Any other Pyro...

armyfreed

Feel like your RAPIN now.. I mean I melt healers faces now... lol.. Although I am the old build Exphyrl had I think i may go 31 point... but My god its night and day now.. I can actually melt healers.. and maras now to.. lol.. they TRY to get close to me lol.. :D Edited by armyfreed

I'm still tryin to Crit craft the GD war Hero gear ><

I used my Operative since Ensign temple has built in Armormech Crit.

I haven't purchased the Ship Droid parts yet so I'm sure he'ls a good substitute if you have the gifts to raise his affection up

I'm in all BM except boots at relic and I am not seeing the crit numbers on rail shot like I was before. I have not modded any of my gear, but I will be doing it this weekend. I am using a 4/6/31 build, but if someone wants to link me something else to try I am open for that. As far as killing people it's close to before, but wondering if the crit numbers I usually see are down due to expertise.

Feel like your RAPIN now.. I mean I melt healers faces now... lol.. Although I am the old build Exphyrl had I think i may go 31 point... but My god its night and day now.. I can actually melt healers.. and maras now to.. lol.. they TRY to get close to me lol.. :D

This!

om 8-6-27 and im doing better then i did before it feels like!

im going to try 5/5/31 build soon

note: is the 15% crit Bonus for Railshot worth losing for augment slotted Warhero gear with BM mods?

I'm still trying to find a good position for my action bars since i have to stare at them now to know when RS procs.

I want my chuckle back :(

Make one bar into just carrying railshot and probably 1-2 other significant cooldowns you often use and put this close to your toon with just the one or few buttons. Scale it so that you got it in your sights most of the time. I know its not as good as a cooldown pulse type of addon but at least you now see the cooldown on it and if youre able to fire it off. Only real drawback is that you will loose some button space :)

Im running 31 in pyro and perfecting TD with back to back railshots. Its fairly easy to time and will kill just about anything. All the hysteria about the 6 sec ICD was unwarrented. Pyro is still completely legit

The problem with the internal cd is that on the flipside you still have the same percentages to trigger the railshot. So its still a gamble to trigger the free one while there is NO possibility to reverse the fortune anymore in getting a bunch of misses and then followup by a bunch of hits where you actually trigger the free shot and are able to vent a bit of heat aswell incase the target is burning.

Right now you cannot even gamble properly. Because there is no risk vs reward setting. There is only risk without reward. A PT that is overheating now with the internal CD is either close to dying anyways or an idiot :)

Edited by Sheduur

The reason you feel that you are doing better is probably because you are in BM gear ( 20% extra damage to players ) and going against cent / champ people ( 10% bonus dmg ) .... My dmg was lowererd in the patch since I don't have BM yet :p ....

I still **** people on my marauder tho ^^

I'm not sure how, because I didn't see any patch notes to indicate that I should be, but I certainly FEEL more powerful now than I did two days ago. I went from being a pretty good DPS to being a brutal one with my 5/5/21 (sub 50) build. I can't imagine this will stand for long, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. Edited by DavidRHall

I'm in all BM except boots at relic and I am not seeing the crit numbers on rail shot like I was before. I have not modded any of my gear, but I will be doing it this weekend. I am using a 4/6/31 build, but if someone wants to link me something else to try I am open for that. As far as killing people it's close to before, but wondering if the crit numbers I usually see are down due to expertise.

^This.

I have seen a drop in railshot crit damage after patch. Pre 1.2 I was hitting 4k-4.5k a crit. Post 1.2 I'm down to 3k-3.3k(I had one 3.5k last night).

I upgraded from Champion earpiece and legs to BM since patch, and spec is just about the same as damage talents go. I'm wearing all BM gear except for generator,pistol and relic(Which are Champ pieces). Was there a ninja nerf on RS? Comments? Explanations?

Sitting at 1001 Exp. which is approx 19.30% Bonus damage. And popping power relic, with exp wz pickup and 25%+ crit boost only nets me low 3,000's. Like I said, pre patch that would get me 4-4.5k. No clue...

PRE 1.2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMs0MZfGMrzGhMs.1

POST 1.2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMsbZfhrrzGhMs.1

Probably surge nerf thus less dmg on crits? I am not 100% sure but I think my surge rating took quite a hit. I am now at around 77% surge and pre-1.2 I guess it was at around 90%. But dont nail me on the cross if my numbers are off, I just recently resubbed and cant remember 100% for sure :)

If I am not mistaken they said that they were adjusting quite a few of the internal formulas for 1.2 and it would be too much to list in patch notes so they did not state what excactly they changed about it.

^This.

I have seen a drop in railshot crit damage after patch. Pre 1.2 I was hitting 4k-4.5k a crit. Post 1.2 I'm down to 3k-3.3k(I had one 3.5k last night).

I upgraded from Champion earpiece and legs to BM since patch, and spec is just about the same as damage talents go. I'm wearing all BM gear except for generator,pistol and relic(Which are Champ pieces). Was there a ninja nerf on RS? Comments? Explanations?

Sitting at 1001 Exp. which is approx 19.30% Bonus damage. And popping power relic, with exp wz pickup and 25%+ crit boost only nets me low 3,000's. Like I said, pre patch that would get me 4-4.5k. No clue...

PRE 1.2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMs0MZfGMrzGhMs.1

POST 1.2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMsbZfhrrzGhMs.1

I noticed you are still taking power armor for 2% dmg decrease. You really think that is worth it when you play a burst class? You could throw that into Hot Iron

It's about the same for me... I was a glass cannon pre-1.2 and I still am post-patch. Just less frequent RS procs.

Full BM armor, MH and Earpiece with 2 x Rakata implants and the Champion OH.

I'm interested to know if people have put back in their Power/Surge enhancements after receiving the upgraded BM gear, and whether the lack of the extra expertise in the new BM enhancements has made a difference.

It's about the same for me... I was a glass cannon pre-1.2 and I still am post-patch. Just less frequent RS procs.

Full BM armor, MH and Earpiece with 2 x Rakata implants and the Champion OH.

I'm interested to know if people have put back in their Power/Surge enhancements after receiving the upgraded BM gear, and whether the lack of the extra expertise in the new BM enhancements has made a difference.

Yes, old Power Surge work wonders.

I still sit around 20% Expertise. (not really that big of a loss)