When can we expect the things the game actually needs?

Reevax

The 1.2 patch was a pretty face lift and they added in a lot of stuff that should have been there at release but that's fine. I am wondering when we can expect the things the game actually needs to make it more accessible.

FP/OP Finder:

I know its a top priority and supposed to be 1.3 but when?

Addons:

UI stuff was nice but add-ons can do so much more for the way the game looks and feels. I am not talking about add-ons that people on the forums are afraid of but ones for like crafting interface, UI control, better nameplates, and stuff in those categories.

Macros:

You added emotes that we have to type out... I am not talking about the macros people are so terrified of but ones for stuff like emotes, mouse over macros for healing, and stuff like that.

These sort of thing make a big difference and would have been a lot more well received than non scale-able legacy gear and pets.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stuff you're asking about will probably be down the road. Seeing as how this game is still in its early stages the main focus right now is patching and providing content. Minor things like what is stated here comes out usually after the game as had a 8 month to 1 year release.

telling us when it will be here is analogous to a doctor trying to tell a cancer patient how much longer they have to live. They say 3 months, turns out its 9 months...You just can't predict with all the bugs and stuff how long it will take to complete it. But i imagine 1.3 will hold most of the LFG systems and other comfort and convenience features ppl want.

The stuff you're asking about will probably be down the road. Seeing as how this game is still in its early stages the main focus right now is patching and providing content. Minor things like what is stated here comes out usually after the game as had a 8 month to 1 year release.

These are not minor things, these are things that keep people playing.

Pets and training dummies are minor things.

LFG tool in 1.3

Addons - Not any time soon, if ever. Was already asked several times, why do you feel the need to ask further without doing your research?

Macros - Not happening. Was stated in the Guild Summit that they don't like macros, and they're not implementing them, with the exception of small things like mouse-over or maybe some chat macros.

All of this information is easy to find, and has been asked several times/answered several times.

The 1.2 patch was a pretty face lift and they added in a lot of stuff that should have been there at release but that's fine. I am wondering when we can expect the things the game actually needs to make it more accessible.

FP/OP Finder:

I know its a top priority and supposed to be 1.3 but when?

This I can see us needing, but can also be solved with a LFG tool and faction wide LFG chat channel.

Addons:

UI stuff was nice but add-ons can do so much more for the way the game looks and feels. I am not talking about add-ons that people on the forums are afraid of but ones for like crafting interface, UI control, better nameplates, and stuff in those categories.

This is frivolous and unnecessary

Macros:

You added emotes that we have to type out... I am not talking about the macros people are so terrified of but ones for stuff like emotes, mouse over macros for healing, and stuff like that.

Also frivolous, though it would be nice to have my Marauder shout "FUS ROH DAH!" every time she uses Force Scream.

These sort of thing make a big difference and would have been a lot more well received than non scale-able legacy gear and pets.

Responses in cyan.

It's literally impossible to stop people from using 3rd party devices to macro. Also, devs aren't exactly marketing gurus, they don't have control over what merchandise gets put out any more than we do.

They but their name on it, prolly that had some control over that.

How do MACROS and trivial crap matter over fixing what needs fixing.

Targeting is broken as far as I'm concerned. It selects on mouse release instead of mouse press. And not if you moved your cursor. And not if you waited more than ~.5 seconds to release. And not if someone else walks between your cursor and your intended target. And not if it's Tuesday.

Mouse-over macros would make the game more playable.

Edited by Amuntet