The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

yeah I dont get the criteria.

They say its a legacy patch now so then shouldnt the criteria be unlocking your legacy?

Whats legacy lvl 6 got to do with any thing?

Whats lvl 50 and taken part in end game got to do with anything?

LOL, funny thing is, ill get the 30 days now anyways (legacy 6) but what I cared about was the straight out, no double talk appology and they all skipped and slide and squirmed around just saying

"Im sorry, we screwed up, we will do better from now on"

Read multiple postings from all heads and not one of them could just say that.

I think they chose Legacy 6 because they did some analysis and tried to offer an incentive without just agreeing to skip $18 million dollars in revenue. It is a business, after all.

And I too wanted a direct, explicit apology to those fans that took it on the chin. I didn't need the apology for me, I just wanted it for them. And I wanted it for the sake of the game, so that the management learns its mistake and doesn't do this in the future, so we can get past this garbage and let the game grow as it should.

I do believe we'll hear an apology like that perhaps at the next Guild Summit, or a player summit, or if you ever get to talk to a Dev or Manager or PR rep in person. Hell, if you call customer service, they'll apologize to you I'm sure.

But they're probably going to do it in a way that can be seen, but not easily typed and whizzed around the Internets and easily referenced by every blog from here to Mustafar.

Does it smack of corporate defense posture? Yes it does. Should we expect something else from a corporation who has a momma corporation with a bad reputation and shareholders? Probably not.

I think the best apology we get is their acceptance to altering the promotion to include more players. But they aren't going to grab the Talking Stick and break down with their head in their hands, sobbing and begging for forgiveness.

We probably just have to read between the lines on this one...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It look like some people just cannot be pleased.

Anyone who is saying that he played for a long time with alts and doesn't meet this new criteria or that he cannot reach that criteria until 22. is simply not telling the truth.

I have to say again that this is a fantastic move from Bioware, no one has rewarded their players in this manner as far as i know, big update + free month + Tauntaun pet is just amazing.

I have been displeased initially because of the strange loyalty criteria for obtaining the reward but i have never threatened to quit unlike some, the game is just too good.

Keep up the good work Bioware.

Edited by Vlacke

It look like some people just cannot be pleased.

Anyone who is saying that he played for a long time with alts and doesn't meet this new criteria or that he cannot reach that criteria until 22. is simply not telling the truth.

That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that I'm being told how to play or else I am considered an outcast by BioWare. I play more than most, but I play the way I want to. Once I pay for this content I should be able to enjoy it in whatever manner I choose. And definitely not be insulted by the company I support.

That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that I'm being told how to play or else I am considered an outcast by BioWare. I play more than most, but I play the way I want to. Once I pay for this content I should be able to enjoy it in whatever manner I choose. And definitely not be insulted by the company I support.

So they have made an initial mistake, they have corrected it in a good way if i might say so, everyone should be pleased, end of discussion really.

They could have done nothing like probably every other company would have, instead they chose the better way.

Again, everyone is getting the reward, the pet, the update is excellent despite the fact that it needs more fixing and fine tuning, the game itself is fantastic and is constantly improving, that's all that matters in my book really.

Edited by Vlacke

It was a gift for long-time players, not a gift for all players. The new expansion of the bonus to anyone who's reached legacy level 6 means that unless you are going out of your way to NOT level up (which would be wierd, but I suppose that's your choice) then you're probably not a long-time player.

This is all wrong BW. You are labeling everyone and empowering group think. You are forcing play styles and creating animosity. This isn't creating long term communities - this is very bad and insulting. You are pitting neighbor against neighbor. This "community" is very fragile right now and falling apart as it is. The more I see the handling of this cluster, the more uncomfortable I am getting. This "solution" just made it a whole lot worse on the community at large, not better.

Thanks, but you may want to re-think this or we will be reading even worse things about this game in less than six months.

