Pulse Generator broken in 1.2

me_unknown

I am currently trying tactics. i did some duells to test the new impulse generator.

its broken!

neither does it slow your opponents by 70% (nothing at all) nor does it increase the damage by 50%. you get the stacks but they do not affect impulse cannon at all.

how the hell could this go live after months of testing this?

Does it still buff mortar volley and sticky bomb damage by 50%?

no idea. didn't knew it did before as i never tryed that talent before 1.2

hope the currently patch they are applying is fixing this. otherwise full tactics remains as useless as it was in pvp, well actually even worse.

Edited by me_unknown

IT's NOT WORKING. I don't have PG damage applied nor didn't i found slow on 5 stacks....

yep. i just tried now (before they downed the servers again :rolleyes:) using all cells. not even with HEC its working (someone mentioned maybe it got tied to HEC without the tooltip / notes mentioning it).

yep. i just tried now (before they downed the servers again :rolleyes:) using all cells. not even with HEC its working (someone mentioned maybe it got tied to HEC without the tooltip / notes mentioning it).

Pulse Cannon DOES NOT receive addtional damage from HEC, it DOES NOT receive up to 50% aditional damage from Pulse Generator and is not Supported by additional crit chance from Blaster Augs. It bearly crits while i have my 15% crit buff, BM crit/surge Relic, 27% own and 6% demolition.

i ahve to slightly disagree. when i tried pulse cannon with HEC i think i saw the 8% damage increasement quite clearly.

can't tell about the added crit cahnce and other +% elemental damage talents. but HEC worked for the +8% damage (with the addition talent for the extra 3%).

pulse generators stacks though are broken.

Posted this in another thread too, but this thread seems more appropriate:

Pulse cannon does less damage now. Pre-patch 1.2 my ticks critted for about 1800 with 5 stacks, now it only crits for 1400 with 5 stacks.

I am lvl 50, and tested this before and after patch 1.2 on corelia on the exact same mobs (imperial troops). The gear (mix of centurion and champion gear) I used before and after is also identical.

Other elemental attacks damage like ion pulse remain +/- the same.

Anyone has an explanation for this? Did they perhaps give those imperial mobs some aoe damage reduction?? Or is pulse cannon just weaker now and the devs "forgot" to mention it?

Posted this in another thread too, but this thread seems more appropriate:

Pulse cannon does less damage now. Pre-patch 1.2 my ticks critted for about 1800 with 5 stacks, now it only crits for 1400 with 5 stacks.

I am lvl 50, and tested this before and after patch 1.2 on corelia on the exact same mobs (imperial troops). The gear (mix of centurion and champion gear) I used before and after is also identical.

Other elemental attacks damage like ion pulse remain +/- the same.

Anyone has an explanation for this? Did they perhaps give those imperial mobs some aoe damage reduction?? Or is pulse cannon just weaker now and the devs "forgot" to mention it?

Not only in PvE, in PvP i noticed charged PC doing considerably less damage than before as well ( yes, I used 8/31/2 before the patch, same spec now ), reduced from like 2.4-2.6k a crit tick to about 1.6-1.8k. Didn't have time to properly test if the talent is broken, PC was stealth nerfed or something else changed.

Edited by Blurps

The damage output on Pulse Cannon is suffering from a few things right now.

The 5 stacks aren't giving the slow or the damage increase.

As stated in another thread it seems as though the damage from pulse cannon is being divided among more ticks. Can't confirm but that is the idea.

Well, pre-1.2 I was getting 3 ticks for around 2.6k on crits. Now it's 4 ticks for about 1900

Overall damage seems to be the same with 5 stacks of pulse generator, but it starts doing its damage instantly as you activate the skill rather than 1 second into the channel.

Sticky grenade and MV seem to be about the same as they were overall too. SG hits for about 3-3.2k and MV for 1600 per tick on crits, rather than 3.2-3.3k.

