what are your feelings on 1.2

MosesFett

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new Dailies on Corellia...seems like a lot more thought went into them...especially enjoyed Eyes and Ears. The zone itself is pretty fun.

I like the legacy system. The Presence boost my characters are getting is awesome. I also like the Family/Legacy tree.

I've already got some cool new drops and gear from 1.2. Willpower shields, moddable purple gear, and augmented moddable lightsabers.

Critiques:

1. I wish the Corellia dailies were voice-acted with ls/ds potential -- the sort of interaction we've come to expect.
  2. I hope in the future that BW adds Companion options to the Family Tree, and allows us to have Ally, Rival, Spouse, and Sibling listed all at once.
  3. Would like to have had better in game context for some of the changes. It felt as though BW was depending on people to visit these forums to learn about some aspects of the game. And when you arrive here to find answers, they were absent/hard to find. For example, the Inheritance boxes and the location of 'hue-to-chest' functionality.

Instead of working their a.. off for changes that would have actually saved the game like cross-server dungeon finder, cross-server battleground finder, character transfers and server merges, bugfixes for endgame, re-working of Ilum, they release this cosmetical garbage that is on top of that infested with bugs like anthill.

I've cancelled and am waiting for TSW.

That said, if the PVP mess gets fixed I may come back. I just know right now I'm having zero fun.

the secret world?

i guess age of conan wasnt enough for funcom to relize how badly they fail at mmorpgs

not to mention they cant even do a decent free mmo.which is even more sad

how do you feel about 1.2?

I was thinking that it would be good as I played on the PTR and the warzones there had good fps, whereas on live I was getting poor fps in warzones pre 1.2, so I was looking forward to it, but to my surprise the fps in warzones in 1.2 are now even worse than they were for me pre 1.2, so god knows what they did but they are unplayable for me now.

This is gamebreaking for me and I'm really not sure how much longer I will stay here putting up with all the BS errors they keep making, on top of the million bugs that are already in the game. I'm really close to the enough is enough verdict.

Edited by System_TOR

I like the legacy system. The Presence boost my characters are getting is awesome. I also like the Family/Legacy tree.

Just a quick word on the "Presence boost" but I noticed that every single one of my companions is now at much lower hitpoints than they were prior to 1.2, easily 1000-1500 hitpoints less...

So to me, even with a so-called presence boost of 10pts for each of my 5 completed companions to have them all on lower hitpoints tells me they adjusted the companions down, in essence taking away with 1 hand to give you less back with the other.

Anyone else with the same observation?

Well, "unifying colors" of your gear according to your chestpiece is nice, but underwhelming.

Not quite fond of the class changes (I have many alts, so 1.2 affected everything), but I have no alts at 50 so I may not have been hit as hard yet.

Since I'm not at 50 at all, Legacy means squat to me.

The Legacy inherited items are mostly useless for me. All my alts are at the very least Lv19, and they've already outpaced the useful levels the inherited items are meant for. Underwhelming.

But the biggest thing for me is how PvP has been affected. Just... just... look in the PvP forums. It's terrible now. And I did like PvPing, experimenting with all my alts and their respective classes.

So in all, if 1.2 disappeared and we magically were Pre-1.2 again, I would not be sad at all.

the secret world?

i guess age of conan wasnt enough for funcom to relize how badly they fail at mmorpgs

not to mention they cant even do a decent free mmo.which is even more sad

I played AoC from Launch until their Blood and Glory Server Ruleset. Swore I would never play another FC game. Played TSW beta for the heck of it. Was shocked to learn that I really enjoyed it.

Your Mileage May Vary.

/threadjack over.

I have all but moved on , my desire to log in for raids is not really there it is more of an obligation then something I do for my enjoyment and when they find someone else to take my place well... I wont log in at all anymore. Even after being awarded a free 30 extra days my account is being cancelled there is simply nothing about this game that is fun or challenging to me. Everything they added to the game did nothing for me and perhaps the biggest waste was legacy as I view it as only a means for bioware to remove credits (which were useless.) from the game. I could make a whole list of ways this game is lacking and could be improved, but people will simply tell me politely to F-off and my post would be removed. Ergo I am done account unsubscribed, I wish everyone the best and no this isn't an I'm quitting look at me post if I had that intention I would have made my own "I'm quitting QQ look at me thread" This is me very simply wishing everyone who will continue to play the very best and I hope they continue to enjoy the game.

A bit indifferent tbh, I play a combat medic as main, in pvp it's a real nightmare, too many nerfs to the class followed by the changes in expertise (pvp nerf to healing and buff to damage) has really put me in a quandary of whether to continue or not.... although I'm a glutton for punishment so probably will, esp seeing as the ranked wz's aren't out yet.

Getting my first look at the new op tomorrow so not sure pve side.

It's good to have a new op, fp and wz (I quite like the new wz).

Legacy, well its a bit meh tbh

Disappointed with the lack of guild management improvements.

Good that theres new dailies... this'll wear off in a few weeks.

I like the look of the new pvp gear for commando, good to see that match to chest is back.

All in all I think this is how it should have been released from the start, minus the new op and FP.

But yeah indifferent really sums it up, I'm glad it's here but really there should have been more for the hype that came with it.

how do you feel about 1.2?

I'm happy with it. There are too many Drama Queens around here. Yes there were nerfs but that was only to bring classes into line. My main is a sage so I was effected too.

I'm enjoying PVP much more now that you actually get medles for playing the game rather than just killing people. I can actually get some medles as a healer now.

But I have to say that my fav part is the use of speeders in the spaceports! And also being able to remove the armor mods from purple items.

So yes I like it.

Just a quick word on the "Presence boost" but I noticed that every single one of my companions is now at much lower hitpoints than they were prior to 1.2, easily 1000-1500 hitpoints less...

So to me, even with a so-called presence boost of 10pts for each of my 5 completed companions to have them all on lower hitpoints tells me they adjusted the companions down, in essence taking away with 1 hand to give you less back with the other.

Anyone else with the same observation?

Known bug. Endurance from companion earpiece and implants isn't adding. Re-equip them to regain the lost hp.

Edited by Cerion

pvp reward system was ****ed up. I like most of the other changes, my server was very lively the day of release and then it went back to permanent light again. so uh... revert that pvp **** to 1.1.5 (the best version so far regarding medals, rewards, etc.) and give us transfers. Edited by Lightmaguz

pvp reward system was ****ed up. I like most of the other changes, my server was very lively the day of release and then it went back to permanent light again. so uh... revert that pvp **** to 1.1.5 (the best version so far regarding medals, rewards, etc.) and give us transfers.

Its much better now, you get medals for, shock/horror, completing objectives!

/sarcasm how bad is that!

Getting into a match and spending 10 minutes to earn 0 money and 0 commendations is really fun. No matter if you have 9 medals too so it's useless.

Getting into a match and spending 10 minutes to earn 0 money and 0 commendations is really fun. No matter if you have 9 medals too so it's useless.

I never knew 3 medals was so hard to get.. and 9 medals I get even more xp.

This is another QQ thread. I can't wait till ya'lls sub cancels out.

its actually pretty bad since pvp shouldnt be about objectives it should be about you know

killing other players.hince why its called playervsplayer