Highly Disappointed in CE Digital Items

JmitchSB

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone had mentioned yesterday that they only got the speeder and the pet once and that was it, is this true for anyone else?

I have a level 12 or above of each basic class on the republic side. I received the pet, Speeder and all the other goodies on each character and they all have access to the VIP area and store.

Not speaking basic isn't why Ithorians aren't playable.

They aren't playable because Bioware uses the same facial animations for all races, and that isn't doable with Ithorians.

Didn't stop them from using it as an excuse, as well as Erickson's classic "audiences can't care about alien" leads.

This is the reason why I compare the CE store to the Security Key store. The CE store was something that was "Packaged" with the CE way back when they first announced the CE. People used this feature of the CE to decide on their purchases.

The Security Key vendor was a late comer and the item/ability needed to access it was not created until just before release and yet it is full of items, as I would have expected the CE vendor to be. So apparently they had the extra time to do that but not the time to do the CE store?

Yes I understand that the Security Key vendor comes with the CE but it was not something mentioned ever in a publication or advertisement (that I ever saw) and it is not exclusive like the CE vendor was promised to be and is.

It is exclusive. It's exclusive to those who use the security key. It's just not exclusive to you. I said it before the game came out and Ill say it again, Bioware is not going to put a ton of items into a store for the minority of players. Most of the things that end up in there will be the recolors of other armors that they said they would add post launch, but mostly they are going to try and give almost everything to the majority.

I'm sorry you are disappointed in the digital items, but honestly its more than many CEs get for their digital items.

Personally, I thought the digital items weren't going to be great which is why I ordered it for the physical items only.

Edited by Trobon

The sense of self entitlement in this thread knows no bounds.

You got a CE, with all the extra bits. You even got more than the usual one item ingame that other MMOs give people. Yet you are saying you dont like it so it must be rubbish? Even with them saying they will add to it, you still aren't happy?

Seriously?

"this is not the game you were looking for."

Didn't stop them from using it as an excuse, as well as Erickson's classic "audiences can't care about alien" leads.

Bioware took the "expedient" route when it came to character creation. I don't like it either, but methinks this is a conversation for another thread.

The sense of self entitlement in this thread knows no bounds.

You got a CE, with all the extra bits. You even got more than the usual one item ingame that other MMOs give people. Yet you are saying you dont like it so it must be rubbish? Even with them saying they will add to it, you still aren't happy?

Seriously?

"this is not the game you were looking for."

Please, stop accusing people who complaing of "a sense of entitlement." It's getting really, really old. It's not an insult. Consumers are entitled to get what they pay for, and if they aren't satisfied with what they get, they are entitled to complain. Are you from Mars or Soviet Russia or something?

It doesn't matter whether you bought the CE or not. What you think about it is also irrelevant.

A large number of people paid an exorbitant sum on money on the promise that they'd get access to the store, and that it'd contain items that are not in it now. Quite a few people could care less about a statue that's going to gather dust a month after release. And the soundtrack is probably going to be available for cheaper later on.

The store sucks. Plain and simple. It isn't even feature complete. If you play a consular or smuggler, you don't even get any of the items the other classes do. The Imperial side vendor is also much more well stocked (but also pretty obviously incomplete) then the Republic side vendor is, showing proof that they didn't have the CE store as a priority feature for release.

Also, the VIP vendor had ALOT more items in it last build. And was pretty much a complete store. See this video showing it off to see what I mean.

As it is now, the VIP store has one item in it, the speeder.

It seems likely that they screwed something up, or just put this on the back burner. The important thing is to get clarification from the devs on what's going on, before too much time expires. People should not be cheated out of their money. Nor is the excuse of "You should have known better!", that people are excusing the devs for, in various ways, acceptable either. That's not how you do business, anyone who's worked in management, or had a real job handling company assets, will tell you that.

About all we know about the CE store is that there were supposed to be a number of cosmetic armor sets, according to posts that were made almost half a year ago. There isn't. There's just one.

Apparently there was also a post pertaining to the store being updated over time too, according to multiple people who are posting on the forum. Which probably means that that's true too. Though a source would be nice.

They've been quiet since. Now is not the time to keep being quiet. We're only a few days away from official release. What do you think is going to happen when all the CE players get their CE, and see these stores? Especially when they compare the two factions together?

And yeah, a quote that they plan on adding to it over time would be nice. I searched for it, but it seems they deleted the megathread that contained info on the CE store.

Edited by Radiatonia

It doesn't matter whether you bought the CE or not. What you think about it is also irrelevant.

