The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else needs to be said, everyone here has the game, if you dont agree and enjoy it, more power to you, nothing will change your mind anyways at this point. I think the game looks horrid and i didnt care for the new ui that much, it is what it is. At this point if you are still here playing SWTOR nothing will change your mind if the game being like it is already hasnt

This is just a nonsense argument. You posted that you hate the game. The reasons you stated were ridiculous at best. I pointed that out and you paint me as deluded? I attacked your argument, you attacked me for doing so. You then attempted to discredit me by attempting to promulgate your opinion of me (ad hominem) into fact the same way you are attempting to do so with the game over all, but you have put forth no substance to back that up, just your bias opinion which is a logical fallacy.

As with every MMORPG, 3 months into launch, there are issues and there is room for improvement (which is what they do over the years, continually improve), but to argue that the UI is the reason the game is bad is, well its ridiculous. The UI modification tool is the best ever seen in this genre. To argue that 20 minutes is sufficient time to review the entirety of this content patch is also ridiculous, let alone experience it. it would take that much time to even work on your ui, yet you are condemning the entirety of the game based on that amount of time?

Sorry, not buying that at all. I'm just seeing someone that has convinced themselves of something without ever investigating it, and is then spewing negatives with no substance to back them up.

LOL, now there's an in depth review for ya.

The UI editor is not good? What? Its more dated then Wow? The UI editor is so simple a chimp could use it, and it is fully customizable beyond anything seen in an MMO before.

Honestly, this argument is absolute nonsense. I'm thinking that you re subbed so you could continue to spam the boards with this stuff.

Probably a smear merchant/disinformation junkie/paid mole/etc. In a $68B industry it has to be expected. Edited by GalacticKegger

I can't speak for others, but all my launch day friends have canceled. My launch day guild, which lasted 3 months is gone. I'm the only one still playing from a large group of friends that did nothing but talk about this game for the past two years.

My server hasn't had a queue since the first week. It's population is ok, but borderline low. If I log in during off peak hours (8am-5pm EST) most places have single digit populations. I still find the leveling an alt side of the game fun and will continue to play it like a solo RPG until something changes or I get bored and cancel.

I think EAoware took a huge step in giving customers a free month, aside from hiring help it was probably the 2nd best thing they could do for us & for the game.

I love the PvP i this game and although I don't care for the PvE, stupid plagues(Who was the genius that thought of that?) or Legacy crap I would stay just for the PVP.

However, I must have some eta for server mergers/transfers by the time my free time runs out or I'm a goner for sure cause I'm wasting way too much time standing in line for WZ...

I think it's clear that EAoware has made plenty of questionable decisions but they can still turn things around if they stop wasting resources on features that are not essential while 75% of server communities falls apart in front of their eyes.

So I notice we have the same five or six people posting over and over again how the game is fail on this thread and have been doing so for days.....meanwhile most of the servers are still standard or heavy despite the Diablo II open weekend and the open Tera beta.

In further reading it's been pretty much proven time and again that the OP's statements are false, and his links are bogus misinformation as Daniel Erickson just said two days ago that the population hasn't dropped.

But yeah; doom, fail...The sky!!! she's a falling!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

So I notice we have the same five or six people posting over and over again how the game is fail on this thread and have been doing so for days.....meanwhile most of the servers are still standard or heavy despite the Diablo II open weekend and the open Tera beta.

In further reading it's been pretty much proven time and again that the OP's statements are false, and his links are bogus misinformation as Daniel Erickson just said two days ago that the population hasn't dropped.

Don't take this the wrong way, as nothing I say should be taken personally...

Why do we take one man at his word because he happens to work for BioWare (he has chips on the table), but we don't take this analyst's or the player's concerns on their merits?

Sitting back and looking at this discussion, it just seems that people on either side pick and choose which (mis)information backs their claim and call it concrete proof of their hypothesis. It seems we give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who works for BioWare because "he would know," but I would argue that's precisely the reason we should scrutinize his information; when the captain of the Costa Concordia tells me the ship isn't sinking--despite that uneasy feeling I have--I'm running for the lifeboat.

All information should be taken with a grain of salt.

anecdotal evidence is not something i would necessarily use.... counting people on fleet is not something i would use either.... with legacy out, perhaps there are people playing the opposite faction storyline with one of the unlocked races.... just throwing that out there as a possibility since if they are out actively questing, or even doing that world event thing on Tatooine, then it may stand to reason, that is why they aren't standing around at fleet.

