Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

Because they pumped over $300 million to make the game and were all fuzzy over their voice acting.

In return, they have servers that are dead. The servers that aren't soon will be.

Oh look an expert with a crystal ball!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself.

My sith is the most dangerous kind of sith... the calm, thinking kind. I don't rage. I calculate and execute with precision.

For instance, I calculated beforehand that this patch may turn out to have a few bugs, like many patches do in MMOs. I also calculate not that BW will have this problem fixed as soon as possible, and the game will be all the better for it. I now execute a plan of quiet understanding and patience.

I'm more the cunning, deadly sith type. :cool:

you sound more like a jedi :eek:

Speak for yourself.

My sith is the most dangerous kind of sith... the calm, thinking kind. I don't rage. I calculate and execute with precision.

For instance, I calculated beforehand that this patch may turn out to have a few bugs, like many patches do in MMOs. I also calculate not that BW will have this problem fixed as soon as possible, and the game will be all the better for it. I now execute a plan of quiet understanding and patience.

I'm more the cunning, deadly sith type. :cool:

My Sorc is still thrilled he can pwn on PvE, according to last night anyway. We Inquisitors foresaw this fluster cuck coming, at least this one did.

Nope wont quit. I am a tid bit frustrated with BioWare. BUT! Not even enough to give up on them now.

Overall I have a lot of fun with this game. Huttball is awesome but needs more arena's. The stories are awesome.

I don't like the PVP ranks they are coming out with it only serves to create an imbalance between players.

BioWare has made several mistakes in implementing this game and most are from ignorance, bottom line their new dev's just don't know what they are doing.

But I have faith still that BioWare will place a smart person in place to fix and teach thew staff how to do things smart and correctly.

Is this another Ilum? It may be, but they caught it fast and are fixing it. They gave people free gameplay. What more can you ask of a reputable company?

I love the game, I want the problems fixed, I still am patient, but that will only be if BioWare does the right things fro m here out and learn from this mistake.

No more Ilums. Let people copy their characters to the test server so we can actually test these things out before you implement them.

Because you hear people saying, "weren't you there for (add game here)". This isn't new and it SHOULDN'T be happening at all. It's like nobody said, "hey, how about we NOT do this... (add screw up here)".

It's amatuerish, and means that it is being run by incompetents who didn't learn from the other MMO's/games.

Firefly is awesome!! Babylon 5 rocks also.

Those series and the Stargate series are the only reason I am keeping my Netflix sub since they lost the contract with Starz... there movies suck/are nonexistent ( new ones )

They have quite a great selection of Sci-Fi TV series though.

Perfect for times like these!

people should quit their whining. At least the Americans get 30 days free, while the rest of us put up with the drama without bribe

Not all us Americans get that bribe either. The other requirement is that you have to have a level 50 character.

I get to reinstall the client as the patcher is FUBAR on my system due to today's update... Rollback, or whatever the hell it is.

Not all us Americans get that bribe either. The other requirement is that you have to have a level 50 character.

I get to reinstall the client as the patcher is FUBAR on my system due to today's update... Rollback, or whatever the hell it is.

Always blaming us.

you sound more like a jedi :eek:

Nah. Jedi don't kill. They're also not power hungry or deceitful. My sith is a murderer, power hungry, and a liar when he needs to be. And he's light sided!

Guess you never can tell anymore. lol

How many man hours do you think have gone into this? Several years, multiple months in beta, four months in live...

And they still can't do anything right.

Just curious, Bioware, but are you just picking random homeless people off the street to apply your patches for you?

You spent all this money on a game that..doesn't work. Even when it sorta works alright, it only lasts for about a day until one of your idiots goes and messes with something they don't need to, and then breaks the game for the umpteenth time.

There is honestly no valid excuse for this. After the first or second time you 'accidentally' break the game and need it to be down for 12 hours, sure, as long as they are well spaced out over a reasonable amount of time, it's alright. I understand. Stuff happens.

When it's every other week for FOUR MONTHS STRAIGHT. Then you just need to stop. Your game doesn't work. Stop wasting all our time and money.

Make a product that works, or take it off the market.

Growing pains. Be patient folks!

People saying that the game should be F2P, or that they're unsubbing or quitting aren't helping anything at all. Constructive criticism/feedback will help this game get better.

Go ahead and leave... I'd rather play with the loyal people anyways.

GAH!!! ...I really wanted to play today before work, as I'm someone who just got into the game AND just found my main class. Just hope it's back up and running properly by the time I get home tonight. I will say this, however: this isn't the first nor the only MMO that goes all jacked up after a major update. I play WoW too, and even they still flub up from time to time. I enjoy this game, and I hope Bioware gets it together, so I'm not gonna even sit here and pretend to hate it so much that I just HAD to post on the forum, lol.

You're honestly not comparing this game with WOW are you? I've been playing WOW since US beta and there's a reason for it.

Sure, WOW has had it's downs but what this game has to offer breaks every record. Let's see if I can summarize my point of view:

I have 2 level 50 characters abandoned on an empty server with no way to move them to a more populated server. Only solution: reroll somewhere else.

I wanted to reroll on another server this week because it's easter holiday and I have the time. But...

Wednesday: oops, sorry. we made a mistake. please download 11 gig client again.

Thursday: we are applying patch 1.2 smack in the middle of the day (europe). Please check back in 8 hours.

Friday: we are applying a patch to patch the patch smack in the middle of the day. Please check back in 4 hours.

Friday (bonus): we screwed up the patch to patch the patch. Please check back in 8 hours.

Do you honestly think this is worth 15€ per month? Do you honestly think that I have no right to form a complaint because this is an MMO and these kind of things happen with MMO's?

Maybe I would take this crap if SWTOR actually was an MMO. But with 10 players in fleet at peek times on my server it hardly qualifies.

But I'm a whiner that has never played MMO's and should do something else during downtime. Well, I have for the last 3 days. I've played WOW and had fun. Thanks BW, but no thanks.

We do it to ourselves. Can you imagine a car company releasing a car that every model had to be recalled the day after they all arrived at the dealership, because it was suddenly using twice as much gas as advertised, and hundreds of thousands of models got sold. That company would probably be out of business, save a government bailout.

We players continue to not only give them money, but continue to play the game. We take the car in for recall, get it fixed, wasting a day, only to find out now the dashboard gauges don't work, and they can't get you into fix it for six weeks because of backlog.

...and since when did your gameplay down time start affecting how much working time you lost...? ...Since you let it.

I agree that this isn't great, but its not like you NEVER have to take your car in for repairs. The only difference here is that everybody's car gets repaired at the same time. It will still have several times that number of hours of good usability.

How many man hours do you think have gone into this? Several years, multiple months in beta, four months in live...

And they still can't do anything right.

Just curious, Bioware, but are you just picking random homeless people off the street to apply your patches for you?

You spent all this money on a game that..doesn't work. Even when it sorta works alright, it only lasts for about a day until one of your idiots goes and messes with something they don't need to, and then breaks the game for the umpteenth time.

There is honestly no valid excuse for this. After the first or second time you 'accidentally' break the game and need it to be down for 12 hours, sure, as long as they are well spaced out over a reasonable amount of time, it's alright. I understand. Stuff happens.

When it's every other week for FOUR MONTHS STRAIGHT. Then you just need to stop. Your game doesn't work. Stop wasting all our time and money.

Make a product that works, or take it off the market.

Have you ever made an MMO before?

Didn't think so.