A large number of people paid an exorbitant sum on money on the promise that they'd get access to the store, and that it'd contain items that are not in it now. Quite a few people could care less about a statue that's going to gather dust a month after release. And the soundtrack is probably going to be available for cheaper later on.

And what those who spent that money for only the store fail to realize is that it doesn't matter. They bought a package deal with something that was very vague to begin with. Now if they add more to it that's fine, but honestly I don't see a reason to other than to add another companion customization for the two republic classes and to add recolors of other armors over time like they said they would.

If your problem is not having enough companion customization then why shouldn't everyone get the things that solve this issue? Just because you bought a package for one item doesn't mean that item needs to be more valuable.

The store sucks. Plain and simple. It isn't even feature complete. If you play a consular or smuggler, you don't even get any of the items the other classes do. The Imperial side vendor is also much more well stocked (but also pretty obviously incomplete) then the Republic side vendor is, showing proof that they didn't have the CE store as a priority feature for release.

Also, the VIP vendor had ALOT more items in it last build. And was pretty much a complete store. See this video showing it off to see what I mean.

As it is now, the VIP store has one item in it, the speeder.

It seems likely that they screwed something up, or just put this on the back burner. The important thing is to get clarification from the devs on what's going on, before too much time expires. People should not be cheated out of their money. Nor is the excuse of "You should have known better!", that people are excusing the devs for, in various ways, acceptable either. That's not how you do business, anyone who's worked in management, or had a real job handling company assets, will tell you that.

About all we know about the CE store is that there were supposed to be a number of cosmetic armor sets, according to posts that were made almost half a year ago. There isn't. There's just one.

They've been quiet since. Now is not the time to keep being quiet. We're only a few days away from official release. What do you think is going to happen when all the CE players get their CE, and see these stores? Especially when they compare the two factions together?

And yeah, a quote that they plan on adding to it over time would be nice. I searched for it, but it seems they deleted the megathread that contained info on the CE store.

Good post, i also want an explanation from the Devs and it should happen before all the others start to play this game.

The options are extremely limited.

The armor set was a nice touch but really... you should just make it a level 10 set that will be available as soon as someone gets to the Republic Fleet.

The items come with no stats and will require the player to acquire the mods to slot in to bring them up to par thus no advantage is given since the set stats depend entirely on the player using mods.

Those mods are level locked to someone can only slot mods that would be on par with their level. Assuming they can even afford to purchase that much mods.

The game in general needs a lot more cosmetic variety, I would have expected the CE store to sell custom weapons and basic lightsaber crystals as well.

Alternatively, just sell the pre-order crystal in the VIP store so people can match up all their weapons to it.

Cant say the armor set intrests me that much unless you want to run around looking like a trooper - which would be really silly for people like Jedi / Sith.

Additionally, I find it a bit sad they decided to only make Companion variations for a specific two rather than ALL of them.

Even if they just put it on the VIP vendor so EVERYONE who gets into the VIP lounge can get it would service the larger population. As it is the VIP Lounge is effectively worthless and the items even more so.

And what those who spent that money for only the store fail to realize is that it doesn't matter. They bought a package deal with something that was very vague to begin with. Now if they add more to it that's fine, but honestly I don't see a reason to other than to add another companion customization for the two republic classes and to add recolors of other armors over time like they said they would.

If your problem is not having enough companion customization then why shouldn't everyone get the things that solve this issue? Just because you bought a package for one item doesn't mean that item needs to be more valuable.

You seem to not be reading my post in full. I think you should read it again. In the mean-time, i'll repeat part of what I said.

The developers and PR people of BR said the store would contain certain features. Certain features it does not have at the moment. That is not acceptable, either in a business format, a consumer satisfaction format, or just about any other form of decency.

If you can't understand that, then there's really no way I can make you understand this. Because expecting to get what you paid for is a rather fundamental thing that people are talking about here, and people across the world expect.

Also, the reasoning that "We had time to figure out what we were getting" doesn't hold muster at all. The CE store was locked in beta. The only way you were going to find out what was in the CE store was to data mine the files (Something that's probably illegal to do.), and scan through thousands of lines of code/data to find the items individually.

That's not in any way a realistic expectation of your average customer.

Edited by Radiatonia

what is the point of the speeder if its only 90%... you get a cool looking skin, but at 40 its useless. Sorry but thats bogus. When there are 110% speed speeders regardless of look you need one for places like Ilum to be useful in PvP.

