Why do sniper rifles no longer drop for republic?

JakkFrost

I'm a little curious about this, as smuggler has a companion that uses them, while nothing is mentioned in the 1.2 patch notes about assault cannons no longer dropping for Imperial players, yet nobody on that side can use them at all, even for companions, as far as I know.

Unless assault cannons were removed from Imp drop tables in a previous patch?

Edited by JakkFrost

Well sure, that's fine, and I have an armstech levelled, but that's not really the point. Dunno if any sniper rifles ever dropped for republic OP's, but now none ever will.

Not that I currently use Risha for anything besides crew skills, but it's the principle of the thing. I have a companion that can use them, and they no longer drop for republic, but assault cannons, which are utterly useless to Imperials, still drop for them. (Not to mention being available at commendation vendors...)

Edited by JakkFrost

I do believe it was covered in a Dev Q&A recently. Basically drops are based upon what the FACTION can use from a player perspective (ignoring companions). Thus, Sniper Rifles will only exclusively drop for Empire Players, but Assault Cannons will only drop for Republic Players, etc.

Do note: Risha can use Blaster Rifles (based on memory - correct if wrong) which drops for both factions. It means you can easily upgrade her! Of course, if you want to stick with the Sniper Rifle route, there are end-game drops and/or crafting schematics you can use to upgrade.

I do believe it was covered in a Dev Q&A recently. Basically drops are based upon what the FACTION can use from a player perspective (ignoring companions). Thus, Sniper Rifles will only exclusively drop for Empire Players, but Assault Cannons will only drop for Republic Players, etc.

Do note: Risha can use Blaster Rifles (based on memory - correct if wrong) which drops for both factions. It means you can easily upgrade her! Of course, if you want to stick with the Sniper Rifle route, there are end-game drops and/or crafting schematics you can use to upgrade.

That's my point though, nothing was mentioned about assault cannons no longer dropping for Imperials.

Also, do endgame schematics for sniper rifles still drop at least? Assuming there are any.

That's my point though, nothing was mentioned about assault cannons no longer dropping for Imperials.

Also, do endgame schematics for sniper rifles still drop at least? Assuming there are any.

Because Assault Cannons have never dropped for Imps? At least I've never seen one. Could someone confirm this?

Do we even have a companion that uses one?

Edited by Kauhu

Because Assault Cannons have never dropped for Imps? At least I've never seen one. Could someone confirm this?

Do we even have a companion that uses one?

I've had assault cannons drop on my Imps. As for whether any companions can use them, not that I know of, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can also buy an orange mod from various planet commendation vendors, 14 coms. Most of the companions come with a green sniper rifle that can be upgraded exactly as an orange. And of course, there's the level 50 daily heroic 2 that gives you a 50 orange. The sky is not falling.

You can also buy an orange mod from various planet commendation vendors, 14 coms. Most of the companions come with a green sniper rifle that can be upgraded exactly as an orange. And of course, there's the level 50 daily heroic 2 that gives you a 50 orange. The sky is not falling.

I can also craft an orange sniper rifle with an augment slot, I fail to see how your post is relevant to my question.

I can also craft an orange sniper rifle with an augment slot, I fail to see how your post is relevant to my question.

Then why on earth would you want green and blue sniper rifles to drop, when you can make barrels and a superior weapon instead?

Then why on earth would you want green and blue sniper rifles to drop, when you can make barrels and a superior weapon instead?

And still you totally miss the point, you assume I'm making this about me. It's not, it's about the principal of "why can't sniper rifles drop for any republic anymore, who can use them for companions, while assault cannons still drop for Imperial players who can't use them at all?"

Not to mention there's another color available for world drop items, it's called "purple".

I'm a little curious about this, as smuggler has a companion that uses them, while nothing is mentioned in the 1.2 patch notes about assault cannons no longer dropping for Imperial players, yet nobody on that side can use them at all, even for companions, as far as I know.

Unless assault cannons were removed from Imp drop tables in a previous patch?

There are craftable orange cunning sniper guns... So seek out a crafter...

Imperials have NEVER been able to get decent cunning blaster pistols yet snipers have 2 companions that use them. Until now the best we could get were the orange ones from the daily quest reward. Now with the changes I can pull apart a rakata sniper rifle and make them a good weapon finally. So in closing you are complaining about nothing. Get an orange , pull apart something better, profit.

IMHO I'd rather they remove the chance of Sniper Rifles with Aim on them dropping for anyone.

Ditto for Vibroknives and Scatterguns with Aim, Medium armor with Shielding/Absorption, Electrostaves with Strength and so on...

I don't mind Sniper Rifles (with Cunning) or Assault Cannons (with Aim) dropping on either faction as those can either be sold or used by companions.

Gear with stats that no one uses are way overdue for removal, however.

I remember the Vibroknife/Scattergun category on the GTN before the patch, 90-95% of all items had Aim on them. If there only were a class which wanted Aim and could use said items...