Shadow/Tankasins LOL

Ravenolf

So I am full BM and yesterday with the release of 1.2 and no nerf for Shadow/Tankasins, they destroy me in 1v1 every time. Shadow/Tankasins are way better than any other class. They have great single target dps and with their defensive abilities, they have more durability than any other class.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am full BM and yesterday with the release of 1.2 and no nerf for Shadow/Tankasins, they destroy me in 1v1 every time. Shadow/Tankasins are way better than any other class. They have great single target dps and with their defensive abilities, they have more durability than any other class.

We told Bioware this multiple times prior to 1.2.

They chose to ignore it.

1v1 classes in order of dominance

1. Agent/Smug

2. Shadow/Tankasins

3. Gunslinger/Sniper (People will laugh at this, but good pvpers rock this class, they just aren't numerous)

4. Mara/Sent

Assuming they are all played by good pvp's

Edited by Ravenolf

I don't know what exactly they did, but yeah, tank spec is totally worthless right now. Before 1.2, I felt like I could actually tank in PvP, use guard on teammates, stay alive to prevent objectives from being taken while my teammates respawn, etc... Now, I just drop like a fly as if I'm not even wearing armor. It's ridiculous, and so frustrating that I don't even want to play this game anymore.

This whole update has been such a huge letdown and the worst part is that I just starting PvPing a couple of weeks before 1.2 and was having a lot of fun doing warzones with friends (win or lose, we were having a good time and it was challenging). Now it's just a lopsided DPS-fest with far too much reliance on expertise; barely a step above your every day mindless shooter. Then to rub salt in the wound, you get totally hosed on rewards unless your team wins, regardless of how well you did; which just makes it that much harder of a time getting the equipment you need to at least survive for more than 10 seconds.

Absolutely awful, Bioware.

Edited by Legendari

1v1 classes in order of dominance

1. Agent/Smug

2. Shadow/Tankasins

3. Gunslinger/Sniper (People will laugh at this, but good pvpers rock this class, they just aren't numerous)

4. Mara/Sent

Assuming they are all played by good pvp's

Er...where does Pyrotech and Assault VG rank?

Peeps, especially Light armor users are getting melted by Mars/Sents.

Maybe you should raise one.

Edited by matekwong

stop crying about tank assassins in damage gear... bioware have ignored you , for a reason.. go get some pvp skills. if you can't counter a class like assassin you have no place in pvp envirements.. take a look at marauders/sents.

I don't know what exactly they did, but yeah, tank spec is totally worthless right now. Before 1.2, I felt like I could actually tank in PvP, use guard on teammates, stay alive to prevent objectives from being taken while my teammates respawn, etc... Now, I just drop like a fly as if I'm not even wearing armor. It's ridiculous, and so frustrating that I don't even want to play this game anymore.

This whole update has been such a huge letdown and the worst part is that I just starting PvPing a couple of weeks before 1.2 and was having a lot of fun doing warzones with friends (win or lose, we were having a good time and it was challenging). Now it's just a lopsided DPS-fest with far too much reliance on expertise; barely a step above your every day mindless shooter. Then to rub salt in the wound, you get totally hosed on rewards unless your team wins, regardless of how well you did; which just makes it that much harder of a time getting the equipment you need to at least survive for more than 10 seconds.

I only played a few matches and it didn't seem that bad. I didn't even have a single piece of BM gear and I still got around the same numbers in terms of damage and protection that I had before. I did die a little faster but it was minimal, my protection numbers were fine and even factoring in the more frequent deaths and the time it takes to respawn and run back I could still easily get to 50k prot if the match lasted 10 minutes or so.

If anything hopefully it will require people to use their cooldowns more effectively. Too many tanks I see are just awful, all they do is slap guard on a random person and then go DPS.

Hahahaha... you're doing something wrong buddy, for one, as a tankassin, my teammates see how much worth I add to the wins besides kill numbers and award me more mvp votes. Second, as someone pointed out, should u really be rewarded for losing? A lot of people expect everything handed to them and walk with an air of entitlement. They made battlemaster gear ridiculously easy to get now (before one bm comm = 4000 wz comms). Third, I see my toon completely opposite of you, Im more battle effective.

stop crying about tank assassins in damage gear... bioware have ignored you , for a reason.. go get some pvp skills. if you can't counter a class like assassin you have no place in pvp envirements.. take a look at marauders/sents.

Yes working as intented let me guess you play sin/shadow as a main...

Ravenolf;3899121]So I am full BM and yesterday with the release of 1.2 and no nerf for Shadow/Tankasins, they destroy me in 1v1 every time. Shadow/Tankasins are way better than any other class. They have great single target dps and with their defensive abilities, they have more durability than any other class.

LMAO! Here we go!! Get some beer and breakout the popcorn!

Edited by kornbredd

Trying to deflect attention from maras/sents by pointing out another hilariously OP spec/class won't work, you know.

Edit: nevermind, saw that some guy was ranking 1v1s, LOL.

Edited by durvas

^^What he said.

I suppose a better question is why was he even trying to 1v1 as a tank in the first place. Your job as a tank is to guard team mates or absorb damage. As shadow/assassin if you are alone your job is to find someone to guard and stay near them or find a group of enemies and use aoe/control abilities on them.

Tank spec was never good for 1v1 to begin with.

Bull.

DPS assassins are squishy, my friend.

Sure, they can hit for massive ammounts of burst DPS, doesn't mean you need to nerf an already squishie class.

LOL i am full tank gear and tank spec. i am in no freakin way ROFLSTOMPIN PEOPLE.

Easy fix, tank tree = no dps gear. i love that idea. if i want to dps, i do other 2 trees not tank trees. Bioware should be able to fix gear sets for that i would think.

But i do see your point with Tank spec and DPS gear. its out of hand.

I only played a few matches and it didn't seem that bad. I didn't even have a single piece of BM gear and I still got around the same numbers in terms of damage and protection that I had before. I did die a little faster but it was minimal, my protection numbers were fine and even factoring in the more frequent deaths and the time it takes to respawn and run back I could still easily get to 50k prot if the match lasted 10 minutes or so.

If anything hopefully it will require people to use their cooldowns more effectively. Too many tanks I see are just awful, all they do is slap guard on a random person and then go DPS.

I don't think the point of the class it to just follow people around and be an HP reserve for them either, though. Any moron can go guard players who are getting focused and get 50k protection and a bunch of deaths. Before 1.2, I could end a game at the top of the medals chart being first in protection, having decent damage, and having died maybe only once or twice (or maybe no times at all, thanks to smart use of Force Cloak). Tank-spec assassins are very good at interrupting healers/casters and keeping them shut down while their teammates DPS them. They WERE also very good at soaking up damage and having great survivability for objective-based warzones. You sacrificed your DPS to be able to play this way, but it was still a very versatile class, which is why it WAS fun to play.

It sounds like you either have not played enough to encounter the real issues, or you're on a faction that has the numbers and/or plenty of healers. As somebody who spent the last couple weeks playing PvP heavily and doing really well, the change was blatantly obvious within my first few warzones after 1.2.