Honestly this is poor on Biowars part. It is not in an way "game breaking" to have the speeder scale or to have the ability to buy higher levels of the glowing turd crystal.

the DDE gets you a handful of items that mostly just rob you of bag space, a mount good for 15 levels, and a glowing turd color crystal that is easily replaced 90 minutes after you can first use it.

I'll be honest i feel kinda cheated.

You seem to not be reading my post in full. I think you should read it again. In the mean-time, i'll repeat part of what I said.

The developers and PR people of BR said the store would contain certain features. Certain features it does not have at the moment. That is not acceptable, either in a business format, a consumer satisfaction format, or just about any other form of decency.

If you can't understand that, then there's really no way I can make you understand this. Because expecting to get what you paid for is a rather fundamental thing that people are talking about here, and people across the world expect.

Also, the reasoning that "We had time to figure out what we were getting" doesn't hold muster at all. The CE store was locked in beta. The only way you were going to find out what was in the CE store was to data mine the files (Something that's probably illegal to do.), and scan through thousands of lines of code/data to find the items individually.

That's not in any way a realistic expectation of your average customer.

Here, I am quoting your full post to prove I have read it all since whenever I cut out a piece people use that as ammunition to say I didn't read it. :rolleyes:

I read your earlier post and it is as vague on proof as the devs have been this whole time. That's the problem. There was never a "It is going to have 5 armor sets" announcement or anything like it. People made up expectations for this and spread them. All we ever knew was that there would be cosmetic outfits, that there would be more over time (but that these would be recolors) and that there would be companion cosmetics.

Posting "evidence" based on beta videos means very little. The truth is they were vague and people fell in for that. It doesn't mean it needs to have a huge improvement. It means people need to stop setting their expectations higher than what is said.

Digital crack has always been something that quickly gets old, and goes from being "awesome!", to "tacky" in almost no time.

A quote that pretty much sums up the digital content for me.

"

Player 1: Holodancer is awesome

Player 2: Does it replace your girlfriend?

"

Then people went on to complain about how if people were paying for things when they didn't know what they are are idiots and whatnot. At the end of the conversation I believe the person with the holodancer will never be seen with it out again.

People always want to be adored, so of course they will want the extra swag, and don't get me wrong, the right people will have a great time with the flare gun, it'll be macroed into their rp. They'll use it for raid signaling. You never know when it might come in handy. But for most people, only get the CE if you want the physical content.

Here, I am quoting your full post to prove I have read it all since whenever I cut out a piece people use that as ammunition to say I didn't read it. :rolleyes:

I read your earlier post and it is as vague on proof as the devs have been this whole time. That's the problem. There was never a "It is going to have 5 armor sets" announcement or anything like it. People made up expectations for this and spread them. All we ever knew was that there would be cosmetic outfits, that there would be more over time (but that these would be recolors) and that there would be companion cosmetics.

Posting "evidence" based on beta videos means very little. The truth is they were vague and people fell in for that. It doesn't mean it needs to have a huge improvement. It means people need to stop setting their expectations higher than what is said.

Actually, there was a post. Which you'd have seen if you were paying attention to the forums prior to release. There was a megathread topic that contained information from the devs.

That topic appears to have since been deleted, as part of the preparation for release. It does not, however, invalidate what was posted, and said. As the sales were made under the claims of the Bioware developers.

If you had actually read my posts, you'd have realized that. Since I stated it pretty much verbatim.

@Amp: We did do research. The people who are complaining are the ones who watched the forums and any other form of media available pretty much weekly to figure out what we were getting. Which is why people are confused, and angry. We didn't get what Bioware said we would get.

Do people not even bother to read forum posts before posting anymore? :/

Edited by Radiatonia

Actually, there was a post. Which you'd have seen if you were paying attention to the forums prior to release. There was a megathread topic that contained information from the devs.

That topic appears to have since been deleted, as part of the preparation for release. It does not, however, invalidate what was posted, and said. As the sales were made under the claims of the Bioware developers.

If you had actually read my posts, you'd have realized that. Since I stated it pretty much verbatim.

@Amp: We did do research. The people who are complaining are the ones who watched the forums and any other form of media pretty much weekly to figure out what we were getting. Which is why people are confused, and angry. We didn't get what Bioware said we would get.

Do people not even bother to read forum posts before posting anymore? :/

No. There was a post that said there would be armor sets in there. They never said a number nor when those would be released nor if they would be exclusive skins. Yet again expectations were set too high. You can accuse me of not reading your post all you want, but it doesn't change a thing. There will indeed be the "multiple armor sets" promised. However, most likely many of those will be the recolors also promised.