Gunsliger DPS parses... all specs please

ByeToWoW

ehm...

With DF I usually reach 400k - 500k but 600k isn't that rare... or when it's a really bad wz it's around 250k - 300k.

With 2/18/21 my highest I hit so far was 722k. But normally its around 500k or 300k in lost wz's...

With pure sab I reached 450k so far in huttball but in voidstar it's easy to achieve 500k.

Well ya... any questions on that?

ehm...

With DF I usually reach 400k - 500k but 600k isn't that rare... or when it's a really bad wz it's around 250k - 300k.

With 2/18/21 my highest I hit so far was 722k. But normally its around 500k or 300k in lost wz's...

With pure sab I reached 450k so far in huttball but in voidstar it's easy to achieve 500k.

What what the timespan for that? Hard to tell what your DPS was from that.

My latest parsing on the ops dummy put me at 969 DPS without buffs.

My gear is a little haphazard and includes a mixture of columi and champion gear.

My spec is 0/30/11 (which means I'm better with groups than I am single target. I've been thinking about building a single target spec, but I love sab so much, esp the improved scrambling field and sabotage charge.

Edited by Laenaria

over a whole wz of course.... usually no one is talking about DAMAGE PER SECOND when naming "dps"....

The thread title specifically names parses, not overall damage after a WZ. We are talking about DPS in here.

To the OP, my guild is going to be running the new Op on Sunday with the DPS parsing so I'll be able to compare myself against a watchman sentinel, a DF gunslinger, an assault commando, and me as SS gunslinger.

All of us have max Rakata of course, modified to perfection, all DPS armoring, DPS barrels, the surge we need etc.

Edited by ZDProletariat

usually no one is talking about DAMAGE PER SECOND when naming "dps"....

Just want to add that DPS actually is short for "damage per second" and therefor, usually when someone talks about dps, they talk about damage per second.

ehm...

Perhaps I should be a bit more specific:

Since 1.2, there is now a combat log which can be activated from in-game. You can download a DPS parser to extract information after a fight to analyze the results. I am looking for anyone that has managed to do this successfully and to please post that info here. I am not specifically looking for a warzone final damage tally, but more of a boss fight or a target dummy fight.

Pure MM 31/7/3 - Operation Target Dummy

Full Columi - Offhand/Bracers/Chest/Ear/Pants Rakata

In a 3 min fight i do 1202.7 dps.

22,57% Speed Shot

22,16% Trickshot

14,99% Aimed Shot

10,47% Charged Burst

9,93% XS Freighter Flyby

6,78% Bleedint (Tech)

5,23% Sabotage Charge (Tech)

5,1% Flurry of Bolts

1,96% Burning Force (trinket Karaggas Story Mode)

I'm learning yet how to use the Gunslinger because i rerolled last week from a consular healer. Any experienced Gunslinger could tell me if my numbers are normal?

Thanks !

Pure MM 31/7/3 - Operation Target Dummy

Full Columi - Offhand/Bracers/Chest/Ear/Pants Rakata

In a 3 min fight i do 1202.7 dps.

22,57% Speed Shot

22,16% Trickshot

14,99% Aimed Shot

10,47% Charged Burst

9,93% XS Freighter Flyby

6,78% Bleedint (Tech)

5,23% Sabotage Charge (Tech)

5,1% Flurry of Bolts

1,96% Burning Force (trinket Karaggas Story Mode)

I'm learning yet how to use the Gunslinger because i rerolled last week from a consular healer. Any experienced Gunslinger could tell me if my numbers are normal?

Thanks !

looks pretty solid, especially with your gear. SS spec isn't really hard to play imo.

general rotation: (starting with XS, then charged burst and a TS) 1Speedshot--aimed shot-->trick shot-->filler-->filler-->charged burst-->trick shot-->filler--filler-->charged burst-->trickshot-->repeat at step 1.

fillers: sabotage charge, vital shot, flurry of bolts, flourish shot, charged burst, kick if you want to be funny :D.

Edited by Bivaccus

looks pretty solid, especially with your gear. SS spec isn't really hard to play imo.

general rotation: (starting with XS, then charged burst and a TS) 1Speedshot--aimed shot-->trick shot-->filler-->filler-->charged burst-->trick shot-->filler--filler-->charged burst-->trickshot-->repeat at step 1.

fillers: sabotage charge, vital shot, flurry of bolts, flourish shot, charged burst, kick if you want to be funny :D.

Kick + Surrender at the same time is even more fun!

Thanks Bivaccus :)

Unfortunately I already deleted my logs from our normal mode clear of EC this week, but our entire group messed around with a raid-synched MoX parser so we could compare to eachother. Our group consists of two gunslingers (one was DF the first half, SS the last; I was full SS), a gunnery commando, shadow dps (unfortunately not sure on his spec) and vigilance guardian (when he's not tanking).

We messed around on the ops training dummies a bit, usually ending with roughly 1150 to 1300 DPS with only half serious rotation.

Most boss and trash fights we were all within 4-5% of eachother, with gunslingers usually on top (but changing often enough depending on situation/fight/role), and no overly large difference between DF and SS (at least not enough that could be reliably used to argue for or against after only one ops; all within gearing/RNG/movement variables). I believe most boss attempts and kills we ended around upper 900's to 1200 DPS, keeping in mind this was a first attempt clear for us, none of us having played the PTS, so our DPS should be up higher next week, but even still for large moment fights not a terrible DPS loss from it.

