This game badly needs mods and macros.

Zingas

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not auto -use. It is auto use when it is macroed on to every skill. When you receive that skill in Rift - it has it's own Icon, and it is meant to be put in its own space on a hot bar, and meant to be activated when conditions are met and it is available by a SEPARATE signle key stroke.

I think you're having a problem comprehending what I'm saying. Whatever they meant to do, they created a system where it's more beneficial to auto-use it.

That's their fault. They designed how it works and, if it works better that way, that is their fault.

They should have designed it differently instead.

Of course, it being Rift, they chose to do nothing, because that seems to be what they want in the game.

It may not be what you want. It wasn't what I wanted. But it is what others want, or so I'm told.

UI's that display combat conditions in a different manner with flashing lights, or loud noises change the way we perceive combat conditions, and thus - should not be allowed. Everyone should see combat conditions the same.

They won't, because you know what? Not everybody is equal. Having something displayed in one place may work fine for you, but be utterly impossible for me.

That's not equal.

Let me have a UI that works for me, and you can have one that works for you. If you aren't willing to put in the effort to make your UI work for you, why should you punish somebody else when you aren't even accomplishing your stated goal?

I think you're having a problem comprehending what I'm saying. Whatever they meant to do, they created a system where it's more beneficial to auto-use it.

That's their fault. They designed how it works and, if it works better that way, that is their fault.

They should have designed it differently instead.

Of course, it being Rift, they chose to do nothing, because that seems to be what they want in the game.

It may not be what you want. It wasn't what I wanted. But it is what others want, or so I'm told.

They won't, because you know what? Not everybody is equal. Having something displayed in one place may work fine for you, but be utterly impossible for me.

That's not equal.

Let me have a UI that works for me, and you can have one that works for you. If you aren't willing to put in the effort to make your UI work for you, why should you punish somebody else when you aren't even accomplishing your stated goal?

The design flaw is not the skill. The design flaw is allowing combat macros in the first place if you ask me. It is the reason I quit that game. I will not play a game that allows combat based macros, or add-on UI's that display combat information differently from one person to the next.

Which, btw, is why I am arguing against combat based macros, and combat altering UI's.

I am all for BioWare internal upgrades to their combat based UI. As long as it is theirs, and everyone is using the same one. That way - when skills and classes are rebalanced - devs have a true idea of how am average character sees combat conditions.

Edited by Chewpaco

UI's that display combat conditions in a different manner with flashing lights, or loud noises change the way we perceive combat conditions, and thus - should not be allowed. Everyone should see combat conditions the same.

But we don't because this game scales with the resolution making us with multiple screens suffer and may not enjoy the game as much as people with only one screen.

This is why mods is needed so we can fix this.

I will not play a game that allows add-on UI's that display combat information differently from one person to the next.

You might as well quit now then, because third party addons are already confirmed and on the way. I for one will be glad to see you go along with your selfish negativity.

You might as well quit now then, because third party addons are already confirmed and on the way. I for one will be glad to see you go along with your selfish negativity.

Fortunately - I have a good job that pays me a lot of money. And when the time comes that combat based macro's take over the game, and combat based UI's change the game, I will purchase another one.

Nothing will stop me from enjoying this one for now while everyone is still on an equal playing field.

Fortunately - I have a good job that pays me a lot of money. And when the time comes that combat based macro's take over the game, and combat based UI's change the game, I will purchase another one.

Nothing will stop me from enjoying this one for now while everyone is still on an equal playing field.

It's funny how you think you know if a ui mod takes over a game, or have any clue whatsoever how many people use one. And it's pretty sad that you let the presumptuous notion that you do end your enjoyment of a good game.

The design flaw is not the skill. The design flaw is allowing combat macros in the first place if you ask me.

That's because you aren't realizing that the reason the combat macro works in that way is because of the design of the skill itself allowing it, if not outright encouraging it.

Since it's trivial, and I do mean trivial, to implement the same functionality you describe independent of the game, there is no point in fixating on the macro system, you won't get rid of the problem that way.

You'd have to do something like get rid of keybinds, and no, no, I'm not going to support that idea.

It is the reason I quit that game. I will not play a game that allows combat based macros, or add-on UI's that display combat information differently from one person to the next.

Well, I prefer to let people display the information they want as they want, so we may not be compatible there. And like I said above, my problem is with the game design, not with the macros. If the game weren't designed in such a way that said decision was a valid one, then...it wouldn't be made.

I am all for BioWare internal upgrades to their combat based UI. As long as it is theirs, and everyone is using the same one. That way - when skills and classes are rebalanced - devs have a true idea of how am average character sees combat conditions.

Character? I think you mean player. But I think if you truly looked into the situation, you'd see how inconsistent it was, and why it's better to let people choose to make things suitable for them, not try the one size fits all approach.

The same does not serve equally for all.

