

Result = less and less competitive pvp. They need a hotfix now or this issue will go too far to EVER fix. They wont though so I guess we just all have to sit back and laugh :D

New to MMOs? Patches always bring players back. Check back a week from now. Whatever, it seems the "handful" of upset players was enough to get Bioware to rethink things. That should tell you something.

Rethink things? alot of ppl are upset atm on these forums due to bugs and improper testing because they wanted 1.2 ASAP, so ya alot dont comprehend and still don't...

A few hehehe yeh, this game is dying face it. In the eu (en) only 1 server above "standard" (and i was on a standard server and sometimes the only person on planets like hoth so thats what they call standard!) and that is because BW is being dumb. Pvp is important haha and BW decided to make the dominant side get more comms and better gear whilst keeping the pub players and the worse side with worse gear and no comms to improve.

Result = less and less competitive pvp. They need a hotfix now or this issue will go too far to EVER fix. They wont though so I guess we just all have to sit back and laugh :D

Im looking at the EU servers right now, see way more than your leading on to beleave, dying? ya not so much maybe in your narrow sighted vision perhaps?

Wow took a huge hit with arena's lol, ranked will get here when its ready and whining about it wont accomplish this any faster, if they did release it now ppl would complain its got bugs, exploits etc and another handful of stuff to cry about, again thanks for your insight...

They're keeping my sub. People are WAY over reacting. The changes aren't that bad (or bad at all), learn to adapt or don't play MMO's.

I thought the sky was falling until I got home last Thursday and played. I have a dps and a healer at 50 with mediocre gear, and it's far from broken.

Rethink things? alot of ppl are upset atm on these forums due to bugs and improper testing because they wanted 1.2 ASAP, so ya alot dont comprehend and still don't...

Huh? Was that supposed to make sense? You said the numbers are up. I said that's traditionally the case in any MMO in the period after a major patch. People come back to test the changes. Hell, I bet people even resubbed in advance to be ready for ranked. A week from now, those people will be back to playing the next beta in line, or Skyrim, or something.

Whatever, clearly enough people disagreed with the changes since they're being patched.

you mean how many complainers on the forums are dropping their subs?

i would hope that all of them do

as for the other 95% of the players that dont waste time here im pretty sure they are happy and content with the game just like i am.

They're keeping my sub. People are WAY over reacting. The changes aren't that bad (or bad at all), learn to adapt or don't play MMO's.

I thought the sky was falling until I got home last Thursday and played. I have a dps and a healer at 50 with mediocre gear, and it's far from broken.

stop telling me to adapt. i pay to play. i dont need to adapt. many other games to pay to play out there. If I dont like the changes that are made to a game I stop paying to play. Its simple.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

Basically I want the difference between top and bottom gear to be minor

atm = best gear wins everytime due to expertise changes.

atm if you dont have the best gear you dont win much and therefore dont get ANY (yes basically 0) comms.

You dont want people to get good gear? I want skill to matter alot not just gear :D Maybe you are a no skiller used to gear hahaha

I'm running with mostly recruit gear on my Jugg due to rerolling to play with RL friends. I do reasonably well and have been as high as #2 in damage in a couple of warzones. You can be pretty effective without the best gear, but it does suck when you solo queue and end up on a short handed team against a partial pre-made.

Hint on how to be effective in 1.2: time to kill is very short for any class, so spec for damage unless you are a healer. Tank survivability is still poor so spec'ing tank is probably not very effective with less than ideal gear.