This is all wrong BW. You are labeling everyone and empowering group think. You are forcing play styles and creating animosity. This isn't creating long term communities - this is very bad and insulting. You are pitting neighbor against neighbor. This "community" is very fragile right now and falling apart as it is. The more I see the handling of this cluster, the more uncomfortable I am getting. This "solution" just made it a whole lot worse on the community at large, not better.

Thanks, but you may want to re-think this or we will be reading even worse things about this game in less than six months.

The only people pitting anyone against anyone are the ones who create mountains out of molehills on these very forums. The MMO community would be a lot better if the average MMO player had an ounce of rationality and reason.

It was a gift for long-time players, not a gift for all players. The new expansion of the bonus to anyone who's reached legacy level 6 means that unless you are going out of your way to NOT level up (which would be wierd, but I suppose that's your choice) then you're probably not a long-time player.

If it was a gift for long-time players, then I should have gotten it regardless of having reached legacy level 6 or not. I've been here through beta and pre-order. As some others have said also.

NOT leveling up, is not the issue. Its if you like playing all the stories or doing crafting, etc. That makes it a biased promotion.

If it was a gift for long-time players, then I should have gotten it regardless of having reached legacy level 6 or not. I've been here through beta and pre-order. As some others have said also.

NOT leveling up, is not the issue. Its if you like playing all the stories or doing crafting, etc. That makes it a biased promotion.

Not really. There's just no way you've been playing since launch (or even for two months) and aren't Legacy Level 6 unless you're taking a very strange and unconventional route through the game--which I agree ought to have been accounted for. But you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me that most (if not nearly all) launch players haven't hit Legacy 6 by now.

Not really. There's just no way you've been playing since launch (or even for two months) and aren't Legacy Level 6 unless you're taking a very strange and unconventional route through the game--which I agree ought to have been accounted for. But you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me that most (if not nearly all) launch players haven't hit Legacy 6 by now.

Hi, strange and unconventional here. :)

30 days of game time spent crafting. Why does BioWare insult me for it?

I'll probably rush through to get a 50 or Legacy 6, but why should I be forced to do so?

The only people pitting anyone against anyone are the ones who create mountains out of molehills on these very forums. The MMO community would be a lot better if the average MMO player had an ounce of rationality and reason.

You kinda proved my point. Go back and read what I said. This 'solution' is only creating negativity and breeding ideas like you are spreading. Like if I have an opinion about this very focused gift; I must be silly, dumb or illogical. It's not the gift at all - it is the way it is being handled that has me questioning if they even realize the very fragile state of community we have... or even if that is a concern to them.

Mark my words, it will only get worse unless they fix this very soon.

You kinda proved my point. Go back and read what I said. This 'solution' is only creating negativity and breeding ideas like you are spreading. Like if I have an opinion about this very focused gift; I must be silly, dumb or illogical. It's not the gift at all - it is the way it is being handled that has me questioning if they even realize the very fragile state of community we have... or even if that is a concern to them.

Mark my words, it will only get worse unless they fix this very soon.

You did not actually say anything here at all.

I'll probably rush through to get a 50 or Legacy 6, but why should I be forced to do so?

You can craft WHILE you level. In fact, you always have one companion who's not able to go on a mission for this very purpose.

I agree that they should expand it to anyone who's been active for "x" amount of time, but you don't have anyone but yourself to blame for taking a route they couldn't have predicted.

'Forced', huh.

So this free offer wasn't for you. Promotions tend not to be all-inclusive, because... they're promoting something specific. I guess you'll have to wait for the one that rewards diligent crafters.

Thank you Bioware! I myself have been one of those customers that have been overly critical of you because I want to see this game succeed. I am glad that you listened to your customers. I for one just want to apoligize for not giving you enough credit.

For those people that are still upset about the "valued Customer" thing I understand where you are coming from, but if you are looking for something else like a public apology lets face it this is just as good as that. I am just happy that people voiced thier opinion and it was heard.

Realistically though, someone at Bioware's marketing team needs to be fired. How did they NOT realize how unfair and poorly recieved the original version of this promotion would be received by the community?