I wouldn't say "Doom, fail" etc but my server is usually listed Standard at peak times with 20-40 people in fleet and about 100-150 in faction. Ques can take long even during peak hours on our "standard" pop server and there are many servers listed as light pop. I just think that a large part of the community is being affected and that sever pop is a bigger issue than legacy or rakghoul plagues. Yes, they said they're "working" on server transfers and that is clear but I think the way the entire problem is being handled has been unsatisfactory and has created a substantial amount of negativity. I know some people are on servers with decent pop but in my server every one talks about the "server pop problem" and we're listed "Standard". Anyways, I hope everything works out in the end... I've seen a lot of people go but there are still some good players around...

Edited by Quintan

Don't take this the wrong way, as nothing I say should be taken personally...

Why do we take one man at his word because he happens to work for BioWare (he has chips on the table), but we don't take this analyst's or the player's concerns on their merits?

Sitting back and looking at this discussion, it just seems that people on either side pick and choose which (mis)information backs their claim and call it concrete proof of their hypothesis. It seems we give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who works for BioWare because "he would know," but I would argue that's precisely the reason we should scrutinize his information; when the captain of the Costa Concordia tells me the ship isn't sinking--despite that uneasy feeling I have--I'm running for the lifeboat.

All information should be taken with a grain of salt.

Simply because if he lies to his investors or makes statements to the media about the health of his product he can be held accountable in a court of law; also he has the actual numbers some dude who was a burger flipper last week and a Analyst today doesn't.

It isn't rocket surgery.

I'm not going to spend my gametime sitting on the fleet infecting people and doing the Tat infected quests, that's BW's way of distracting players. We all know the game's population is declining and at an alarming rate, despite pvp being a second afterthought in this game, it's what most of us want to do and BW/Mythic can't seem to get pvp right- look at Ilum, and now you can't pick up the 30/150 kills daily/weekly anymore.

For now I'm levelling up my alts until my (free) sub runs out.

just resubbed to see what 1.2 had to offer, unsubbed in 20 min. The graphics some how managed to look worse, the ui editior is not very good, when i hit the map, it is to large for my screen now and the top and side edges are off of my screen, as far as i could tell no way to resize the map when u press m, not the mini map. Overall game looks and feels dated been playing wow for the last month or so, and yes it looks better alot better. Game is bad

The UI editor is the best part of 1.2, hands down as my UI looks the same way I had the UI in SWG (pre-CU). Graphics looks sharper (too sharp) so I had to turn down shader complexity from high to low and it's now much easier on the eyes.

Edited by Sookster

I'm not going to spend my gametime sitting on the fleet infecting people and doing the Tat infected quests, that's BW's way of distracting players. We all know the game's population is declining and at an alarming rate, despite pvp being a second afterthought in this game, it's what most of us want to do and BW/Mythic can't seem to get pvp right- look at Ilum, and now you can't pick up the 30/150 kills daily/weekly anymore.

For now I'm levelling up my alts until my (free) sub runs out.

Okay you keep saying that but have no empirical evidence that the game is declining, yet there is empirical evidence that it isn't (a Bioware employee telling us so)...it's kind of like me saying I know those guys that has been working on the same telephone pole in front of my house are with the CIA. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Simply because if he lies to his investors or makes statements to the media about the health of his product he can be held accountable in a court of law; also he has the actual numbers some dude who was a burger flipper last week and a Analyst today doesn't.

It isn't rocket surgery.

Must be since what you said in your first sentence makes no sense whatsoever. People lie to investors and media all the time about how good there product is ummmm enron ring a bell. They got in trouble not for lying about the companies state but withdrawing millions of dollars before the company collapsed and banking on it to fail. SO no he cant be held accountable he can say what ever it is he likes. Its kinda cute that you think people report the truth and dont lie bit its time to grow up and join the REAL world..

Okay you keep saying that but have no empirical evidence that the game is declining, yet there is empirical evidence that it isn't (a Bioware employee telling us so)...it's kind of like me saying I know those guys that has been working on the same telephone pole in front of my house are with the CIA. :rolleyes:

The game is not declining, there are a lot of people still buying the game. However, way too many people are quitting in frustration so it's keeping the pop about even i would think. Customers that un-subbed can still be won back if things get better soon though.

