[Guide] 1.2 Dailies and PvE Gearing

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like what you do for the community round here, but i just have 1 issue with this post

what do you think you are doing telling people to ding 50 and buy Recruit gear??? that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard and i suggest anyone reading this to NOT buy Recruit gear UNLESS you are intending on doing PvP, please do not go in to HMs with this crap.

what she should be telling you is onec you hit 47 get back to Belsavis and start doing your dailies for the tokens and epic mod rewards buy the time to hit 50 you will be almost kited out, then all you need to do is pop over to the GTN and buy the rest, it will be ALOT cheaper.

this is exactly what i did at the weekend when my Operative hit 50 saturday night.

i implore you, DO NOT buy Recruit gear if you are headed in the PvE direction, its just terrible.

-snip-

Hopefully no one listens to this guy. For one, Recruit PVP gear is bound to be better than what fresh 50s will be wearing.

Two, using daily comms on level 51 mods is, frankly, a waste. Recruit gear is sufficient to beat the easier HM FPs or Story mode EV with a good group. Saving your comms for the earpiece and implants is a much smarter idea.

Very useful info. Hope this gets stickied.

u da man Supernova

I have always wondered what sticky is ? or who he is ? or what it does ?

I asked couple months ago as an absolute beginner but didnt get a reply so I thought it may be technical jargon

Your answer to a diffrent question sorted my Q.

Ta

Hopefully no one listens to this guy. For one, Recruit PVP gear is bound to be better than what fresh 50s will be wearing.

Two, using daily comms on level 51 mods is, frankly, a waste. Recruit gear is sufficient to beat the easier HM FPs or Story mode EV with a good group. Saving your comms for the earpiece and implants is a much smarter idea.

i neva said spend your daily coms on mods, i said get the mods from the heroic dailies. and i have been in plenty of HMs with people kitted out in full recruit gear and it neva ends, not once have i finished a HM (except BT) with people gear out in that, they just cant cope with it.

and easy HMs? hmm

Foundry = u aint getting passed HK47

BP = you aint getting last boss down

D7 = u aint getting passed Bulwuk

BoI = not getting passed the guy with adds

FE = you should be ok if u are competent enough

BT = eaz mode

dont even bother looking at the Rakghoul ones

if your guild is good enough rather than doing HMs you best of just going straight to EV + KP

this wasnt supposed to turn into a flame but pfft, some people...recruit gear is for pve and has no place in HMs, simple as that, and you should not be telling people otherwise.

like i said, other than the fact you promote recruit gear in PvE its a good post.

Edited by snowmon

like i said, other than the fact you promote recruit gear in PvE its a good post.

It's not a bad option.

Once again, it's a lot better than what fresh 50s will be wearing. I'm done the easier HMs (False Emperor, Maelstrom Prison) with the following composition:

Tank: some Recruit gear, some oranges with 50 mods

DPS 1: basically geared entirely from daily reward mods

Healer: ditto, but with Columi gloves (dropped from XRR-3 lol)

DPS 2: outright Recruit gear

We managed fine. If nothing else, Recruit can handily fill in gaps in your gearing to get you into HMs sooner.

Sadly I was going to buy some PvP gear when I got to 300k since my JG gear can't keep up with what is need for the planets, but It seems BioWare changed it during the last patch so you can only buy it with Commendations now. They purposely put weak mods on vendors so you only equip moderately well trying to force you to buy from crafters when the economy is crud because if you craft and can't do the dailys then you don't have the money to afford to buy. This is the 4th or 5th thing BioWare has messed me over with lately and I hate to be another one of "those", but it almost isn't even worth the effort of playing any more.

Edit: A friend said he could still see the gear so I'll have to see what is going on that I can't.

Edited by Sorwen

Any other way to play this game after 50? Apart from Roleplay if you don't want to GRIND gear?

Well... no. As with all games, content is finite.

You don't have to "grind" for gear though. You can easily gear up in normal EV.

Thank you for this guide OP. I have a friend in my guild that is nearing lvl 50 and I plan to walk him through dailies and getting geared. etc. so we can run them together. This will give him a nice read while he is at work. xD

I also posted a link to this thread on our guild forum help section. :csw_yoda:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Dulfy-

A very well written and understandable guide. I appreciate the hard work you obviously put in to do the research AND the clear and informative write up. I just hit 50 myself for the first time on my Marauder (started him at pre-launch = I am slooow) - your info here and at your blog kept me motivated after you have that "woot finished - oops, now what?" moment.

cheers and have a good day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...