Cybertech Confusion

Dimvou

I was under the impression that(after 1.2) a Cybertech Crafter would be able to RE mods & armor mods from daily/FP/operation rewards and learn new schematics of the same type.

Currently there is no tooltip for the daily reward mods while RE them.

Is there a chance to learn new schematics from doing so?

Is there a way of learning how to make new schematics(higher item lvl,mods with def,etc) or are we stuck with the same stuff we got pre-patch?

I REd one of my rank 23 raid epic mods that i spent 33k credits to pull out and got 1 durasteel in return. The tooltip doesnt show that there is a research chance so I would guess that there is nonresearch for us. Sadly cybertech seems to be on the low now.

I just really hope that the hard mode for the new raid will drop some schematic coz otherwise all we can do is sell mods for alts and sell mats :/

Biggest problem I have is that a lot of the other crew skills seemed to get something new, it seems that all we have really gotten is the ability to make BoE speeders...not what I would call much of a change for cybertech. It is disappointing that while others are making the new augments and craftable orange augmented items I have the same schematics I started with.

Biggest problem I have is that a lot of the other crew skills seemed to get something new, it seems that all we have really gotten is the ability to make BoE speeders...not what I would call much of a change for cybertech. It is disappointing that while others are making the new augments and craftable orange augmented items I have the same schematics I started with.

QFT! x1000

If you ask me, the Augments should have been given to Cybertech & Artifice since we are the ones who craft the components for armor. But hey, we like sitting around with nothing to do with Cybertech, great work BW

QFT! x1000

If you ask me, the Augments should have been given to Cybertech & Artifice since we are the ones who craft the components for armor. But hey, we like sitting around with nothing to do with Cybertech, great work BW

Artifice got the missing willpower shields and loads of new crystal schematics. It's fine now.

I agree that Cybertech could use some work still though.

I've only RE'd a few 58 rating mods and armorings that drop from hard mode bosses, each with no % chance stated to RE them so I assume it's not possible. The patch notes say that set armorings can not be RE'd for schematics so don't waste your time on that. The notes also explicitly says all earpieces can be RE'd but I don't get a percentage when I hover the icon on my Rakata earpiece, so I'm not even going to risk losing 120 dailies. I don't see anything of value for Cybertech for 1.2, which is really infuriating. It would be nice to see Vehicle or Rakata earpiece schematic drops on operations bosses. Or here's a neat idea... create 1 a time use schematic of any item that results in an augmented version of that item by using x unaugmented items in the materials.

cybertech 49 purple earpiece /w augment slot is better than the daily rakata.

just an fyi.

also, you'll be lucky if the chance to RE a rakata is 10%. so if you wanna blow 1,000 daily comms trying to get a rakata earpiece....have fun with that.

btw, no one is going to pay you 1,000,000 credits or whatever for a rakata earpiece when they can just get it themselves for free.

Edited by Holinyx

cybertech 49 purple earpiece /w augment slot is better than the daily rakata.

just an fyi.

also, you'll be lucky if the chance to RE a rakata is 10%. so if you wanna blow 1,000 daily comms trying to get a rakata earpiece....have fun with that.

btw, no one is going to pay you 1,000,000 credits or whatever for a rakata earpiece when they can just get it themselves for free.

I have sold MANY Rakata Implants for 750k. Some people have plenty of cash and hate doing dailys, so they will pay a premium for the convenience. Obviously, not everyone will buy at that price, but I sell enough of them to keep me happy.

And, since you can not buy a Rakata earpiece and sell it (they are BoP), if a cybertech could learn one and make them without too much difficulty then there will definately be a market for them on the GTN.

I was under the impression that(after 1.2) a Cybertech Crafter would be able to RE mods & armor mods from daily/FP/operation rewards and learn new schematics of the same type.

Currently there is no tooltip for the daily reward mods while RE them.

Is there a chance to learn new schematics from doing so?

Is there a way of learning how to make new schematics(higher item lvl,mods with def,etc) or are we stuck with the same stuff we got pre-patch?

BW promised us a lot of **** with this patch.

And that's exactly what they gave us....

I've only RE'd a few 58 rating mods and armorings that drop from hard mode bosses, each with no % chance stated to RE them so I assume it's not possible. The patch notes say that set armorings can not be RE'd for schematics so don't waste your time on that. The notes also explicitly says all earpieces can be RE'd but I don't get a percentage when I hover the icon on my Rakata earpiece, so I'm not even going to risk losing 120 dailies. I don't see anything of value for Cybertech for 1.2, which is really infuriating. It would be nice to see Vehicle or Rakata earpiece schematic drops on operations bosses. Or here's a neat idea... create 1 a time use schematic of any item that results in an augmented version of that item by using x unaugmented items in the materials.

I'm fairly certain no message on an item = impossible to craft. Zoeller even said as much in the dev tracker. "Unless an item clearly states 'Research Available', there is no chance for learning anything from it through reverse engineering." So the patch notes you're referring to are flat out incorrect, or they just meant that you 'reverse engineer' them for materials, which isn't really reverse engineering, it's just breaking down the item. I'd say hold onto your rakata earpiece.

I'm tried to bring this up..

The fact that Tionese/Columi/Rakata armorings don't have the set bonuses attached and don't provide ANY tooltip regarding to whether or not you can learn a schematic.