Wheres the evidence? can i see the chart or graph showing that the player base has gone up, not the one from a website. You know the one from bioware or Ea they released? o thats right they didin't so we need to take EA's word for it. They were VOTED worst gaming company in the world cause they lie and treat customers like crap. So i guess if the telephone company said "yeah we are cia" then they would be CIA cause they said so by your analogy. :eek: you guys need to wake up

Must be since what you said in your first sentence makes no sense whatsoever. People lie to investors and media all the time about how good there product is ummmm enron ring a bell. They got in trouble not for lying about the companies state but withdrawing millions of dollars before the company collapsed and banking on it to fail. SO no he cant be held accountable he can say what ever it is he likes. Its kinda cute that you think people report the truth and dont lie bit its time to grow up and join the REAL world..

Actually I'm approaching this in a much more mature manner than you are.

And you are wrong yes they did withdraw millions but they also lied to investors to keep them around and what was the result? Lots of folks went to jail and a company went away ....one guy even killed himself. Now we have a tighter system with stiffer penalties. That isn't speculation or paranoia that is fact.

But that is besides the point.

What we are seeing here is a group of bitter haters who have been proven wrong yet again doing the only thing they can do.

Whine that BioWare is lying.

Wheres the evidence? can i see the chart or graph showing that the player base has gone up, not the one from a website. You know the one from bioware or Ea they released? o thats right they didin't so we need to take EA's word for it. They were VOTED worst gaming company in the world cause they lie and treat customers like crap. So i guess if the telephone company said "yeah we are cia" then they would be CIA cause they said so by your analogy. :eek: you guys need to wake up

Yeah it says a lot about the legitimacy of the consumerist when a company that kicks children from their homes is passed over for a entertainment company.

No way that poll was Astroturfred huh?

Regarding subscription counts:

I (like thousands of others) have unsubbed, but my subscription is still considered active. When you hear a report of "current subs", we are still included in that count because our gametime has not run out yet. With the free month given to everybody with a Lv50/Legacy 6, you can bet that they are counting those numbers as well. Also, many players have reached Lv50, or tried the game while subbed under the 3months+ plan, and simply do not log on anymore (because the endgame is lacking), or are waiting for their gametime to run out to unsub. Furthermore, with the game now being released in EU and Asia Pacific, they are undoubtedly gaining subscription counts in those regions, but the NA (and EU somewhat) servers have dwindling populations as players leave or migrate to their now available region.

So you can see how BioWare/EA can skew subscription counts to include all of these, even though they clearly mean that people are NOT logging on as frequently anymore, and most have given SWTOR a try and decided to move on.

You can sit there and be optimistic, almost delusional about this, but the fact is that when you log onto servers even during primetime, the number of active players is a fraction of what it was, and on many servers you simply cannot even start a Warzone or Operation. This kind of stagnation only leads to even more people quitting the game. Yes, we can reroll and start over (even though they just released this Legacy feature), but if I am going to start from Lv1, I'm going to do it on another game with a company that has better planning and foresight than this one.

And yes, as long as I have gametime, I can post here, not because I like to "whine", but I have hopes for this game to succeed, and I feel like the developers and other players need hear my opinion, lost in a sea of the 'yes-man fanboism' that is so persistent here. I love the Star Wars franchise, I love the MMO genre, but sadly, I have tried, but do not love this game.

Edited by Tyraelium

An employee making a statement is not exactly empirical evidence...if you want some empirical evidence...take a look at EA stock...went from $61 a share to $16 a share. EA was recently voted as the "worst company in America", behind BP and Haliburton. A recent article also stated that they just laid off 9% of their workforce as well. They recently had to change nearly their entire board as the past members left EA to join Zynga.

So I notice we have the same five or six people posting over and over again how the game is fail on this thread and have been doing so for days :rolleyes:

Well Jett-Rinn your doing the same thing but telling everybody how this game is best in class in the MMO world. :mad:Why not just hush up let there stock report tell us what is really happen with this game/company instead of going back in forth like your doing now.

If yea want to know how good ea is doing well lets log in to scottrade and type in EA.. OK this is what I see

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) traded today (4-20-12) at a new 52-week low of $14.64

6 months ago they were topping 25 per share.

(Second Opinion Weekly) Rating Downgrade 2 days ago. Down to a big fat 0 AVOID

Edited by Uzziel
Added font color to Mr Jett because I can