The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Multiple Healers are still OP in warzones

Monoth

... you had 3 players over 100k damage, and none above 150k.

In fact, you had 4 players who contributed absolutely nothing.

That's not healers being OP- that's your team sucking horribly.... which is funny considering there were ten of you.

That's the point. It's a snowball situation. Can't kill anything while they're free to kill you.

no.

many healers on one team means there is that much fewer dps. the warzones in which players are able to hit 800k, 900k, or even break 1mil damage are the ones with a ton of healers.

multiple healers on the other team does not lead to a decrease in overall damage output for your team. it has the complete opposite effect

Whenever you get one side that has more healers then the other side its a slaughter. This has been an issue for a long time and Bioware keeps ignoring it.

here's a great example of what im talking about

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/Monoth/Screenshot_2012-04-14_13_01_13_876420.jpg

This is what happens when Healing is greater then DPS, what happen to heals are suppose to ONLY extend someones life not make them live forever. This is so unbalanced.

My solution would be to have the healing debuff increase when a player is being spammed healed, so that way healing has diminishing returns and can't keep a person up forever. When the player has not received a heal for several seconds then it can go back to normal.

As it is now, when a side has lots of healers they become invincible... i hardly call that balanced....

this is stupid! healers get thier score by healing you nerf that and they will never play. i could say the same about premade (which is stupid), I could say the same thing about dps(which is stupid). we just need to learn how to play. pvp is about game team play, start learning it.

Oh shut up. People like you are the reason why a lot of healers were rendered nearly useless with this patch. Quit complaining, learn how to interrupt, and focus targets down. Edited by xMumford

no.

many healers on one team means there is that much fewer dps. the warzones in which players are able to hit 800k, 900k, or even break 1mil damage are the ones with a ton of healers.

multiple healers on the other team does not lead to a decrease in overall damage output for your team. it has the complete opposite effect

This. If they have lots of healers you should be doing more Damage (but with less kills) than if they have no healers. The issue seems to be that they had some decent healers and some decent DPS while you had no healers and no decent DPS.

Threads all over the place about healing and tanking being detrimental to your team and someone pops up with this garbage?

You don't need a healer anymore, take 8 dps focus fire (you dont even need to interupt anymore or even seperate a guarding player from your target) burn enemy team down before they burn you down then use your ability to regen health/resources.

Thats as complex as it gets for 1.2 PvP

the biggest cause of a snowball is a lemming zerg, where the opposing team all runs in outnumbered and gets rolled.

Sometimes it's better to sacrifice some time/points to get your numbers up, but its pretty hard to get that through to a lot of people.

... you know, when healers heal, your damage is still counted.

You obviously missed the point here, let me spell it out for you. Because your team has no healers your effective hit points is simply your base health. Now for a team with 3 healers the effective hit points of anybody on that team is multiplied a great deal. So the team with healers just has to kill 8 players. The team without healers has to effectively kill many more than that (whatever the healing volume is). This leads to a situation that quickly snowballs.

It's really as simple as: you're being killed well before you can put any meaningful damage on their team. This is as much a matchmaking problem as a balance issue. Personally I think healing is toxic to any pvp environment because it makes a game less about making meaningful strategic choices and more about mashing buttons in the right order but I digress. Any team that has a healer advantage is nearly guaranteed a win.

Edited by Pantheros

Whenever you get one side that has more healers then the other side its a slaughter. This has been an issue for a long time and Bioware keeps ignoring it.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/Monoth/Screenshot_2012-04-14_13_01_13_876420.jpg

This is what happens when Healing is greater then DPS, what happen to heals are suppose to ONLY extend someones life not make them live forever. This is so unbalanced.

My solution would be to have the healing debuff increase when a player is being spammed healed, so that way healing has diminishing returns and can't keep a person up forever. When the player has not received a heal for several seconds then it can go back to normal.

As it is now, when a side has lots of healers they become invincible... i hardly call that balanced....

I may be reading it wrong...but they outhealed out, and outdpsed you. Their average dps was much better than yours, even with healers. Even if you ignore those who may have joined and just sat around and did little.

I have seen warzones with one side having 3 healers, and the other having 4-5 above 500k damage, just getting outhealed. That is arguably healers being OP. Unless those doing damage aren't focus firing, in which case they deserve to lose. Doesn't look like this happened here.

You didn't only lose because you didn't have healers. You apparently didn't have dps either. Likely a big gear disparity.

Not only did you not have any healers, your teams dps was crap as well. While it's true, a team full of healers is a PITA to deal with, it's not impossible to over come with solid dps. I was in a voidstar earlier today where half of the empire side were dedicated healers, good ones too. But we had a premade going and were able to out dps the heals and play smart (ninja caps, cc locking) and have good healers of our own and pulled off a hard won win.

random bad player without any key bound abilities complaining about healing.

yep, fairly typical anti-healer complaint.

Please. If you don't understand just how difficult it is to beat a team with 3 competent healers while you only have 1...I can tell you without a doubt you just don't have much experience playing against such teams. I do, and the OP is spot on...3 healers will win almost any war zone 95% of the time, you cannot kill healers when they have other healers healing them. You also won't live long when their dps is protecting them, it can get out of hand very quickly. I played in a match tonight with a 3 person heal time and their bounty hunter had 600k damage/65 kills.

random bad player without any key bound abilities complaining about healing.

yep, fairly typical anti-healer complaint.

I bet i can out DPS and heal you pick either and im a clicker,well for right now that is, i am ordering a keyboard that will fit my style as far as binding because after a few hours of play my index finger gets alittle stiff.

Edited by Sathid