The 1.2 Failure opinion Post,Tell them why your mad!

GodKilla

Scrubs will be scrubs. They will complain until the end of time because they can't evolve their gaming skills.

/sign

the only thing i really hate right now is that pvp is even more commendation grind lol

except for some crafted stuff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With PvP I think its pretty clear what the problem is. Ranked wz comms and no ranked warzones. A tier of pvp gear that is just a grind to keep pvpers playing the grind.

More medals, same progression. Healers nerfed? I was in wz's with healers and had 2 or 3 zero death matches and was in some insane matches with healers.

I wonder what exactly was so special? A new map that is the turrets sideways?

I didn't run the new FP, but did start the conversation. Which was bugged. None speech and unmoving voices, followed by a dialogue option. (Gunslinger).

The icons are changed. Again. My skill points where refunded. Nothing changed for my build, except now as a GS I have a never ending supply of energy.

I had top DPS on at least 2-3 occassions last night with the normal pug crowd. That was new, but showed me how much nerfing other classes got.

sorry but this piss poor incarnation of pvp has gone from poor at best to...abysmal.

at this piont i thi nk there outright lies are reaching class actionable status....any l;awyers about?

lol, yes. I just... okay, how about you give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

So far my experience with PvP has been fun. The only times I have to wonder about are the players who are only out for the "1-on-1 screw the team and who cares if the team wins, just as long as I got mines" type. To many times I have seen where a simple defend a couple turrets turns into a loss because half the team wonders off to battle at the third turret.

The other part is a bit more, well, don't take this the wrong way please, but it seems some might have hacked the system. I say MIGHT because I am not exactly an expert, but when a marauder seems to heal in a major regenerative way with no healers about and seemingly no use of a heal pack, one wonders. Also it seems that there are a few knife users that have an auto stun blade that never needs cool down.

On the other end of the spectrum I have seen a few Sith Warriors who act as a team, using the choke like a timed chain. Nice. Great strategy. Yeah, even if it is me on the recieving end, still, nice.

So my only problem with PvP is that many players do not seem to understand it is a TEAM effort, not just a me effort.

the only ppl you see that are happy about 1.2 are the baddies that pre 1.2 where getting rolled by ppl like me and other hardcore pvp'er ,and i bet if you search hard enough the same once's have posted about nerfing other classes cause they felt violated by the r4pe they endured in wz's and where scared that with the release of ranked they had no standing chance and knowing that it was pulled out was a rear end pain relief,wonder why bioware is giving out 30 days free to all players ,cause lol they got hammered by canceled subs almost 65% of the hardcore pvp player base canceled subs and many filled charge backs on the CC's lol i wonder what the bioware panic button will shuck out next to keep ppl playing....

This is what Bioware Fears the most http://feature.mmosite.com/upcoming_onlinegame/

LOL!

Edited by GodKilla

well i see your a pve'r and you dont care about pvp and maybe a baddie and have no pvp skill,yes im in this to show momy my skills in owning ppl like you,i want ranked for the simple reason that i dont pve and all i do all day is pvp and ranked WZ's was the only thing me and my entire guild of face rapers where waiting for to own and keep moving forward with tournaments etc but i guess you dont know anything about that cause you migth be focused on the pve aspect of the game,and about it being broken is that a joke?,you know how much broken **** is already ingame on live server lol,get your facts right buddy...

PvE is a joke, the only time I PvE is while leveling. When I play, I PvP. I don't see how you inferred me wanting better open world PvP as liking PvE.

I remember playing MMOs and not having to decide, I want to enter an 8v8 match, know exactly when people are going to attack me, and have no negative effects for dying. I would much rather be allowed to just play the game, see someone I want to kill, and fight them. I prefer open world PvP, I apologize if that is a terrible thing. In SWG, you would defend your town from being destroyed from the opposite faction or guild you warred. In EQ you got ganked leveling and actually got penalties for it. Heck, even the simple browser based Runescape had you lost all but your 3 most expensive items when you died.

In this game, all there is to do is que up, do a warzone, rinse, repeat. That gets old quick, and that is why people are whining so much. I fail to see how adding yet another grind to that will make it any better (There is already the gear grind). It is still the same four warzones you stand on the fleet to que up for. Only now you HAVE to do them to keep your rank up.

I'd love to hear logical points for Ranked Warzones. Say you are competitive, say that you are in an awesome PvP guild and want to show off, hell say you want to impress your ingame girlfriend for all I care. All you have said so far is "I'm mad". I told you the reasons I don't care and what I would like to see instead, and I get called a PvEr for them. I don't understand any reason for ranked warzones, why do you like them?