So far 1.2 has been nothing but drama. Features promised but not included. Downtime due to poor delivery of the patch itself. A legacy system where you have a family tree that does absolutely nothing and a promotion that was narrowly aimed at level 50s without forewarning to the customers that a select group would be getting something for nothing. Not to mention that not everyone who plays a lot has level 50 characters hence this revision.

1.2 was a chance for Bioware to show everyone that the fiasco of launch was a one-off. That the game was rushed to the public and that it wasn't typical of what Bioware intends to perform like with SWTOR moving forwards. But so far over Bioware's lack of experience with MMOs, which was a concern before launch, is proving to be all too evident.

Like i said before I have pre-ordered, ive been in early access, I have a subscription running from the beginning and I love the game and tell everyone that would like to hear it.

I do have work, a family, do sports and work on recruitment for my Guild/Community. I am not able to play every night, the nights that i am able to play i usually get online at around 23h and play till about 1h am (for having to get up for work at 6am again).

All in all to me i invest "all" of my available time i have left in this game but that is probably still alot less than most... to me it feels alot (the fact i try to squeez my available time in whenever i get the chance to me means it feels alot to me)... and that makes me a dedicated SWTOR player that loves the game, usually has nothing but good things to say about BioWare and its employees but now you are telling me that i would probably go out of my way to NOT level up and I am not a long-time player?

Dont know wether to laugh or cry ;)

i wish i would have read any forum post about this yesterday and not just bioware's post because i'm not 50 yet and i was only like man that sucks but i love this game to much to quit over something so small as free game time. i didn't feel like bioware was looking down at me at all for not being 50 yet ether.:cool:

Like i said before I have pre-ordered, ive been in early access, I have a subscription running from the beginning and I love the game and tell everyone that would like to hear it.

I do have work, a family, do sports and work on recruitment for my Guild/Community. I am not able to play every night, the nights that i am able to play i usually get online at around 23h and play till about 1h am (for having to get up for work at 6am again).

All in all to me i invest "all" of my available time i have left in this game but that is probably still alot less than most... to me it feels alot (the fact i try to squeez my available time in whenever i get the chance to me means it feels alot to me)... and that makes me a dedicated SWTOR player that loves the game, usually has nothing but good things to say about BioWare and its employees but now you are telling me that i would probably go out of my way to NOT level up and I am not a long-time player?

Dont know wether to laugh or cry ;)

I sympathize with your situation if that is in fact true, but you have to recognize that you're in the minority right? Not a big minority either, but a teeny weeny one. AND you're getting mad because you don't get something you wouldn't have had anyway.

Like I said earlier, changing it to "x" amount of time active would make more sense, but getting mad at them because you didn't get something you weren't expecting to get anyway is just unreal.

Hi, pre-order customer, CE in fact, been playing since launch, not Legacy 6. I am not alone.

Quite happy for Bioware to give rewards to those in the end-game but when that reward is worth real money they cant expect those of us who have paid the same and invested the same hours as those rewarded not to have grounds to be annoyed.

Not making a mountain out of a mole hill, still going to keep playing as I want to, still love the game, just saying we exist and have a right to be annoyed.

Hi, pre-order customer, CE in fact, been playing since launch, not Legacy 6. I am not alone.

Quite happy for Bioware to give rewards to those in the end-game but when that reward is worth real money they cant expect those of us who have paid the same and invested the same hours as those rewarded not to have grounds to be annoyed.

Not making a mountain out of a mole hill, still going to keep playing as I want to, still love the game, just saying we exist and have a right to be annoyed.

You have not invested the same hours as me or else you'd be legacy level 24, nevermind legacy level 6. I too am an altaholic, I too like to craft. I simply don't see how anyone could have NOT reached Legacy 6 unless its RL issues (which are hardly BWs fault) or some kind of RP thing (which is, once again, why "x" amount of time would make more sense--or do you guys keep skipping over that part of my post where I agree with you?)

Edited by Quantum_Icecube