SWTOR going f2p?

Nidums

Ah the how young the game is excuse. I remember that being flown around in Warhammer and Aion...how did those two games turn out?

At a time when you have two big games coming out Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3, this is no time for big mistakes from Bioware.

Once again .. D3 .. a game that's delayed ... delayed ... delayed ... pulled apart and still has crap graphics and will prob be delayed again ..

Guildwars 2 ... a MMO that is quite nice looking ... yet is going to have the same issues this is if not more ..

A failed retort is just that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should with the amount of **** that's happening and how bad the game is right now.

While this is anecdotal evidence, there was a ~50% increase in players on Fleet last night on my server (179 vs. ~110).

If a day down because of problems after a big patch meant a game needed to be free - every MMO would be free.

Free play generally means a drastically lower maturity level and a large number of players that don't give a crap about the game or fellow players. I've seen that on DDO and LOTRO and EQ2. Granted DDO had to do it because the game was dead otherwise.

The door isn't all THAT heavy - go free play and I won't worry that much about my posterior as I depart.

you got any data to back up that speculation ?

Open your eyes. Even though I kind of like SWTOR it's obvious that the game is not as busy as it should be for the type of MMORPG they created. I can see it going F2P if improvements aren't made.

I've been playing WoW since vanilla :| and yea I've never seen anything so bad.

Lies. 1 BG. lvl cap 30. new bugs daily. they had servers down for DAYS at a time. AV at release was terrible. MC more so. it took them 3 years to get past WSG, AB an AV. Don't try to make WoW seem like it came out of the box perfect. this game, in terms of content, is years ahead of where WoW was. the problem is they have to follow WoW and the gaming community expects too much too fast. so either quit or don't. overall this game is more fun than wow with a better story, the bugs they can fix. whining player base they cannot.

There were servers that you could not access for DAYS at a time when WoW launched. Literally more than 24 consecutive hours. This unscheduled maintenance will be completely forgotten next week and folks will be back to crying for nerfs.

The Old Republic is not going F2P in the near future, no.

Open your eyes. Even though I kind of like SWTOR it's obvious that the game is not as busy as it should be for the type of MMORPG they created. I can see it going F2P if improvements aren't made.

You have to wait quite a few years for that then.

Everyone I talk to said that while this game is not bad, they would not pay a monthly fee for it.

I agree (this game was a gift for me)

If it had no monthly fee but just buy to play like Guild Wars, I'd have no issue with this game.

But with all these bugs and lack of common MMO features and other issues I personally believe, its hard to justify that 15 dollars a month.

I call BS I have 37 days of Free time added to my account for the first year of wow from Frostwolf being down and unable to be played on. So clearly you were a very late vanilla player.

I've been playing swtor on the side for awhile now I'm still playing World of Warcraft that I enjoy and I must admit has never managed to do something this bad. So I don't mind quiting thx.

But apparently you DO mind. You're still sitting here, crying on the forums, trying to justify why people should believe in the cause for you quitting.

By all means: Show them how you feel with your wallet, your words have little to no effect as most of us just look at all the QQ posts as gibberish at this point. From what I have learned in my experience with this game anyways.

Lies. 1 BG. lvl cap 30. new bugs daily. they had servers down for DAYS at a time. AV at release was terrible. MC more so. it took them 3 years to get past WSG, AB an AV. Don't try to make WoW seem like it came out of the box perfect. this game, in terms of content, is years ahead of where WoW was. the problem is they have to follow WoW and the gaming community expects too much too fast. so either quit or don't. overall this game is more fun than wow with a better story, the bugs they can fix. whining player base they cannot.

The community does not expect too much too fast.

WoW was basically a case study for how to do an mmo. They knew they had to have certain features and a certain amount of content to make everyone happy.

SWTOR had a pretty painless launch, but suffered from a severe lack of content and a bad game engine due to EA rushing the game.

EA short term greed may have harmed this game as badly as it harmed WAR a few short years ago.