But all that above is a joke. Yes, obviously because I want real PvP content and open world PvP I am a PvEr. In no way do I want PvP to be fun, becuase then if it were fun I would have to do it, and I am a PvE carebear who plays on a PvE server and never toggles my PvP flag on. /endsarcasm

the only ppl you see that are happy about 1.2 are the baddies that pre 1.2 where getting rolled by ppl like me and other hardcore pvp'er ,and i bet if you search hard enough the same once's have posted about nerfing other classes cause they felt violated by the r4pe they endured in wz's and where scared that with the release of ranked they had no standing chance and knowing that it was pulled out was a rear end pain relief,wonder why bioware is giving out 30 days free to all players ,cause lol they got hammered by canceled subs almost 65% of the hardcore pvp player base canceled subs and many filled charge backs on the CC's lol i wonder what the bioware panic button will shuck out next to keep ppl playing....

LOL!

The reason why they give the lvl 50 players 30 days free play time, is because those are the ones that had to grind their butts of to get their PvP gear sets complete and are now the ones getting laughed in the face for it, because it's so much easier to get the same gear now. Just saying.

So you say people happy about 1.2 are bad? O_o

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Since now you actually have to be good to get rewards in PvP, shouldn't the baddies be sad about the changes since they don't get any rewards anymore cuz they so bad? O_o

Anyway. The 'nerf' wasn't really a nerf anyways, except maybe for the healers. But since everyone got a little bit of it, it actually doesn't even make that big of a difference XD People who are good, are still good, adept and move on. That's how easy it is for them. The bad players are still bad and try to hide that behind complaining that it was the big bad nerf that made them suck...it's always the same.

I'm so bored, servers aren't up T_T I want to do some WZs before having to work >.>

PvE is a joke, the only time I PvE is while leveling. When I play, I PvP. I don't see how you inferred me wanting better open world PvP as liking PvE.

I remember playing MMOs and not having to decide, I want to enter an 8v8 match, know exactly when people are going to attack me, and have no negative effects for dying. I would much rather be allowed to just play the game, see someone I want to kill, and fight them. I prefer open world PvP, I apologize if that is a terrible thing. In SWG, you would defend your town from being destroyed from the opposite faction or guild you warred. In EQ you got ganked leveling and actually got penalties for it. Heck, even the simple browser based Runescape had you lost all but your 3 most expensive items when you died.

In this game, all there is to do is que up, do a warzone, rinse, repeat. That gets old quick, and that is why people are whining so much. I fail to see how adding yet another grind to that will make it any better (There is already the gear grind). It is still the same four warzones you stand on the fleet to que up for. Only now you HAVE to do them to keep your rank up.

I'd love to hear logical points for Ranked Warzones. Say you are competitive, say that you are in an awesome PvP guild and want to show off, hell say you want to impress your ingame girlfriend for all I care. All you have said so far is "I'm mad". I told you the reasons I don't care and what I would like to see instead, and I get called a PvEr for them. I don't understand any reason for ranked warzones, why do you like them?

But all that above is a joke. Yes, obviously because I want real PvP content and open world PvP I am a PvEr. In no way do I want PvP to be fun, becuase then if it were fun I would have to do it, and I am a PvE carebear who plays on a PvE server and never toggles my PvP flag on. /endsarcasm

is simple 8v8 q'ing mean you can grp with guildies and have a more controlled pvp experience knowing that your team knows whats going on instead of getting some pve noobs that will just quit and dont know squat of whats going on,ranked means aswell you can create tournaments with other guilds 8v8 to see who has the most skills,talk about repeat grinds look at ppl doing stupid HM's and FP's over and over again and they think they are the best cause they kill the same NPC over 100 times now thats a grind,but in pvp all changes cause is another human player making sudden decisions that you have to counter act to survive thats why so many ppl wanted 8v8 q's,Open world pvp in this game is a joke so the only thing to look forward to was Ranked WZ's...

The reason why they give the lvl 50 players 30 days free play time, is because those are the ones that had to grind their butts of to get their PvP gear sets complete and are now the ones getting laughed in the face for it, because it's so much easier to get the same gear now. Just saying.

So you say people happy about 1.2 are bad? O_o

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Since now you actually have to be good to get rewards in PvP, shouldn't the baddies be sad about the changes since they don't get any rewards anymore cuz they so bad? O_o

Anyway. The 'nerf' wasn't really a nerf anyways, except maybe for the healers. But since everyone got a little bit of it, it actually doesn't even make that big of a difference XD People who are good, are still good, adept and move on. That's how easy it is for them. The bad players are still bad and try to hide that behind complaining that it was the big bad nerf that made them suck...it's always the same.

