This game badly needs mods and macros.

Zingas

I don't think the game NEEDS addons or macro support, but it would greatly benefit from it.

For me it's just a huge quality of life thing and i like being able to customize things to how i want it.

Agree- just let us Edit the layout, maybe resize everything and/or at least our action bars (and add a couple more rows). I can definitely work with that. As it is... I'm barely into the teens and I'm already running out of space. I need better flexibility, please.

Please tell me this doesn't devolve into a 2 button game! Complexity of combat is what I thrive on, yet your system seems to thrive on my aggravation!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather not see Addons, at least not the unrestricted way they seemed to be in WoW. I'm well aware of how much they have enriched WoW's UI and, yes, I'm also equally aware that several addons were curbed and deliberately broken.. but whatever learning tools that they were, they tended to encourage facerolling and no doubt contributed to some of the stigma that the WoW player, myself included, so richly deserved.

Macros, I'm hedged upon as while I made wonderful macros in WoW that made a single character on my keyboard, affected by modifier and context, that made pet control so easy, making macros that autofire multiple abilities with every press also dumbs down the gameplay. People bemoan having two-button gameplay but then the same people hop onto forums and websites to create macros to recreate two-button gameplay.

As for the UI, I would settle for being able to enter an advanced mode and be able to re-arrange every UI element as well as a grid-like mode that would allow me to place any ability anywhere on screen, scaled from 50% of its current size to 200%. Then allow me to give it any kind of keybinding, the ability to save that UI and push it out to every character I own along with the keybindings.