Someone can teach me how to kite in pvp?

Maisen

So, it's my fault, i can't kite melee with my pyro merc, every melee seems to have a charge or medium range attack or some kind of CC that keeps me rooted or sneared even if I hit them with sweltering heat and move by side (not backpedaling), nothing, they hit me so hard that kiting seems impossibile, so how can I keep distance as ranged if I don't have ANYTHING to do that?

Please help, thank you!

Practice running away from the target, jump in the air, while jumping spin 180 degrees (or enough to have enemy in field of view), fire rapid shots, turn back again before you hit the ground. If cgc procs that will put a 2 second slow on them. Repeat. Also tie in your other instants like rail shot, thermal detonator and incendiary missile to keep your dots up. It takes a bit of practice. Remember to use your knockbacks to push them off ledges so they have to run back round to you. Also use your stuns when they get too close.

Go to Black Talon starter area with a guild mate to practice this, as pvp can be too random.

Degauss is excellent for this purpose (and therefore energy rebounder) as most melee class will stick a root or snare or on you making kiting impossible.

Edited by Diddley

So, it's my fault, i can't kite melee with my pyro merc, every melee seems to have a charge or medium range attack or some kind of CC that keeps me rooted or sneared even if I hit them with sweltering heat and move by side (not backpedaling), nothing, they hit me so hard that kiting seems impossibile, so how can I keep distance as ranged if I don't have ANYTHING to do that?

Please help, thank you!

Don't feel bad. Its a mechanic that doesn't exist in this game. This wasn't designed as a PVP game.

Change your A and D from turn left and turn right to strafe left and strafe right. Never use the back key to get away from people, instead strafe away. If you want to break yourself of the habit change your S key to not do anything. If you are strafing to the side and turn your view slightly towards the target you will not have facing issues.

I use my mouse wheel up and down for rail and thermal detonator and my mouses two side buttons for rapid shots and incendiary missile so I don't have to move my hands off the movement keys but that is up to you.

Fire incendiary while strafing. Use rail and thermal to put them on cd. Rapid shot like a crack head. As you get to range and they are slowed/far enough away you can unload or powershot if you want. Your main damage while kiting will come from your dots however.

A good way to to get used to it is to find elite or stong melee mobs (animals work great) and practice. Try to take no hits.

This is for Pyro of course. Arsenal isn't really a kite spec in my opinion. You could still rail, grenade, rapid shot but without the snare and dots I'm not so sure how it would go.

Of course in PvP it won't be that easy. You will be slowed/stunned/mezzed/etc. and people will get close. Jet boost them back and get to kiting again.

Hope that helps. Good luck.