Proof operatives are not useless

Dampiel

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/DampielX/Screenshot_2012-04-15_10_13_36_448441.jpg

Finally an Operative plays the objectives instead of running around ganking poor saps

HINT: look at the objectives breakdown

Edited by Dampiel

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/DampielX/Screenshot_2012-04-15_10_13_36_448441.jpg

Finally an Operative plays the objectives instead of running around ganking poor saps

HINT: look at the objectives breakdown

So you are saying your dps is so low, your only point in a wz now is to arm/disarm bombs?

So, the main reason people play is to do random brainless dps in the warzone ? Doh, no wonder ppl r crying that if u lose you dont get anything.

God, i hope someday if you lose, you lose -10.000 credits. I would love to see you killing 50 mobs before you join any warzone.

Look at how many little purple lightning symbols there is in the classes,that is common,what is it with you Imps anyways?

It is common, give it a month or 2 and all you will see is marauders instead of sorcs

Ok there are 3 camps on Ops/Scoundrel.

1) Noobs/nubs that think they are OP Bcuz they are bad, don't understand the game Mech/Thier class/Burst class mech.

2) The people like you that think Ops/Scoundrel are just fine.

3) And good players like me that understand that while an OP can do ALL that he is doing INSPITE of being handicapped by a class with almost ZERO UTILITY!

In case you didn't know it's OPTION 3!

I play a Shadow and have no dog in this fight. Just an xp MMO PVPer that knows what he's talking about!

LOL!

Hey kids! You wanna be an super-secret-squirrel operative and cap doors\nodes all day! We have an new and improved PVP 1.2 AC class just for you! It's the brand new, 6-nerf since inception concealment Op...play now!

Let's be completely honest about this:

- If you're not putting up similar objective numbers to the Op in the screen shot, you're a hinderance t your team.

Quite frankly, it is my experience that people play Ops and Scrappers wrong (old mindset of how to play from prior games, imo). Though, I'm also finding first hand how hard it is playing the Op. Where as everyone else has the benefit of being able to just do what they want when they want, you've got to balance your frailty and capabilities with the situation you see. I've had several games lately where an opponent was getting jumped 2-1 but there wasnt' anything that I could do to stop the situation while working to the goal of taking a node or taking a door.

I really wish that people would play the Op for a little while to understand what is what.

Let's be completely honest about this:

- If you're not putting up similar objective numbers to the Op in the screen shot, you're a hinderance t your team.

Quite frankly, it is my experience that people play Ops and Scrappers wrong (old mindset of how to play from prior games, imo). Though, I'm also finding first hand how hard it is playing the Op. Where as everyone else has the benefit of being able to just do what they want when they want, you've got to balance your frailty and capabilities with the situation you see. I've had several games lately where an opponent was getting jumped 2-1 but there wasnt' anything that I could do to stop the situation while working to the goal of taking a node or taking a door.

I really wish that people would play the Op for a little while to understand what is what.

In your opinion, what *advantage* does your Operative have, besides stealth, over another class in accomplishing objectives? Can you cap faster? What about point-blank knocking people away from nodes or speed running the huttball past the goal line? What do you personally bring to the table as a non-healing Operative that doesn't make you a liability.

Edited by phistonation

In your opinion, what *advantage* does your Operative have, besides stealth, over another class in accomplishing objectives? Can you cap faster? What about point-blank knocking people away from nodes or speed running the huttball past the goal line? What do you personally bring to the table as a non-healing Operative that doesn't make you a liability.

That's just it. I don't feel like I bring any advantage to the game other than stealth and the flexability of ghetto healing. My point was, though, that most Ops and Scrappers won't even do that. They just linger around the fringes of ALL battles and wait. Void Star is a majorly difficult WZ to play as a stealther due to all of the AoE and extreme lack of ground with which to play. But even in the most open of WZs (Civil War), most stealthers just kind of hang back and wait for the wounded duck. I just think of it more as a bad mind set and the overall lack of survivability that kind of reinforces that mind set.

Either he sat there and tried to cap the door over and over and over until he got it, or someone on the other team was doing that and he just smacked him over and over.

In the WZ's I've been fighting in there have been no less than 3 Ops at a time. Their DPS is unbelievable (6-8k in 2 to 3 seconds). It's only compounded by their ability to keep you completely locked down till you're dead. No other class in this game deals out that kind of DPS whilst simultaneously being able to keep you from doing nothing until you die. It's literally absurd.

In the WZ's I've been fighting in there have been no less than 3 Ops at a time. Their DPS is unbelievable (6-8k in 2 to 3 seconds). It's only compounded by their ability to keep you completely locked down till you're dead. No other class in this game deals out that kind of DPS whilst simultaneously being able to keep you from doing nothing until you die. It's literally absurd.

Well the KD from HS should fill your resolve bar preventing locking from happening, so that is issue# 1.

The other thing is that if you are a Light Armor wearer with no shields then you **** well better be dead or close to it if an OP is worth his/her salt.

Last thing, if you're not a light armor wearer and you get hit for 8k in 2s-3s, you're bad at this game.

@dontbemadbro

Edited by JayPres

Well the KD from HS should fill your resolve bar preventing locking from happening, so that is issue# 1.

The other thing is that if you are a Light Armor wearer with no shields then you **** well better be dead or close to it if an OP is worth his/her salt.

Last thing, if you're not a light armor wearer and you get hit for 8k in 2s-3s, you're bad at this game.

@dontbemadbro

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! You actually used "dontbemadbro". Thank you. Well, the resolve bar doesn't work. At the very best it works infrequently. Nope, not a bad PvP'er at all. I haven't encountered an Ops yet that couldn't drop my toons, no matter what armor they were wearing (all of which I keep completely upgraded), down to at least 50% health in two seconds. The devs have made a grave imbalance with this class.