servers down again

Leeaustin

I just read that the server are down again now for 4 hours! it said for a new patch! but we only had a patch yesturday.

Is the new patch to fix yesturdays patch problems?

Am in the uk so can anyone tell me when it will be back on?

Thanks All

Lee

I just read that the server are down again now for 4 hours! it said for a new patch! but we only had a patch yesturday.

Is the new patch to fix yesturdays patch problems?

Am in the uk so can anyone tell me when it will be back on?

Thanks All

Lee

Yeh whats with no more GMT on the little server announcments?

But im guessing 3pm cause thats the same time as 8am pdt,

Edited by Selenial

No later than 4pm, patch notes will be issued after the servers come back up, thats all the info that has been given to us in regards to this :)

yeah i think it went down at 11 GMT so 3 it should be back!, where do u got to find the patch notes?

Maintanance is a good thing. It means you're getting your money's worth. For the record: In the history of every mmorpg I have ever played, and I have played many, this game is very stable, if not THE most stable mmorpg I have played post release. Don't take my word for it, though. Ask the myriad of other gamers who both hate and love this game. They will tell you with certainty that it is a smoother experience than what they are normally used to from mmorpg's this close to post release. Bioware does a really good job with stability issues, and part of that is because they run good maintanance.

I'm sure you hear it all the time, but give it time.

1.2.0a Patch Notes

4/13/2012

General

Addressed an issue that could prevent characters from being deleted.

Made improvements to the CS ticketing system.

Wait this is what the server was brought down for? wha...

I hope there's a lot more that is undocumented changes such as the sound fix o.o;

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Edited by Rizael

servers are up again and they completely fcked it up...

no guildbanks

no legacydealer

CRYSTALS ARE BACK -> you can buy them again etc.

I have never used words like this in a forum before, but BW, you guys are doing a horrible job and the emote "/spit" is all I have for you...:eek:

next serverdown innnnnnccccommminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Edited by FloschiG

How about this. Thanks bioware for doin your jobs. People log in and whine about how the patch sucked, and it wasnt enough, and then turn around and whine cause there is downtime while you fix it, and they will do it again everytime. I say to you thankyou for the hardwork ensuring a quality gaming experience, and as long as ppl are whining that means they are paying to play so they must like something about it. 8D

I sometimes get the feeling that the maintenance guys are a bit careless with their testing and implementation of their patches. There are many things, that other MMOs do a lot better, patchwise, that could have been avoided if Bioware had gotten some advice. Nonetheless it is a stable and really good looking environment and to say that overall they are doing a bad job would be to lie.

Therefore I will also say thank you for trying hard and mostly doing a good job.

I wonder what happens to all of the credits that were dumped into the now non-existent guild banks.

"Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process."

That looks like data loss to me. >:|

Now its a 7 hour fix job, i don't want to sound like i'm flaming dev team but you have a test server, surely you were confident that 1.2 was ready for release. But in 14 years of playing MMO's I've not experienced a complete fail like this since Everquest in 2001.

With an already rapidly shrinking population 4 months after release you should have brought you A game. With such a good game this will do damage to its reputation

servers are up again and they completely fcked it up...

no guildbanks

no legacydealer

CRYSTALS ARE BACK -> you can buy them again etc.

I have never used words like this in a forum before, but BW, you guys are doing a horrible job and the emote "/spit" is all I have for you...:eek:

next serverdown innnnnnccccommminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Uh, the servers is down AGAIN today............. too bad, gonna do some homework (I am 13, so I can't play all that much, so of course it pisses me off....)

On other MMO's, such as " World of Tanks " when you are a paying subscriber they refund you a day back for updates and downtime. How about some compensation for all this lost time.

As stated in another post above you have a test server to avoid this sort of screw up.

Thats enough of my rant, guess i'll have to give some serious consideration about resubscribing................

Just read that lvl 50's are getting a free month - guess I lose out because I'm an altoholic and my highest is only 44. I think bioware's PR team need to do a lot of serious thinking about not pissing off people who play the game not only for hard levelling but for the storyline and the alternate characters

Edited by -Apocalypse-

Now its a 7 hour fix job, i don't want to sound like i'm flaming dev team but you have a test server, surely you were confident that 1.2 was ready for release. But in 14 years of playing MMO's I've not experienced a complete fail like this since Everquest in 2001.

With an already rapidly shrinking population 4 months after release you should have brought you A game. With such a good game this will do damage to its reputation

There is NO way you can have played for 14 years and not seen this. Really, WoW was down almost every week for a day or several hours in it's first couple of months of existence. In fact, almost every major patch in WoW resulted in downtime. One time WoW was down and they had no clue when it was coming back and they gave us a day credit too. Only now has WoW managed to get it's act together, but it is an 8 year old game, you'd figure they'd eventually get it right.

Conan had a smooth start but then it had downtime. EQ...don't get me started. Dark Age of Camelot (probably my all time favorite game) had downtime. EVERY game has downtime. There is no way a 14 year vet can post the above. Maybe a 14 MONTH player who's only played WoW after V4 and this game can post such a stupid statement.

I think people want to find anything they can to complain about. Crap happens...get over it or get out. Makes no difference to me. I'm happy with the game. To be honest, this is the smoothest roll out of any game I've ever seen and I AM a 14+ year vet.

Maintanance is a good thing. It means you're getting your money's worth. For the record: In the history of every mmorpg I have ever played, and I have played many, this game is very stable, if not THE most stable mmorpg I have played post release. Don't take my word for it, though. Ask the myriad of other gamers who both hate and love this game. They will tell you with certainty that it is a smoother experience than what they are normally used to from mmorpg's this close to post release. Bioware does a really good job with stability issues, and part of that is because they run good maintanance.

I'm sure you hear it all the time, but give it time.

I know of a mmo that is much more stable than this, and much more "common sense" maint times...

WoW.

Greetings everyone!

We ask that threads in this forum revolve around discussion of the Star Wars Universe. Additionally, since the servers are back up, we are going to close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding! :)