EA's bureaucracy slowing down BioWare?

AnoriOlko

I am curious, if anyone knows, how much does all the politics and business organizational decisions are slowing down TOR? Its obvious that EA, like any wayward corporation, lost sight of its objective and turned to merely profit seeking (as Blizzard is now going through, it seems).

Patch 1.2 took forever, offered so little, and was not even completely implemented. I find it so hard to believe that so little too so long. I suspect its the profit-focused overlords of EA that are slowing down BioWare, or perhaps worse, forcing BioWare to do"business as usual" with its MMO; offering superficial updates that seem cool, but loose their flare soon after implementation. Its hard to argue that the legacy system is not simply a tactic to get players to keep playing without real ingenuity or substance.

Edited by AnoriOlko

Patch 1.2 took forever, offered so little, and was not even completely implemented. I find it so hard to believe that so little too so long.

Based on my gaming experience, it is routine for both games and content updates to take longer than hoped/planned. This was true before EA's acquisition of Bioware and it will be true after the acquisition. In other words, EA's ownership of Bioware has nothing to do with this. Moreover, in the development of any complex system, no matter what the industry, it is much more common that things take longer and cost more than planned, rather than the other way around. This is true for construction projects, software development, launch of new aircraft types, you name it.

"Overlords" indeed. Next conspiracy theory, please.

Edited by Kthx

No doubt this patch was rushed out as the project deadline neared and the execs were getting ancy. To determine how much this will effect their customers they use a simple formula, if the cost of completing the update is higher then the expecting cancellations of rushing it out then it will be rushed. Unfortunately the higher ups never factor in word of mouth or customer loyalty. When this game came out I initially touted how awesome it was.However, I am no longer going to recommend this game to friends as it may make me look stupid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.