The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

UI - Player Info Bar

Archimatt

I'm not at my computer right now, so I don't have access to the game for the actual name of the item. I apologies in advance for not having the correct name. Its the modifiable item that contains our avatar image, health bar, focus bar, & buff icons.

I logged in last night and went directly to the UI editing. I am so happy to finally have this. I spent over an hour customizing everthing to just the way I wanted, started playing with a group of guilds, and kept modifing along the way as I saw how my combat and interaction was effected by my initial choices. During this play time I got to a point that I realized that the position of the player info bar was not working out for me so I moved it where it made total sense while in combat for my play style. Well, then I really took notice that my player info bar looks like its floating, and that my buff icons were on the bottom, not the top. My thought was that no big deal, I can flip other things vertically, why not this. I was wrong, you can only flip horizontally... I was only a little annoyed. Then I switched to one of the preset UI settings and the player info bar had the buff icons on the top. Then the disheartening reality that I would have to use this setup and recostumize it all.

I belive this is one of those "duh" moments that the devs so happily joked about during the guild summit. This is just a small suggestion that this function be added to this element of the UI. Its practically there, we just need a check box.

Thank you.

For the player and target frames, there is a checkbox to move the buff icons from the default (top) to the bottom.

I would still like to see deeper customization of the layout for these frames. The movement of the name/level indicator to above the health bar (pre-1.2 they appeared below the respective portraits) really threw me off in initial play post-1.2 yesterday, especially as I tried to track buffs (which were now separated from the health bar by the name/level line).

For the player and target frames, there is a checkbox to move the buff icons from the default (top) to the bottom.

I would still like to see deeper customization of the layout for these frames. The movement of the name/level indicator to above the health bar (pre-1.2 they appeared below the respective portraits) really threw me off in initial play post-1.2 yesterday, especially as I tried to track buffs (which were now separated from the health bar by the name/level line).

Where? Is the problem with the preset UI I selected the issue then? I believe I switched the retro UI setup and modified from there. I swear the only option I had was to flip horizontal. Atleast that was last night... unless something changed today, which I doubt.