Fire pulse is hitting slightly harder than it was and I do like the lack of skill delay on that one. Not to mention that it stacks PG now too, making the rotation simpler.

Overall damage seems to be the same with 5 stacks of pulse generator, but it starts doing its damage instantly as you activate the skill rather than 1 second into the channel.

not for me. it always had a delay of around 1 sec. i never got the first damage tick instantly on all my tests.

Very odd, when I checked it out again last night, there was definitely a tick as soon as you activated the skill.

I wonder if it's possible to have a bug on some servers and not others?

i only verified this today, before 1.2a. and it was the same after 1.2a.

Ah right. I was at work today, so I missed all the patch shenanigans.

I'll take another look at it when I get back online (server downtime in prime time? Looks like some people at Bioware are having a busy Friday evening) later tonight or tomorrow.

Ah right. I was at work today, so I missed all the patch shenanigans.

I'll take another look at it when I get back online (server downtime in prime time? Looks like some people at Bioware are having a busy Friday evening) later tonight or tomorrow.

yeah you missed something.

after they "fixed" some stuff (it seems like the disabled damage mitigation from armor or something like that) with 1.2a they observed within an hour that they broke a ton of things... (npcs missing, whole areas missing with player chars in them too, and many many other thing).

am damn curious how it works after the current patch. i doubt though that the broken pulse generator will be fixed. but i hope at least the broken damage mitigation wich affected all or most classes and hence at most thus with more armor etc., is fixed now. this is game breaking! and the main reason for the healer complain (even though the complainers do not know this as it seems).

Ah... this must be their way of making things more challenging for us... remove all mitigation from the game ;) Now every sage's dream of main tanking can come true.

Edit: Ah well, looks as though the servers are back up... time to survey the carnage I guess :)

Edited by Varena

issue remains the same.

and i still feel squishy with my iron fist build. no exageration but i die at least two times faster then before the patch. but i also kill faster.

either mitigation has been reduced or damage improved overall. can't tell for sure.

Pulse Generator isn't doing any slows from what I can tell, but it is still increasing damage. Went from 700 a tick to 1000 (from 2800 to 4000 damage respectively).

People are freaking out about the damage since it's split into 4 ticks and feels lower, but it goes off instantly.

Hopefully they fix the slow thing, but in the mean time abuse the fact that PG increases sticky and mortar volley, and explosive surge grants stacks without hitting enemies now as well.

Pulse Generator isn't doing any slows from what I can tell, but it is still increasing damage. Went from 700 a tick to 1000 (from 2800 to 4000 damage respectively).

you mean 0 stacks compared to 5?

for me there is absolutely no increasement in damage with 5 stacks over 0.

People are freaking out about the damage since it's split into 4 ticks and feels lower, but it goes off instantly.

also not the case for me. it does NOT tick instantly. the first damage tick come about 1 s after i started the pulse cannon and i hear the sound of it.

Hopefully they fix the slow thing, but in the mean time abuse the fact that PG increases sticky and mortar volley, and explosive surge grants stacks without hitting enemies now as well.

hmm, can't tell if this is was true in my case. not paid attention to this.

Explosive surge giving stacks is actually pretty cool; it definitely didn't used to unless you hit stuff. A nice way to build some stacks up before a fight starts and enter full swing as soon as the fight starts.

Kind of silly that the bugged AoE bonus is the ONLY thing that works about it now...

I did some tests on lvl50 target dummy

1) +15% movement speed works with HEC

2) HtL works too (i saw some ppl say it doesnt work)

3) Damage increase from Pulse Generator stacks works

Damage from PC without stacks: normal hit 573, critical hit 927

http://imageshack.us/f/19/screenshot2012041409294.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/269/screenshot2012041409300.jpg/

Damage from PC with 5 stacks: normal hit 825, critical hit 1333

http://imageshack.us/f/543/screenshot2012041409285.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/13/screenshot2012041409291.jpg/

I made around 20 rotations.