I'll save logs from if we do some NMM KP this week or from our HM EC attempts next week.

Unfortunately I already deleted my logs from our normal mode clear of EC this week, but our entire group messed around with a raid-synched MoX parser so we could compare to eachother. Our group consists of two gunslingers (one was DF the first half, SS the last; I was full SS), a gunnery commando, shadow dps (unfortunately not sure on his spec) and vigilance guardian (when he's not tanking).

We messed around on the ops training dummies a bit, usually ending with roughly 1150 to 1300 DPS with only half serious rotation.

Most boss and trash fights we were all within 4-5% of eachother, with gunslingers usually on top (but changing often enough depending on situation/fight/role), and no overly large difference between DF and SS (at least not enough that could be reliably used to argue for or against after only one ops; all within gearing/RNG/movement variables). I believe most boss attempts and kills we ended around upper 900's to 1200 DPS, keeping in mind this was a first attempt clear for us, none of us having played the PTS, so our DPS should be up higher next week, but even still for large moment fights not a terrible DPS loss from it.

I'll save logs from if we do some NMM KP this week or from our HM EC attempts next week.

Exactly our experience! Cleared ec, but didn't really use mox yet. Yesterday using mox in EC HM attempt. Consisting of: full balance sage, comm healer, sage healer, 2 gunnery comms, assasin tank, vanguard tank and me as full DF spec :D.

The sage was full telekinesis first, but his dps sucked. He specced balance and was on par with the rest of us. I usually pull ahead by like 1-5%. for the rest not much difference in damag dealt. Remember that every different AC uses his armor debuff, it DOES stack!.

I must suck, ive got rakata for everything but my hat, Im using this spec and i get 1077 dps on the ops training dummy :\

What kind of stuff do people shoot for with gear?

With buffs/stim, you should have anywhere near/over 2000 cunning, 35-45% crit, 65-75% surge. I'm sure someone could post their more exact stats if they've min/maxed. As far as spec, I have similar but took Lay Low over Holed up.

Keep in mind that training dummy parses can be wildly different depending on buffs, stims, whether or not adrenals/relics were used, and whether or not someone else was attacking the target and giving it debuffs of their own. Not to mention time, as shorter parses will almost always have higher DPS if any cooldown is used.

Unfortunately I had computer issues during our EC runs this week so I didn't parse, but I ran with an HM KP clear tonight and got some logs for that if anyone is interested.

My initial plan was to run as DF and compare it to some earlier logs as SS, but for various reasons I felt more comfortable running as SS (31 / 7 / 3) so I'll look to get some DF ones in the future. My apologies for the weird parse on Bonethrasher, for some reason it got split into two different logs (it was a oneshot kill with no deaths).

http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=combat_2012-04-22_18_58_27_421491.txt

My rough stats raid buffed (with stim): 2k cunning, 103.5% accuracy, 40% crit, 73% surge. Gear overview is mostly base rakata set gear, black hole non-set pieces, augmented rakata blasters, campaign relics.

We had my own armor debuff, guardian, and commando with the exception of Jarg/Sorno where we only had 2 on my target. This was all without adrenals as I am not Biochem and did not want to waste my supply on only HM KP.

Edited by Synavix

Here's an SS parse from my groups HM EC attempts tonight. Second time downing Toth & Zorn and first real attempts on Firebrand and Stormcaller before it got too late. We had a new Sentinal to our group who had never seen the fights so we hit enrage a couple times, and had a few healer/tank issues.

I lost a bit of DPS on Toth&Zorn due to being on Toth (range issues during jumps/repositioning) and only having a second guradian armor debuff half the time. Overall I was switching back and forth with a DF gunslinger for most damage done, usually based on who was getting unlucky with the yellow targetting debuff.

Tanks fight was just generally a mess, trying to get used to a few new positions and sometimes having 2 armor debuffs, sometimes not.

http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=combat_2012-04-24_21_11_51_437250.txt

Comments/critisicms/comparisons always welcome. Hoping to get a good DF parse soon. I ran an HM EV but it was only Gharj through Soa, so all the fights were pretty poor judges of DPS.

Here's an SS parse from my groups HM EC attempts tonight. Second time downing Toth & Zorn and first real attempts on Firebrand and Stormcaller before it got too late. We had a new Sentinal to our group who had never seen the fights so we hit enrage a couple times, and had a few healer/tank issues.

I lost a bit of DPS on Toth&Zorn due to being on Toth (range issues during jumps/repositioning) and only having a second guradian armor debuff half the time. Overall I was switching back and forth with a DF gunslinger for most damage done, usually based on who was getting unlucky with the yellow targetting debuff.

Tanks fight was just generally a mess, trying to get used to a few new positions and sometimes having 2 armor debuffs, sometimes not.

http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=combat_2012-04-24_21_11_51_437250.txt

Comments/critisicms/comparisons always welcome. Hoping to get a good DF parse soon. I ran an HM EV but it was only Gharj through Soa, so all the fights were pretty poor judges of DPS.

Did your feel more powerful given the the latest buff to SS? When you switch to DF it will be interesting to see what you make of it in comparison. Cheers.