Has anybody found a *significant* use for armormech yet?

Ojas

All those updates in 1.2 to armormech and I have come to find the following.

The new war hero (orange) schematics have no set bonus. Essentially, if a player with pvp gear slots out the armormech crafted war hero gear they lose their set bonuses.

Nobody will buy the armormech crafted war hero gear (I've had a full set of all augmented combat medic gear on the GTN for 30k each piece for a week and still has not sold).

Augments are trash now so even getting an augment slot on a belt or bracer (rakata) is really negligible.

I've found they have made armormech worse with this update.

Kind of agree. The nerf to augment strength really boned the bonus that augment slots would've been.

It's also pretty lame that you have to raid the new operation to be able to acquire the removable set bonuses. Are the people who don't raid not supposed to use augmented gear?

All those updates in 1.2 to armormech and I have come to find the following.

The new war hero (orange) schematics have no set bonus. Essentially, if a player with pvp gear slots out the armormech crafted war hero gear they lose their set bonuses.

Nobody will buy the armormech crafted war hero gear (I've had a full set of all augmented combat medic gear on the GTN for 30k each piece for a week and still has not sold).

Augments are trash now so even getting an augment slot on a belt or bracer (rakata) is really negligible.

I've found they have made armormech worse with this update.

Once people earn their War Hero gear from the vendors, they will look to get orange augmented gear because they can move the mods from the stock War Hero armor to the crited orange and the set bonus will transfer with the armor mod. This orange gear will allow them to have the full set bonus War Hero gear with an augment on the pieces so Armormech (and Synthweaving for Jedi) is a very important crew skill in 1.2. The same concept works with Campaign gear for PvE.

Once people earn their War Hero gear from the vendors, they will look to get orange augmented gear because they can move the mods from the stock War Hero armor to the crited orange and the set bonus will transfer with the armor mod. This orange gear will allow them to have the full set bonus War Hero gear with an augment on the pieces so Armormech (and Synthweaving for Jedi) is a very important crew skill in 1.2. The same concept works with Campaign gear for PvE.

100% correct.

Wait, what??

Ive been selling crit War Hero gear for 250-300k a pop. The set bonuses are on the armorings now. People get their War Hero gear, pull the armoring/mod/enhancement and add the augment of their choice.

They sell quite well on my server.

Im making a killing on this stuff...

Edited by Phaedrynn

The issue is that since you can only transfer set bonuses from new gear, it's going to be quite a while before there's any real demand for critted gear (unless people want to give up set bonuses for +18 main stat). Considering the low amount of mats needed to craft the gear, there will be no shortage of it once people start getting their WH gear.

Well seeing as I just crit crafted a helm for myself and put an absorb augment in it (VG tank) and I still retain my 4p bonus (helm is the last thing I'll likely get anyway), I'm already seeing the benefit. Purple augs are pricing between 70-100k right now in the early lifespan of the crafted augment era, and crit-crafted pieces are going anywhere from 200-300k depending on level and type (pvp/pve).

You couldn't seriously expect them to keep augments at +28 in whatever stat you wanted. It would be ridiculously easy to stack certain stats if that were the case. I know from a pure PVE tank standpoint my mitigation would skyrocket if I had 4-7 slots available for +28 augs, making progression raiding much easier (and therefore less of a time sink, and we all know that time sinks are the core of MMOs). I think you need to take another look at the udpates and re-evaluate.

Well seeing as I just crit crafted a helm for myself and put an absorb augment in it (VG tank) and I still retain my 4p bonus (helm is the last thing I'll likely get anyway), I'm already seeing the benefit. Purple augs are pricing between 70-100k right now in the early lifespan of the crafted augment era, and crit-crafted pieces are going anywhere from 200-300k depending on level and type (pvp/pve).

You couldn't seriously expect them to keep augments at +28 in whatever stat you wanted. It would be ridiculously easy to stack certain stats if that were the case. I know from a pure PVE tank standpoint my mitigation would skyrocket if I had 4-7 slots available for +28 augs, making progression raiding much easier (and therefore less of a time sink, and we all know that time sinks are the core of MMOs). I think you need to take another look at the udpates and re-evaluate.

Yeah I did hte same thing. I have my 4 piece set and an augmented chest piece but cost me 90k to pull the mods out and on my server augmented gear just will not sell. I don't get it.

Artifact lvl 49 Shield augments have been selling fairly well, (already sold like 3 @ 30k each)

Haven't found schematic yet for absorb, which I expect would sell even better. (absorb tends to be harder to find already on stuff than shield, IIRC)

edit: My synthweaver has a MUCH fuller set of orange schematics than my armormech, and synth "regular" armor doesn't sell as well. Since synthweaver armor and armormech armor orange gears are basically interchangeable, and my synthweaver has better opportunity to craft the stuff, I've been selling lvl 11-27ish (whatever I have mats on hand for) augmented orange gear for ~20k a pop. I'd assume armormech oranges would sell similarly well.

Edited by GnatB

Artifact lvl 49 Shield augments have been selling fairly well, (already sold like 3 @ 30k each)

Haven't found schematic yet for absorb, which I expect would sell even better. (absorb tends to be harder to find already on stuff than shield, IIRC)

edit: My synthweaver has a MUCH fuller set of orange schematics than my armormech, and synth "regular" armor doesn't sell as well. Since synthweaver armor and armormech armor orange gears are basically interchangeable, and my synthweaver has better opportunity to craft the stuff, I've been selling lvl 11-27ish (whatever I have mats on hand for) augmented orange gear for ~20k a pop. I'd assume armormech oranges would sell similarly well.

The fact that people are actually buying shield augs is amazing, considering they're the worst tank stat to stack for any tank.

And selling a bunch of low level stuff at 20k a pop might work on a fairly populated server, but those of us running around on 20-30 man fleets don't have that luxury.

The fact that people are actually buying shield augs is amazing, considering they're the worst tank stat to stack for any tank.

And selling a bunch of low level stuff at 20k a pop might work on a fairly populated server, but those of us running around on 20-30 man fleets don't have that luxury.

Whether or not you feel it is the worst stat, if you have hit diminishing returns on defense and absorb (if those are higher priority) you are smarter to add a shield augment as it would have a greater affect on your overall mitigation rather than stacking some stat that is already heavily into diminishing returns.

I have found Armormech is supremely awesome and profitable in the following ways:

• Crafting purple gear for my companions.
  • Crafting purple gear for my alts.
  • Crafting purple gear for my alts' companions.
  • Crafting purple gear for my guilds' companions and alts.
  • Crafting purple gear for sale on the GTN for everybody's companions and alts.

If you take the time to learn purple schematics, you can make a killing on the GTN and you can also make leveling up alts insanely simple by purple crafting level appropriate weapons, which will be way better than anything they get from quest rewards or purchase through comms.

For instance, I am leveling a Sniper alt. With my main which has Armormech, I am taking the time to purple craft all her armor and her companion's armor. She herself has Armstech and she is purple crafting her own weapons and her companion's weapons. Leveling her is extraordinarily easy with that level gear.

Once I'm done with her, I will be able to craft purple Sniper gear for public sale on the GTN. I've done a few items so far (failed attempts and crit crafting some purples) and they sell very well.

In summary, IMO, the viability for crafting professions is not in your main. It lies in companions and alt characters, which many people are playing in 1.2 now with the Legacy system in place.

Edited by PugX

You cannot.

And to expound on this-- You can't RE basically anything. There are like.. 2-3 sets for each armor type you can make and that's just about it. In a month or two everyone will be wearing "polyplast ultramesh <x> (augmented)" and its ilk.

Customization? I think not.