Please speed up the rakghoul plague! (Or at least give us a timer)

Ristle

I've spent two hours waiting to explode.

I'm trying to complete plaguebearer on the fleet. I'm trying to farm to get enough DNA to buy the shinies.

I'm actively avoiding doing anything else till I explode. I want to hit cap today and I'm stood in front of the PvP terminal for 2 hours.

Hell, even a debuff timer would be fine so I know when I'm going to pop.

So your mad because they didn't give you enough tools to exploit effectively? I'm pretty sure they didn't want people standing around on fleet 'waiting' to explode. And if they did, they sure don't want you to be able to time it and farm it.

So your mad because they didn't give you enough tools to exploit effectively? I'm pretty sure they didn't want people standing around on fleet 'waiting' to explode. And if they did, they sure don't want you to be able to time it and farm it.

Then why make it a daily to infect ten people, and reward us with currency for items for doing it?

You may need to check your definition of exploiting a game, as well.

Then why make it a daily to infect ten people, and reward us with currency for items for doing it?

You may need to check your definition of exploiting a game, as well.

Ultimately, I'd answer because I just don't think they thought this one through.

The timer is exactly 20 minutes from first being infected to when you blow up. I timed it via a cooking timer multiple times. When you travel, the timer sometimes gets "stuck". I got infected to lightheaded then went to Tatooine to do Live Event daily quests. I was stuck at lightheaded the whole time (2+ hours). Once I finished the quest and went back to fleet it seem to start again, though it took a little longer than usual (30+ minutes). Once I blew up, I went back to the 20 minute timer.

Some people have said they've gotten stuck and do not blow up. If you're stuck, take the vaccine (either do the quests or buy one for 2k) and then right click the vaccine icon to remove it and get reinfected.

Hope this helps.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

I agree with this.

The timer is exactly 20 minutes from first being infected to when you blow up. I timed it via a cooking timer multiple times. When you travel, the timer sometimes gets "stuck". I got infected to lightheaded then went to Tatooine to do Live Event daily quests. I was stuck at lightheaded the whole time (2+ hours). Once I finished the quest and went back to fleet it seem to start again, though it took a little longer than usual (30+ minutes). Once I blew up, I went back to the 20 minute timer.

Some people have said they've gotten stuck and do not blow up. If you're stuck, take the vaccine (either do the quests or buy one for 2k) and then right click the vaccine icon to remove it and get reinfected.

Hope this helps.

I also confirm. It took me exactly 20 minutes 9 times in a row to explode. I have no idea why some players keep repeating that it takes them forever (1-2 hours) to reach the explosion.

I also confirm. It took me exactly 20 minutes 9 times in a row to explode. I have no idea why some players keep repeating that it takes them forever (1-2 hours) to reach the explosion.

Guessing from what he said, it's bugged.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try area shifting and see what happens.

I agree with this.

Then you're also wrong.

Hope this helps.

Unless somebody heals you and resets your timer. :D You stay on fleet, be warned, you will be healed! Ha ha ha!

I see someone on the fleet with green smoke, darn straight I will heal them, make their 10 minute timer restart. Maybe if enough healers do this, they will stay off the fleet.

Unless somebody heals you and resets your timer. :D You stay on fleet, be warned, you will be healed! Ha ha ha!

I see someone on the fleet with green smoke, darn straight I will heal them, make their 10 minute timer restart. Maybe if enough healers do this, they will stay off the fleet.

Sounds like I need to give that a try.

As it has been said...it is exactly 20 minutes from infection to explosion.

Zoning will reset or bug out your timer.

If you are stuck in one phase for more than 10 minutes, then you need to take a vaccine...click the buff off and reinfect.

I have found it's more buggy on the fleet.

I have stayed on Tattooine and it's been fine.

Have fun farming!

Edit: I have been healed by Mako while fighting and infected, and it's never reset my timer. I have healed and even used cure on myself while infected and my timer was never reset either. I'm not terribly convinced that healing does anything to the infection.

Edited by Miyaka

Considering the intent of one of the missions is to infect other people, your stopping them from completing said quest, especially repeatedly, can be deemed as griefing. Maybe just give the people wide berth if you don't want to be infected by accident. My server everyone has been gathering in one or two spots where those who wish to can be infected or avoid being infected.

Edited by Hyfy

Considering the intent of one of the missions is to infect other people, your stopping them from completing said quest, especially repeatedly, can be deemed as griefing. Maybe just give them people wide berth if you don't want to be infected by accident. My server everyone has been gathering in one or two spots where those who wish to can be infected or avoid being infected.

It is a Tatooine quest. They are traveling to starting planets, where my alt was infected and couldn't afford a vaccine, so he just hung out in a corner until he blew up, so he wouldn't infect others. That is griefing. They are traveling to the fleet, where they are infecting many people who do not wish to participate in the event. That is griefing. It does not matter if it is by design.

Traveling off world should remove the plague from you.

Keep the plague on Tatooine. If I choose to participate, I will. Since people will not follow common decency and keep the plague on Tat, then I will continue to heal spam heals on the fleet.

And to the person who says companion heals didn't work. That is correct. However, I throw down salvation, and it resets that timer.

It is a Tatooine quest. They are traveling to starting planets, where my alt was infected and couldn't afford a vaccine, so he just hung out in a corner until he blew up, so he wouldn't infect others. That is griefing. They are traveling to the fleet, where they are infecting many people who do not wish to participate in the event. That is griefing. It does not matter if it is by design.

Keep the plague on Tatooine. If I choose to participate, I will. Since people will not follow common decency and keep the plague on Tat, then I will continue to heal spam heals on the fleet.

And to the person who says companion heals didn't work. That is correct. However, I throw down salvation, and it resets that timer.

If your "alt" can not afford a 2k vaccine... why not just infect everyone and blow up. A single DNA sample sells for 15k on my server. If anything you are being selfish in not wanting to share the experience of the infection and the profits one can obtain when they blow up.

Designer and developer common sense when creating this event should have quarantined everyone that went to Tatooine and got infected, should be made to stay there till they were vaccinated.

Alas, apparently at this time in SW the governments didn't have the ability to setup plant blockades.

Hope this helps.

bs Ive been infected for 50 minutes now.