My wife was complaining about the UI for over 6 months in beta. The UI is garbage, nobody in my family will touch this game. My son already spent the prepaid credit card that preordered this game on some other game, Origin will have fun collecting.

if you actually received the download then didn't pay that's fraud or theaft of service and they wont have much trouble collecting they will sue and get their money

The design flaw is not the skill. The design flaw is allowing combat macros in the first place if you ask me. It is the reason I quit that game. I will not play a game that allows combat based macros, or add-on UI's that display combat information differently from one person to the next.

Which, btw, is why I am arguing against combat based macros, and combat altering UI's.

Why is it fine if Bioware makes them and puts them in as options in the Interface tab? It doesn't prevent people from having different setups at all. How about the fact that Bioware doesn't control player's internet connection, CPU/GPU, Memory or has any control over a player's hand/eye coordination or skill? You're argument is flawed.

Anyone was free in WOW to use or not use any addon that was valid. Just like they are free to upgrade their CPU or GPU, get a faster net connection etc.

That's because you aren't realizing that the reason the combat macro works in that way is because of the design of the skill itself allowing it, if not outright encouraging it.

Since it's trivial, and I do mean trivial, to implement the same functionality you describe independent of the game, there is no point in fixating on the macro system, you won't get rid of the problem that way.

You'd have to do something like get rid of keybinds, and no, no, I'm not going to support that idea.

Well, I prefer to let people display the information they want as they want, so we may not be compatible there. And like I said above, my problem is with the game design, not with the macros. If the game weren't designed in such a way that said decision was a valid one, then...it wouldn't be made.

Character? I think you mean player. But I think if you truly looked into the situation, you'd see how inconsistent it was, and why it's better to let people choose to make things suitable for them, not try the one size fits all approach.

The same does not serve equally for all.

You don't have to get rid of keybinds. Are you kidding me? 1 combat skill per 1 keybind - that is all I am saying. Performing 2 - 3 combat skills with the push of 1 button is AUTOMATION. I will not play a game that supports tools to allow others to play the game for them, while I try to compete and play every action myself.

Why is it fine if Bioware makes them and puts them in as options in the Interface tab? It doesn't prevent people from having different setups at all. How about the fact that Bioware doesn't control player's internet connection, CPU/GPU, Memory or has any control over a player's hand/eye coordination or skill? You're argument is flawed.

Anyone was free in WOW to use or not use any addon that was valid. Just like they are free to upgrade their CPU or GPU, get a faster net connection etc.

It is fine if BioWare does it, because it is limited. It is fine if Bioware does it, because if they have 3 or 4 different options for people to choose - they balance skills and encounters based on THEIR OWN UI.

Devs do not develop encounters and skills based on the assumption people are using a specific 3rd party add-on that make combat conditions clearer.

With the limited options of their own UI - they can accuratley scale difficulty of encounters, and accuratley scale skills.

You don't have to get rid of keybinds.

You do if you want to stop what I'm talking about while keeping game systems which are all too easily exploited.

Are you kidding me? 1 combat skill per 1 keybind - that is all I am saying. Performing 2 - 3 combat skills with the push of 1 button is AUTOMATION. I will not play a game that supports tools to allow others to play the game for them, while I try to compete and play every action myself.

Yeah, what you're not getting is that...the systems do not depend on the game supporting it explicitly, but rather the design of the game allowing it.

As I said, it's trivial to set up multiple keystrokes through means independent of a game. I can do it in hardware or software, and how much effort do you want the developers to spend checking for that sort of thing?

Me? Not so much, not when they can design the game systems to not encourage such actions. It's the smarter way to deal with the problem.

This is the problem and I wont raid with people who everything is a competition. A RAID is supposed to be a cooperation not a competition.

No, it's a competition, with the mechanics and challenges made by the developers.

Who want you to complete it, true, but they want it to be a given level of difficulty.

This doesn't mean it's an internal competition in your group, but it is still competitive in other ways.

Edited by Colobulous

Actually yeah, i'd like them to add this feature, perhaps they could also add it so that when I press the "J" key I gain a level immediately, and perhaps the "K" key will allow me to instant kill a boss. I'd really prefer if all skill was removed from the game that way i could grow my e-peen even faster!

You do if you want to stop what I'm talking about while keeping game systems which are all too easily exploited.

Yeah, what you're not getting is that...the systems do not depend on the game supporting it explicitly, but rather the design of the game allowing it.

As I said, it's trivial to set up multiple keystrokes through means independent of a game. I can do it in hardware or software, and how much effort do you want the developers to spend checking for that sort of thing?

Me? Not so much, not when they can design the game systems to not encourage such actions. It's the smarter way to deal with the problem.

It's not too hard to find. 5 years ago - Blizzard did a massive account sweep that banned thousands of accounts that were using the keylogging program known as a "Glider"