I'm so bored, servers aren't up T_T I want to do some WZs before having to work >.>

lol seriusly i get 15 medals with my operative on wz's now since 1.2 so its not hard,but whats the point when a person has full BM and war hero valor but is pointless and useless cause the only gear you can get at this point is some stupid wanna be pvp/pve un modded armor wth is that?

But I do not share it.

Tell me how long ago you started playing wow? I know your problem, you started playing wow about year three or four and assume that was the beginning of the game. You assume that the code Blizzard uses is open for all to use and you assumed in January this would be wow with guns and light bats. I know the armor sets may have aided in your assumptions, but hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.

If pvp is all you want, tell your guild to go back to wow for a year or two, by then SWTOR will have the bells and whistles you don't have here now. The things you are looking for are (much like the people who whined about closing the saber crystal color restrictions) the focus of a minority of players in game right now and therefore are low priority.

Many things are much more important than ranked WZ and if you are here just for ranked WZ play, come back in a year or two...

But I do not share it.

Tell me how long ago you started playing wow? I know your problem, you started playing wow about year three or four and assume that was the beginning of the game. You assume that the code Blizzard uses is open for all to use and you assumed in January this would be wow with guns and light bats. I know the armor sets may have aided in your assumptions, but hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.

If pvp is all you want, tell your guild to go back to wow for a year or two, by then SWTOR will have the bells and whistles you don't have here now. The things you are looking for are (much like the people who whined about closing the saber crystal color restrictions) the focus of a minority of players in game right now and therefore are low priority.

Many things are much more important than ranked WZ and if you are here just for ranked WZ play, come back in a year or two...

Keep sucking BW Lowhangers,Cause FYI i never played wow my guild comes from SWG so we know how open pvp works and this game will die in less than 1 year if they dont get pvp ranked up which is a big thing now and days,We are on a PVP era Ppl are getting tired of PVE Only baddies who mop floors will play pve all day and feel special...Good luck with that pve'r...

Edited by GodKilla

Only 2 issues I have really:

1. Set Bonuses on Pre-1.2 armor do not transfer - If you had full BM/Rakata gear before the patch, and want to transfer to orange gear, the bonuses do not transfer. Only gear purchased AFTER the patch will transfer.

2. Upgrading to WH gear - My skill trees were reset because of changes made, which made me want to try a new skill tree. The only problem is all my gear is one 'type' (BM Eliminator). If I want to upgrade to WarHero gear, I can only exchange it for more eliminator gear. I can't say try tanking with Supercommando, or try Combat Tech - I'm stuck with this, so I'm stuck with the same skill tree.

Both of these seem like thinks that were overlooked in the grand scheme of things and should be fairly easy to fix.

As for pvp changes, I'm kind of enjoying it. Class changes and all...

(I'm valor 75, I've done a few hard modes but haven't tried an op yet. So really all I do is pvp)

Edited by Drexorn

I had the best time since launch last night. I solo qued everytime, I played objectives, I was rewarded for those efforts and had a blast.

this

repub fleet was more full than it has been all month.. Funny for all the whining, the game suuuure was buys last night. :rolleyes:

ps servers are up, enjoy you're crying, Ill enjoy the game.

Edited by Brool

this

repub fleet was more full than it has been all month.. Funny for all the whining, the game suuuure was buys last night. :rolleyes:

lol yeah obviously on a release day of a major patch many ppl will log to see new features but lets see this weekend lol how full or if any q's for server selections lol

lol seriusly i get 15 medals with my operative on wz's now since 1.2 so its not hard,but whats the point when a person has full BM and war hero valor but is pointless and useless cause the only gear you can get at this point is some stupid wanna be pvp/pve un modded armor wth is that?

You claim to be good, so for you getting medals isn't hard. So you should be happy with 1.2 (minus the non existent ranked WZ ofc). The baddies claim to get no medals so they should be mad about 1.2. Correct?

What's the gear you are talking about? You can get the Battlemaster set no? O_o I think I'm not getting your point on the gear topic, please clarify.

is simple 8v8 q'ing mean you can grp with guildies and have a more controlled pvp experience knowing that your team knows whats going on instead of getting some pve noobs that will just quit and dont know squat of whats going on,ranked means aswell you can create tournaments with other guilds 8v8 to see who has the most skills,talk about repeat grinds look at ppl doing stupid HM's and FP's over and over again and they think they are the best cause they kill the same NPC over 100 times now thats a grind,but in pvp all changes cause is another human player making sudden decisions that you have to counter act to survive thats why so many ppl wanted 8v8 q's,Open world pvp in this game is a joke so the only thing to look forward to was Ranked WZ's...

