The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harpoon bugged as hell?

hotfuss

Is it me or is harpoon working only 50% of the time now? It was already epic fail with it being affected by resolve and all but now it seems i can only get a hook half the time. Its cost me countless games, especially in huttball.

It's a client/server sync issue. Harpoon just poofs when the target breaks LoS before it actually goes off but the server somehow fails to relay that to your client, so the skill goes on cooldown but nothing happens.

I have that all the time unfortunately ( no, it's not my connection, 60-80 ms ping ).

actually today i had for the first time ever something that sounds like the issue the op is describing.

a player was running a way, obstacles or anything near him or me or in between. i used harppon, i see it hitting him and all the sound effects but he does not come to me. resolve bar was empty but got filled a bit by the harpoon and i had the cd running.

also the target was not immune to tech or anything similar and definetly not out of range as i just hit him with stockstrike just 2s before (or even less).

Had this crap happen to me the other day where I was sitting on the edge of a platform waiting to harpoon a guy to his death. I use harpoon and the guy magically teleports behind me. I don't even understand how that happens.

Well at least its not only me.

Btw the reason i find it epic fail not working on resolve chars is first the obvious: harpoon is not a stun so why should it fill resolve? Second if you 've played against premade Hutball teams im sure you 'll know how annoying it is when they chain grip their -resovled bar filled- ball handler while you sit and watch helplessly.

oh well

Not having any problems with it that I didn't have before the patch.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt (exluding resolve bar) and when it does work it rarely pulls people to where it should do, often with them landing inside me or behind me, which is really annoying when trying pull people into pits or off of ledges.

It's dispointing that biofail didnt bother to take these problems on board and fix them.

It has some bugs. The most annoying is related to client-server lag.

What I mean is that for some reason, the pull is related to the target's position not the position the game reports to you, the vanguard.

In some way it makes sense, but it is hard to predict the lag difference between you and the enemy player :)

Like before, there are some core bugs with the vanguards that still need addressing. One of them would be the slow on Pulse Cannon granted by Pulse Generator Tactics talent: it does not work at all :)