Somewhere along the line someone said that the developers said they can't be RE'd..

I expected that to be the case so when I asked that I also inquired about the daily armorings..

The only replies anyone has bothered to give me are about the Tionese/Columi/Rakata armorings not being RE'able..

I'll just put my thoughts onto this post in regards to Cybertech post-1.2 (I don't care what was 'said'):

1. Tooltip that announces whether or not a schematic can be learned is broken for us. Thanks Bioware.
    • Armorings/Mods that can't be researched don't say they can't be researched.

[*]Cybertech is still convenient which means it is still not beneficial.

• Swapping mods isn't cheaper for CTs.
  • Swapping mods is still cheaper than buying mods from CTs (Considering crafts<drops).

[*]For whatever reason(I hope it's a good one), Cybertech can't simply research set bonus armorings for equivalent armorings without set bonuses.. This voids the 'Crew Skills shouldn't be able to craft Set Bonuses' argument.

Those are the main things.

If some or all of those were given a double take/redone..

IMO it's unlikely to happen..

):-

I'm fairly certain no message on an item = impossible to craft. Zoeller even said as much in the dev tracker. "Unless an item clearly states 'Research Available', there is no chance for learning anything from it through reverse engineering." So the patch notes you're referring to are flat out incorrect, or they just meant that you 'reverse engineer' them for materials, which isn't really reverse engineering, it's just breaking down the item. I'd say hold onto your rakata earpiece.

I read somewhere that Zoeller doesn't like being quoted for definitives because they're not always definitive.

*shrug*

However that's a double-edged sword..

You're telling us that unless an item says "RESEARCH AVAILABLE" you can't learn a schematic.

What about the items that say "NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE"

Why is that tooltip there?

So either:

"NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE" is lying.

or:

Many item tooltips (especially for CT) are bugged and provide no insight into whether or not an item will yield a schematic..

I read somewhere that Zoeller doesn't like being quoted for definitives because they're not always definitive.

*shrug*

However that's a double-edged sword..

You're telling us that unless an item says "RESEARCH AVAILABLE" you can't learn a schematic.

What about the items that say "NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE"

Why is that tooltip there?

So either:

"NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE" is lying.

or:

Many item tooltips (especially for CT) are bugged and provide no insight into whether or not an item will yield a schematic..

There is no lying here. You just don't know how to read it.

RESEARCH AVAILABLE = You could get a schematic from reverse engineering this.

NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE = You have reached the best schematic you can down this path for this base item.

No message = You can never get a schematic from reverse engineering this.

There is no lying here. You just don't know how to read it.

RESEARCH AVAILABLE = You could get a schematic from reverse engineering this.

NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE = You have reached the best schematic you can down this path for this base item.

No message = You can never get a schematic from reverse engineering this.

That can't be correct either..

Why then, do certain oranges that you can't craft say "NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE"?

Edit: To clarify, I mean oranges that can be crafted but you haven't researched them yet.

This is separate from oranges that have been crafted by other players.

Both however have this message.

Assuming it IS correct, this means that CT received next to NO re-searchable schematics in the armoring/mods department..

Isn't that just dandy?

So either the message is bugged and CT doesn't know what can/can't be researched..

Or it's working as intended and CT can't re-search much of anything new..

Either way CT gets screwed.

Edited by Zamm

I agree with the original poster, it may have been very bad wording on the dev blog but I definately picked up an expectation that any mod & armouring could be REd to learn the schematic (and any earpiece gained by missions).

Just like I expected amourmechs and synweavers to RE any green/blue into an orange craftable to create diversity of appearance - maybe just me that one :rolleyes:

We're certainly unbuffed following 1.2, artificers & armstechs can now make augmented weapons which are in demand, armourmechs and synthweavers can make augmented armour which is in demand.

I agree that augments should have been almost all cyber, it fits with our other upgrading crafting and is the kind of quirky thing that doesn't belong elsewhere that we have.

The way things are going, my slicing/amourmech alt will be paying for all those legacy upgrades, I just need to feed him some UWT metals every so often.

On high cyber high level gear, from raids I have dropped schematics for a tionese ear which is BOP - why?? :mad: and a columi ear. The columi ear should be BIS if crit crafted but it also needs 10 mando irons - I can cover an entire ship in armour with less!! and it need alien cube which also only drops from hard mode ops.

That can't be correct either..

Why then, do certain oranges that you can't craft say "NO RESEARCH AVAILABLE"?

Edit: To clarify, I mean oranges that can be crafted but you haven't researched them yet.

This is separate from oranges that have been crafted by other players.

Both however have this message.

Assuming it IS correct, this means that CT received next to NO re-searchable schematics in the armoring/mods department..

Isn't that just dandy?

So either the message is bugged and CT doesn't know what can/can't be researched..

Or it's working as intended and CT can't re-search much of anything new..

Either way CT gets screwed.

You're confusing yourself.... Orange = custom, mostly learned through schematics.... Orange is custom, what's more to "Research" about it? It's a shell item already = fully customizable... There are research available for others because of the Pretext. E.g. Fervor of X, Critical of X.... the only misleading point is about mods/ armoring, where most cybertech assumed that you can gain the schematics of lvl 24/25/26 (columi/ rakata/ blackhole/ campagin) through R.E. which you can't; they (those schematics) are dropped through raids.

Edited by pangwl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.