I've lost the will to PvP - cancelling my sub until this is fixed

Sweeet

It seems to be the only thing Bioware will listen to (teams of Operatives anyone... :rolleyes: ), so even if you still want to play, just cancel your sub to send a message if you feel the PvP is appalling in 1.2

It's a joke now, just a complete joke. Even without a healer in 1.1, you had enough time to react and play tactically, but now without a dedicated healer you'll get ripped apart in seconds and it's just not fun any more, especially when losing now gives little to NO reward. That's right, NO reward.

PvP has turned into a gib-fest Bioware, and if that wasn't bad enough I hardly get a thing for my troubles. But who cares...this will just get lost in the mountain of posts like it, and nothing will change for weeks... Time to stop PvP'ing for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Sweeet

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the issue, the issue is that PvP seems to be taking a step backwards. Healers have never been more important in PvP now that the time-to-kill has drastically been reduced, yet noone wants to play them because they've been nerfed to hell. I'm not saying the nerfs weren't justified, but I've most definitely seen a drop in healers playing WZ's since 1.2

But either way PvP has turned into a gib-fest with little to no reward. Yes I get into the odd few WZ's that even if we lose, it was a good close game. But when 90% are either us gibbing the other team because they didn't have a healer, or getting gibbed ourselves because we didn't have a healer, it's just not fun any more. There is no more tactical game-play, it's just who can gib the other team the quickest.

PvP has become boring, and the issue is further exuberated by either the poor, or no reward you get now.

It always amazes me when company's make game-breaking changes like these, does no-one seriously think these things through? And it's not a simple case of "you can't please everyone", it's pure lack of foresight on Bioware's part. No-one enjoys getting killed without having time to react, no-one.

My only problem with PvP is that the minute I poke my head out as my Commando, I get insta-gibbed for being a healer. But that's not anyone's fault; it's just a fact of playing a healer that I'm going to get focus fired and go down faster than a blonde on prom night.

games never felt better imo, fps have improved hugely and im enjoying pvp alot more with my sage since I have to react now instead of standing still nuking people with raidboss dps rotations

Yeah game is better than ever.

People just refuse to adapt, and even learn. If they don't have a specific guide to go by, they just whine. It's pretty sad.

Yeah game is better than ever.

People just refuse to adapt, and even learn. If they don't have a specific guide to go by, they just whine. It's pretty sad.

agree 110% but hey whiners will be whiners news flash ppl adapt and evolve or get left behind...

games never felt better imo, fps have improved hugely and im enjoying pvp alot more with my sage since I have to react now instead of standing still nuking people with raidboss dps rotations

I;m wondering if i'm playing the same game as you, people don't seem to last long enough to even use a rotation.

agree 110% but hey whiners will be whiners news flash ppl adapt and evolve or get left behind...

Adapt to what? Charge choke smash hey im dead because i was also hit by some random aoe. Pvp is a gib fest and anyone that doesnt think so is playing against terrible players. 2 top pvp guilds on the server fought over mid at the start of the novare coast tonight, 6v6 and the fight lasted about 30 secs with 2 of us on my team left standing, me the merc healer and our mara. Tanks dropping in seconds, sage/sorc healers dying through guard like they werent even there. Yes im sure all is fine and dandy in pug wz land where no one focus fires, but in organized games its pretty retarded and a far cry from the tactical battles happening in high rated WSGs over in wow.

Healers ain't even needed lol, 2 full groups with DPS will eat everything, doesn't matter if the other faction has 1-3 healers, they will still eat it and die quick.

Rather have 8 DPS than 6 DPS and 2 healers, anyday of the week.

That's why i'm making a DPS instead of healing, i swear to GOD 2 groups with DPS... Lol, it's insain, and switch 1-2 dps with 1-2 tanks and you are golden.

It's not the silly nerf's i'm talking about, i still heal very good with my sage. But something has changed with 1.2 that i'm no longer needed in wz's at all, infact some people don't like healers joining, they would rather have the extra DPS, and that's why i'm making one :p

So yes, i am adapting.

Edited by Tiriensoul

IMO less credits and experience for warzones win or lose, means PVE players have an easier time buying PVP gear.

If i have to level another toon without the aid of warzones then I am done leveling toons.

With no real in game and no desire to do every side quest again, I just dont have fun anymore.

It not winning or losing, its low anyway.

Thought we were getting some debuff for quitting not a quitters incentive.