That is one valid argument I can agree on, ranked warzones would allow a good group of PvPers to go against those of the same skill.

You can claim that in PvP it is always against another human player, and that is true, but the PvP system in general is a grind. Talking about how much of a grind another part of the game is (PvE) doesn't change that. It is still just doing warzones, getting comms, getting gear, doing warzones, getting comms, getting gear. Any future "content" they provide will simply be better gear, for more comms.

As I said in my first post that you must not have read or read poorly, yes, open world PvP is a joke. That was the whole point I made. I would rather they work on fixing that instead of Ranked warzones. Ranked warzones seem like a lazy band-aid to me, that doesn't add any real content to PvP. Setting up real reasons to do open world PvP would be actual content.

1) The balance-changes are ridiculous; 20% of them were very good, but the rest is complete trash.

2) The way competence scales for heal vs DMG has to be a joke unless you don't give the healers at least 1 good burstheal (other than the Scoundrel/Agent, which seem to be fine with good support)

3) Leaving loosing WZ's is pretty much the only way to get your gear up, with rewards for loosing being cut down so much it makes me sad.

4) Some of the stuff I was most exited about got cut out last minute:

- No dual-spec and respeccing still costs a ton of credits

- No 8-man PvP grps

- No ranked WZ

- Removable Setboni my A**

i'm really really disappointed by this patch. I like SWtOR very much and as an avid PvP-player I think it has so much potential, but this patch was a huge disappointment and the few improvements didn't make up for the weird other changes or the promised ones that didn't make it into the game.

Keep sucking BW Lowhangers,Cause FYI i never played wow my guild comes from SWG so we know how open pvp works and this game will die in less than 1 year if they dont get pvp ranked up which is a big thing now and days,We are on a PVP era Ppl are getting tired of PVE Only baddies who mop floors will play pve all day and feel special...Good luck with that pve'r...

Again with the accusations and assumptions....

You were probably thrilled about the "Combat Upgrade"

I played SWG, what did your guild do, take time off until SWTOR came out? I gave up on MMO's after the CU hit SWG and I found WOW a piss poor experience.

As for doing anything all day, I work for a living, forcing a pvp grind on me to keep up my level is kinda dick since my window for playing is far more limited than it was 10 years ago. The direction they went with it, rewards differences for winning/losing shows their intentions: it does not matter how many people you roll over, it matters if you win the WZ. On my server I can run to the turrets on ACW and find no one there, I can cap the turrets and wait for the one or two players looking to win the WZ, the rest are (probably people like you) trying to get 400k damage.

When I started playing MMO's and PVPing was when the games were text based... Bot Muds ring a bell?

I am beginning to think that maybe the forums are filled with anti BW bots rather than employees defending their company...

This is what Bioware Fears the most http://feature.mmosite.com/upcoming_onlinegame/

LOL!

the only people mad about 1.2 are the people who rolled noobs but really weren't that good themselves. you aren't hardcore. you're a loser. **** and get off my internet.

i just want them to decide on a system, and stick with it !

the ways that people gain pvp armors has alrdy changed 3 times !!!

how the hell are you supposed to "plan for the future"?

ive got 566 champ comms and 386 cent comms, and all of this was only because i was bugged for 54 BM bags (which a support ticket seemed to magically fix). seriously, i can WASTE those on cred boxes???

i like changes, but it just feels like too many changes. like they cant even agree on what changes to make.

Full BM Gear Vanguard, with valor rank 73. I got it two months ago. PVP is fun, but it's not fun enough for me. As a heavy PVP player in most mmos and video games, this games pvp just isn't up to par to what I would like it to be, so therefore I'll be waiting for Planetside 2, and of course I will try Guild Wars 2, but even that will probably not do it for me...hopefully, probably planetside 2....but yeah I'm done with SWTOR....great game....it is....but just not for me anymore...played WoW on and off since it's first beta release....I'm not sure why it was fun, but it was....guess I'm burnt out....but I don't have the patience to wait a year down the road for things I want so....anyway.... Edited by ReynoldsCK

Yeah t-t-t-t-t-tell them ***** why you mad son!

Tell them ***** why you mad son!

Word up, you know what I'm sayin? Im mad because....

I'm watchin this **** video you know what I'm sayin?

They got mermaids swimmin in they living rooms and *****

know what I'm sayin?

This *** dancin in the rain with kids climbin up mountains and *****

You know what I'm sayin?

I'm I'm I'm watchin this **** video

the car goin two hundred miles an hour

WHERE THE ***** IS HE GOIN?!