Legacy armors = pointless!

foxiefroggy

Ok so legacy armor is some of the better looking armor in the game. When I saw it before the patch I really got my hopes up.

Then I get into game only to find out that it has no augment slot, you cant RE it so you cant crit craft it to get an augment slot, you have to have legacy level 20 for the good looking ones, it cost 100k plus a piece, and it can only be used by the class its made for so unless I want to make 5 SIs its sooooooo not worth it!

I mean I can get social armor for about 300 a piece that dose the same thing.

So I ask you whats the point?

Ok so legacy armor is some of the better looking armor in the game. When I saw it before the patch I really got my hopes up.

Then I get into game only to find out that it has no augment slot, you cant RE it so you cant crit craft it to get an augment slot, you have to have legacy level 20 for the good looking ones, it cost 100k plus a piece, and it can only be used by the class its made for so unless I want to make 5 SIs its sooooooo not worth it!

No point. It's fully optional. If you want it you get it if you think you can spend money somewhere else you do that instead.

You don't have to get social points on the low level character, you can just buy it with a higher level toon with access to more cash. The time it takes to get 100k as a level 50 can be measured in minutes.

It provides medium and heavy choices instead of just light, which is what all the social armor sets happen to be. This is vastly more useful for anyone that doesn't use light armor.

It's a whole lot cheaper for a couple slots (waist, wrists) than any other buyable item. Bonus: Those other choices should also come down in price since there's easy to get alternatives at a fixed price.

Lack of augment slot just means you can't min/max, it doesn't make the armour broken. Also, I found it to amazingly handy; finally those *********** profiteers on GTN that tries to sell me bracers/belts for 500K or more are now left to cry as I got such things for way less. Plus it also happens the belt I bought was my fav model of the currently available ones. Yay says I! :) Edited by Pscyon

I agree with you. I find it pointless other then the belt/bracers. I mean really between social armor, and crit crafting there are so many essayer/cheaper ways to get just as good, or better armor. All the other carrots on a stick/money sinks give something better, or you have to do to them keep playing. This one just gives you the same thing you can already get, but you have to work harder, and spend more for it.

Thats why I posted this in the suggestion box http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=404245

If you think I'm right be sure to give it a +1 as that the place we are most likely to be heard!

Thanks

KalinSword

The lack of an augment slot is disappointing, but I can't really complain about that.

I won't be buying the gear for my Shadow Consular, it's ugly like most Consular gear so I'll stick to BM/Columi/Rakata sets as it's the lesser of two evils. My Vanguard on the other hand looks fantastic. I love the Renowned look on her and I'm planning to keep using that gear even through endgame content. It has everything I wanted my Trooper to have. I found it was worth the credits.

I'm even a bit partial to the Exalted gear for Marauder, but I'm sure there are just as nice looking gear there, like Battle Instructor, but I'm so pleased with Trooper that it doesn't bother me if my other 3 (I have a very low level Agent) that it doesn't bother me there isn't anything I'd get for my others.

Edited by SaberBladeUK

I thought this was weird as well. Went to the legacy class vendors last night to check it out after getting my inheritance construction kit. All the inheritance weapons are decent for their level, but they're not orange, so what's the point? Every class gets an orange weapon when they pick their AC, so by the time the alt you want to give it to meets the level requirement you've most likely got better mods anyway. From the looks of things, I'll use those vendors to get the orange belts/bracers, since they're cheaper than the GTN, but that's about it. Maybe I'm missing something in how it's supposed to work?

Look at the level of the armor. It's made to buy and give to your alts.

what kinda baffled me is that it is made for specific classes and it is bind to legacy. that's only useful if you decide to level the same class a second time.

hey, i can buy a legacy assault cannon so that i can give it to a second commando? huh?

Or you can buy it with your JK to give to your ONLY commando...? I don't believe buying the armor is restricted by class.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Lack of augment slot just means you can't min/max, it doesn't make the armour broken. Also, I found it to amazingly handy; finally those *********** profiteers on GTN that tries to sell me bracers/belts for 500K or more are now left to cry as I got such things for way less. Plus it also happens the belt I bought was my fav model of the currently available ones. Yay says I! :)

Lack of ability to use armor (that you have access to) purely for its looks, independent of stats, is broken. In a modern game, that is.

Look at the level of the armor. It's made to buy and give to your alts.

But its still cheaper, and essayer to get crit crafted armor around the same level for them. at lest around the same level as the armors you need Legacy level 20 to buy.

Or you can buy it with your JK to give to your ONLY commando...? I don't believe buying the armor is restricted by class.

true enough, but if being legacy is only for the convenience of purchasing the item, why should i bother buying a legacy assault cannon. my level 50 could just buy any crafted item from the GTN, and i don't need a token to do that.

the concept is great but the implementation is lacking. "bind to legacy" implies that i would use the same item for multiple characters. if that same "mainhand weapon" morphed to a blaster when i send it to my powertech, and a polesaber when i send it to my shadow, that could also make them quite useful even without scaling stats.

Lack of ability to use armor (that you have access to) purely for its looks, independent of stats, is broken. In a modern game, that is.

So you're unable to use armour because it doesn't have an augment slot. I see, that makes perfect sense...

So you're unable to use armour because it doesn't have an augment slot. I see, that makes perfect sense...

It really dose. I mean think about it if you really want to be your best, and be competitive (Something most people in MMOs try to be) why would you grind up your Legacy level, AND spend hundreds of thousands of credits on an armor that will never let you be your best when you could just buy/make some crit crafted armor for a 10th of the price, and no grind?

...i will buy the legacy armor just because i think it looks good,you know the jedi plate...you must remember that lots of people like to spend lots of time gazing at their armors...i dont care much about how usefull they are.i'll never change my handcrafted armors...but when im taking screenshots i want my jedi knight to wear that nice legacy plate armor.

If there is no trooper in the group for an HM FP/OPS and trooper token droped. Exchange that token. Extract all the mods put mods on the (same slot) legacy item from trooper class vendor. Send it through mail to your trooper alt.DO the same to other slots. Now you have full tier trooper minus set bonuses, even if that alt is fresh 50. You can do this even if your main is a smuggler,consular and or knight and vice versa.

It really dose. I mean think about it if you really want to be your best, and be competitive (Something SOME people in MMOs try to be) why would you grind up your Legacy level, AND spend hundreds of thousands of credits on an armor that will never let you be your best when you could just buy/make some crit crafted armor for a 10th of the price, and no grind?

corrected for false assumption