The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guardians/Sentinels are out of hand in PvP!

sithlordcip

It's not though... it's always been accepted that in PvP sentinels have way better survival cooldowns and damage output compared to guardians. On paper, focus guardians got a huge nerf with the loss of zephyr.

Pushback and after that he leaps again, seems fair to you ? your so biased

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ranged are SUPPOSED to get ***** by melee if they are in....gasp...MELEE RANGE. Jesus.

So why do malee have a gap closer? Malee are supposed to be better in malee range yet ranged classes have no advantage from range since shooting is 30m and the gap closer is also 30m ? Wheres the range advantage ?

Edited by SajPl

Stop blindly defending your class because you play it and if you would play a merc you would see that you are eaten alive by guardians/sentinels with their OP and retarded damage and stuns.

I hope the next patch nerfs the guardians and sentinels so that they bring you on par

This is so far off base.... I don't even know what to say.

As it would happen I play a BH Merc and a Juggernaut. After playing both the BH has it way easier.. roatation is still very simple and specced proper you still have multiple escapes..... if left to cast you crush everything.. the expertise changes also helped Merc. Pump out the hurt fast.

honestly BH had problems with mellee well before this patch...its part of being ranged.

Before this patch only one Juggernaut spec had any real dmg potentail at all... and our survival rate was still fairly low compared to all healer classes...which prior to 1.2 were the true pvp tanks. Juggernaut is now where it should be period.

I do think Merc. Is more then fine Dps wise.... healing got hit to hard for merc. Due to major heat inflation.

My advice is to not stand out in the open and always pillar hump... that's what smart ranged and healers roll....if I see a ranged standing out in the open raining death of course your gonna get hit...

There is no way you will ever kill a competant player in the 50 brackets with one ravage. At all. Ever.

Stop spreading this ********.

You must be a marauder, since you didn't notice I said that I rerolled one.

Yes, I have killed people less than level 40(Who have no expertise) in 1 ravage. I am currently level 17.

I'm gonna use that annoying "really? really?" saying that the cool kids use nowadays.

Really Bioware? After all the testing done you felt that Marauders/Sentinel dps was NOT over the top in this patch? Healers get nerfed, and the class with the best burst in the game get a buff, what did you think was going to happen?

Marauders/Sentinels are routinely dominating the kill counts in WZs even if not topping the damage lists they are destroying every other class. Best burst damage in the game + force cloak + sprint + 30 min gap closer (2 if focus spec) + self heals that do about 60k healing in WZ matches + Awe + interrupt + healing debuff + guarded by the force = quick death for any other player on the receiving end, except maybe another Marauder.

Put all those tools in the hands of a player who isn't brain dead and they will dominate other classes. Now they're probably going to say "L2P Maras/Sents are hard to play so it's cool."

Heavy armor doesn't mean jack against them, healers can't heal thru their damage, if they're focused they have multiple ways to reduce incoming damage or they just vanish/jump away, but not before killing one or two players.

Keep your defensive CDs but that damage definitely needs to be toned down.

Marauders/Sentinels are routinely dominating the kill counts in WZs even if not topping the damage lists they are destroying every other class. Best burst damage in the game + force cloak + sprint + 30 min gap closer (2 if focus spec) + self heals that do about 60k healing in WZ matches + Awe + interrupt + healing debuff + guarded by the force = quick death for any other player on the receiving end, except maybe another Marauder.

Sniper >>> Marauder, and it's equally mobile.

Marauders/Sentinels are routinely dominating the kill counts in WZs even if not topping the damage lists they are destroying every other class. Best burst damage in the game + force cloak + sprint + 30 min gap closer (2 if focus spec) + self heals that do about 60k healing in WZ matches

oooh the classic 31/31/31 spec.

Edited by atreyuz

ITT: A bunch of bads who don't know how to handle Sents/Marauders and time their CC skills appropriately.

QQ train keeps on chugging. Ops/Scoundrels -> BH/Commandos -> Shadows/Assassins -> Maurauders/Sent -> ???? (Probably snipers/gunslingers).

ITT: A bunch of bads who don't know how to handle Sents/Marauders and time their CC skills appropriately.

QQ train keeps on chugging. Ops/Scoundrels -> BH/Commandos -> Shadows/Assassins -> Maurauders/Sent -> ???? (Probably snipers/gunslingers).

Software houses should stop creating forums for their mmos. Or atleast abolish the PvP section.

Edited by atreyuz

its funny I think as a guardian who was underpowered compared to many of the other classes I had to learn to play well so now that im on an equal playing field there is a bunch of crying we were forced to adapt to being an underdog we got good so now that we are equal your getting owned lol qq more.

I have been playing my commando sense 1.2 more, and despite my problems with the pvp set up in this game, I went to pvp town. Now Ive seen the damage these type of posts can cause. One guy says this class and that class is op, and then the other guy says no your class is op and that class is op. This should remind you all of a time long ago. My complaints sense 1.2 have been against Imperial agents, I believe they have too much burst damage, with a perfect way to escape. I am not the only who thinks that. I was on ts with some people who were pvping before 1.2 and after, and they felt that way too. Are we wrong or right I dont know. Lets get to the guts of what Ive seen in 1.2.

Imperial agent specifically the operative class, they decloak and your dead the end of the story. If you by some miracle survive the initial blows they stealth and Finnish you off later. The can stealth under attack or not and it does not matter what range they are from the player there attacking.

Bounty Hunters I thought they were op after today, and getting rocketed to death by one imp bh after another. Also barely being able to kill one. So I asked in guild chat the response I got if anything the bh was nerfed. So from my point of view the class was op, in reality more then likely he was just getting heals, and did a good job taring me to shreds.