Edited by kirorx

H

It's not the silly nerf's i'm talking about, i still heal very good with my sage. But something has changed with 1.2 that i'm no longer needed in wz's at all, infact some people don't like healers joining, they would rather have the extra DPS, and that's why i'm making one :p

So yes, i am adapting.

Good for you. Most developers have come to realize healing in games like this takes away a significant amount of the fun, especially if they are nearly unkillable like they were prior to 1.2

The game was really fun at launch because there really weren't a lot of healers around, but then they nerfed surge and healers became OP, and immediate FOTM, and that alone chased away a lot of players.

Really good teams, and makeups could exploit the power of healers prior to 1.2, but now they don't have such a big advantage and that is GOOD for the game.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

It's always nice when people come to the forums telling people "everything is fine and dandy all you need to do is adapt" yet give absolutely no constructive feedback whatsoever...

Tell me, how do you adapt to dieing in literally 4 seconds flat if focused by 3 competent DPS? And I'm talking about fully BM geared players going up against other fully BM geared players.

There is no time for tactical game-play if up against competent teams, for them either. It's literally a case of who can burst down the other team the quickest. This isn't a FPS, gib-fests have have no place in an MMO. I don't have to hot-key 40+ ability's in a FPS...yet I feel like I'm playing a FPS because I don't get a chance to use them.

Trust me Bioware are fully aware of the situation, coming here acting like everything is OK isn't going to change that. However the more people who come here and voice their concerns the quicker something will be done about it.

IMO less credits and experience for warzones win or lose, means PVE players have an easier time buying PVP gear.

If i have to level another toon without the aid of warzones then I am done leveling toons.

With no real in game and no desire to do every side quest again, I just dont have fun anymore.

It not winning or losing, its low anyway.

Thought we were getting some debuff for quitting not a quitters incentive.

Yea, i just tried to do the math on how many commendations i need for a WH set, and the numbers just made me dizzy, so i thouht **** it, life is to short and went and hit the cancel account button insted.

Healers ain't even needed lol, 2 full groups with DPS will eat everything, doesn't matter if the other faction has 1-3 healers, they will still eat it and die quick.

That's why i'm making a DPS instead of healing, i swear to GOD 2 groups with DPS... Lol, it's insain, and switch 1-2 dps with 1-2 tanks and you are golden.

So yes, i am adapting.

Yes because I'm sure that was Biowares intention... To make healers un-needed in PvP. Give me a break, that's not adapting, that's catering yourself to a broken system. And healers are important if you don't want to die in 4 seconds, that's if they haven't been killed already.

So really, how do you feel about this gib-fest PvP has turned into? Or are you trying to say it doesn't exist?

Edited by Sweeet

This is soo rich,every class claims they are killed to fast now,i know whats going on,all you guys lived too long and want to be the UBER GENERAL the king of the mountain,get over yourselves already this is a team PvP sillys lol.

This is soo rich,every class claims they are killed to fast now,i know whats going on,all you guys lived too long and want to be the UBER GENERAL the king of the mountain,get over yourselves already this is a team PvP sillys lol.

Oh damn you got us, it's all just a big conspiracy! Time to log back in fellas, we've been sussed... :rolleyes:

I've lost the will to PvP - cancelling my sub until this is fixed

Bioware casts "Restore Will"

It's not very effective.

They can't "fix" your will. It all comes down to you.

Edited by lpsmash

Tell me, how do you adapt to dieing in literally 4 seconds flat if focused by 3 competent DPS? And I'm talking about fully BM geared players going up against other fully BM geared players.

If 3 DPS are on you in any game what do you expect to happen? You should last 5 more seconds?

So yes, i am adapting.

Yup, noticed same thing on my powertech. I am simply less useful as tank spec then simply going pyrotech and blowing everyone up. It's quite literally, kill or be killed. Healers aren't really a problem, I just burn them down - except they don't hit back so they are actually easier to deal with then dps. Tanks are just the same as dps, except they dps for less. Their mitigation is virtually irrelevant since my damage bypasses virtually all of it anyway.

If 3 DPS are on you in any game what do you expect to happen? You should last 5 more seconds?

No you should last long enough to "react", or at least give the healer a chance to try and save you. It was never this bad before 1.2, even with 3 DPS on me I could react after the 4 second stun and save myself. Now I'm dead before the 4 second stun is even over - hence the term being gibbed.

I hardly think it was Biowares intention to have PvP turn into a gib-fest, do you? Do you think it's right people should be dropping like fly's in a 4 second stun?