The marauder/sentinel honestly I am not sure what to make of them. Some times they go down fast other times they keep healing themselves and from what i could tell there was no healers near them. There damage is pretty extensive at the moment. Once again that's my point of view the reality could be something completely different.

The commando lol we are so not op, believe me get the right bh, or sith warrior with a healer lined up and we are dead meat. Something to know about troopers we die fast by way of rockets. It doesn't matter if its from a npc or a player. Also take in count how many times we get stunned, knifed, frozen, carbonized, and hurled up in the air like a play toy. Believe me we are not op. Our range is good but good imp players have always found a way to close that gap and kill me. Which is why Ive learned to pick my battles carefully.

Lastly to those inquisitors before the patch, two of them could heal each other forever in the middle of warzone. Now they are still deadly still got the heals, but can be killed. I have no complaints about the inquisitors in regards to this patch.

What does this long post mean. It means if anything a players point of view is FLAWED, or WRONG. As a player we only see so much, we didnt create this game, we certainly didn't see the mechanics be built from the ground up. We are too busy trying to kill the other guy in pvp to see everything going on, or for that matter trying to hold a position. So let the devs sort it out.

What does this long post mean. It means if anything a players point of view is FLAWED, or WRONG. As a player we only see so much, we didnt create this game, we certainly didn't see the mechanics be built from the ground up. We are too busy trying to kill the other guy in pvp to see everything going on, or for that matter trying to hold a position. So let the devs sort it out.

Yes, that holds true for the majority of players, but there are some who actually play this game enough and understand what the pecking order is. Devs don't sit in queues pvping all day to truly understand certain aspects that you only pick up through actual play.

That being said, the forums and wz are a horrible metric for viewing class balance. For one, there is no rated pvp and no real rewards for skillful play so how do the devs know who is playing their class well and who isn't? Where do you start to form a good opinion? You can't. And you come to this forum which is 99% retardfest where everyone claims everything is OP. Even constructive opinions and discussions get shot down by "L2P" or "adapt" as if class imbalance will never exist in an MMORPG and certainly not this one.

Were not all like that sadly, were not all in high end gear because we have been farming WZ for weeks on end.

Ive been 1 shotted (14.5k health) in a wz by a sorc so were not the only ones with issues. Apparently thats not possible but my brother was there healing me and asked me why i suddenly died to 1 sorc.

Healers ahve almost no point in pvp now as they are getting 2 shotted from sorc.

Also seem a dam speed hacker and someone that seemed to be able to remove all stuns.

Have an issue with pvp in general, LOOSE the dam PVP gear, its not needed never has been.

I play a 50 Sorce in Full BM (and I am VERY good with him, I can solo almost any class, but... no real chance for that in a wz so I melt as IM squishy., I don't know what your talking about Sorce damage Blows. Melee classes do like 3k -5k a hit, Sorces maximum damage is like 800 a tick of a dot or 1.5k reg hit (with Lightning), and MAYBE a crit above 2k.

Sorces are weak, why im re rolling something else when I figure out what the current Sith pwn mobile is.

Edited by Darth-Malkaevian

Skill to play a BH? that takes skill, no skill required to play a sentinel/guardian tho, you just leap and snare and nuke

Yes it takes skill to spec for auto heat dump and spam the **** out of flame burst and rapid shots, then rail shot and rocket punch to finish.

I play a 50 Sorce in Full BM (and I am VERY good with him, I can solo almost any class, but... no real chance for that in a wz so I melt as IM squishy., I don't know what your talking about Sorce damage Blows. Melee classes do like 3k -5k a hit, Sorces maximum damage is like 800 a tick of a dot or 1.5k reg hit (with Lightning), and MAYBE a crit above 2k.

Sorces are weak, why im re rolling something else when I figure out what the current Sith pwn mobile is.

Adapt to 31 point lightning, learn to Lightning Storm rather than Lightning ...and get that top talent that auto crits, with all the adrenals and such going you can crit 3-4k internal v Soft targets.

irrelevent is their DPS. Melee classes can be kited even with force leap. Come on the day a ranged says nerf the melee is a sad day.

There are so many of them and they travel in packs, so it's hard to 'kite them' as there are far too many interupts and leaps to account for...

irrelevent is their DPS. Melee classes can be kited even with force leap. Come on the day a ranged says nerf the melee is a sad day.

yeah no kidding. I am a sentinel and I have a hard time with certain ranged DPS classes, and if I don't play them a certain way, I will get PWND everytime.

L2P if you think Melee DPS beats Ranged DPS every time. I actually have to have more skill and do certain things to come even CLOSE to touching certain DPS classes (talking to you gunslingers)

The high skill ceiling on mara/sent is pretty much gone with 1.2, just spec the middle tree, jump at someone, cripple/slash, hit gore/precision and go to town with ravage.

you must play against a bunch of noobs then, because I am a watchman sentinel, and I still have to have some skill to win against certain classes.

These are the kind of people who complain about everything and anything then get every class around them nerfed by coming up with baseless claims. Always exaggerating, putting up fake numbers.

I know for sure that thanks to these a-holes, another class is going to be nerfed to oblivion but I thank god that others game will be popping up this year for me to look forward to. Man, I really loved this game.

There are so many of them and they travel in packs, so it's hard to 'kite them' as there are far too many interupts and leaps to account for...

From your reply I can safely say you're doing it wrong, you're looking at things wrong and you really need to L2P.

God forbid that a game with team based PVP content has people moving in groups rather than by themselves. Also damn those people who focus targets on the player that is the most threatening to them.

And why are you alone when this happens? if you're not, then where is your team to help you CC/snare/stun?

Sheesh.