Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

This has got to be the worst analogy I have ever seen!

Children and seniors get discounts. Not because of their level but because each is on a fixed or low income. WOW!

Level is training and experienece. Age doesn't fit into the equation.

Children get discounts so their parents will eat at a certain restaurant.

It's a promotion.

Just like giving away a free month of play for certain players.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace age...with level.

So, what is the problem?

My mother has obtained level 63, I am only level 33.

Why is it fair for her to get a discount, but not me? I eat at a certain restaurant since it opened. She only started going there a few months ago. I should be the more valuable customer.

But she gets a discount...and I do not.

Clearly businesses only value senior citizens and not the rest of us.

This is BS and a half. Any promotion with criteria discriminates against those who do not meet the criteria. The issue is whether such discriminationn is acceptable and meaningful and satisfies a purpose. To compare someone in RL who can have dimished income possiblities and who may not be able to eat out to someone who has gone to level 50 in a video game is (would put in comment here that would get me banned).

Your mom changed your diapers and put up with you for many years. She lived a life that had impact on the world. That is not quite the same as someone who leveled to 50 in a video game. Besides it is an accomplishment in this world to make it to 63 years of age and not so much to level 50 in swtor.

By the way, BW encouraged people to roll alts if they were on a low pop server. It encouraged people to play varied characters to experience the story. It then screwed them. I had 5 85s on WOW before I unsubbed and am fully capable of going to 50 in swtor. I played the game the "way it was intended" and am now not considered a valued customer.

I am starting to wonder if the game is not fail for many of those that hit 50 or pvp and they are not bailing faster than can be believed and so the promotion.

No, some people just can't stand the phrase, "You do not qualify", and the word "No".

If all level 50's got was a speeder...there would be the same amount of hand wringing and Henny Penny sky is falling bullflop.

No one can handle the fact that someone else has something, that they can't get too.

This is what happens when schools make a habit of giving out participation trophies and parents reward every sneeze and fart as something amazing.

Life isn't fair. People will have things and get things that you won't.

As my grandfather said, "Fair is something you go to in the summer. It ain't life, kiddo."

So you got 30 days free game-time then. That's all you needed to say ;)

Just my 5 cent here , bioware probably knows that there are fewer lvl 50s in game and decides to get them play again .

what happen with more lvl 50s around ?? The general chat wiill be filled with "LFM BLAH BLAH operation , mission ... ETC ETC " , hence motivating lowbies to keep leveling so that they can experience high-end content .

So , more 50s for a month , more low-level players motivated to remain playing , and subscription number will also increased. WIN WIN for bioware.

Maxed level characters is like cool kids , they bring the parties to them.

Legacy level likely would not of helped me as I have had to hop servers twice because they died. The one I am currently on looks like its going to go that way too.

This is why you should do some research on a servers general population and faction balance before you reroll, shouldve learned the first time.

I pre-purchased this game and have been an active subscriber since day 1. I do not have a level 50 character yet, but several lower level characters - what rewards do I get for being a loyal subscriber and player?

Bioware have seem to be hell bent on alienating their active subscriber base.

Still not sure I understand the slight

I was going to pay my subscription before this news

I am still going to pay my subscription after this news

I am negatively affected in what way?

Amy I supposed to be pissed because others got something cause their update didn’t get implemented as advertized? Why should I be upset about that?

Not sure I understand

Edited by Dayln

Hello. I'm random lvl 50.

How valuable to me is your level 47 Trooper? Not at all. Except one or two normal FP we could run together(if you were at fleet istead of questing somewhere), there is no reason for me to notice you. If you disappear, it won't matter to me at all. It also won't affect much others below 50, because they will just keep on leveling when bored and eventualy join lvl50 crowd. Anyway they'll keep subbed.

And how valueable to me is another random lvl 50? If he's same faction, we can do all FP/Ops, and play warzones even if he's not. If he disappears, I have one less person to play with. Now it's harder to find group, WZ queues are longer, game for other people at 50 got more boring. In long run, because this lvl 50 player stopped playing, others got bored and unsubbed(and this is chain reaction). Now game lost more than one player, and remaining lvl50 are getting even more bored.

There you go, why your five lvl30 alts are not considered 'valuable'.

It has nothing to do with value to you, ultimately our $15 are very valuable to bioware, keeps servers running, people employed and updates coded. If, by creating a pr stunt, they alienate part of their user base, enough for large numbers to jump ship the game will shut down. Every single subscriber is vital to your continued enjoyment, because without them there would be no patches, no servers and no game. It takes a real idiot to produce a promotion that will annoy a segment of its paying users, especially in this day of many mmos, where jumping ship is easy.

My mother gets an AARP discount every time she eats at certain restaurants.

This is not fair! They make a menu for people of her age, and now she gets a discount too?

I can't qualify for it! I'm not 60 years old! I'm so casual, it's going to take me 30+ years to get MY discount!!!!

Obviously certain establishments only value SENIOR citizens.

I don't know why I even bother eating there....it's like a slap in the face. That's it! I'm never eating there again, until they are able to get their crap together and PROVE that I am just as valuable as senior citizens by giving me a discount too.

You guys do know....this is exactly how you sound...right?

Oh analogies, can I play too.

At the Blow-hard factory there are two groups of people, some that make gold widgets and others that make several different types of silver widgets.

Both are made with the same type of machine and both groups spend the same amount of time manning their machines.

Now the boss calls a meeting and tells the gold widget makers that they are some of the companies most valued employees and offers them a $100 bonus each.

I just can't understand why the silver widget makers are getting up in arms, can you?

The moral here is that the people without level 50's potentially spent the same amount of time and money to support the game, but only one group is now being rewarded purely because they chose to play it in a different way.

is playing the game legitimately, most of the 50's i see were rushed to that in a month? due exploits and other idiotic stuff that got ignored by cus rep . so basically, not only do the belligerent players get to dominate the game, mess with the economy make it so even bioware cant fix the damage, but now.. they reward them with free time? lol you know.. i just keep thinking to myself how we had a chance to make this not warcraft, i remember telling everyone that we had to discourage barrens abuse, establish a unique community. it didn't take long, we lost the game in the first week.

as an example of how messed up this is, i have a guild member that curses incessantly, if it was possible to have Le torrents' syndrome in a writing form he is a valid candidate. i naturally go to ticket, choose inappropriate behavior. wait really long, finally real time speak with cus rep. he says, you should have right click chose harassment. oh really?? where the hell does it say that?.. then it gets real fun. he says that the guild leaders can decide what kind of stuff can be said in the guild chat. so i blatantly said to him, you mean that gl's can decided whether or not the members can abide by elua?

with such idiocy for policy i began musing the concept of potential larceny and it's implications . considering that we are 'told' that things are begin done, we 'surrender' control of the game to them. they continue to take our money. nothing is done, seriously. like i said, i have proof. many screens of a guy obviously exploiting. i ended up joining his guild. i mean heck.. it was the only way i would not lose against him.

so, you all focus on the minor issue of free time, fine, but half the guys at 50 cant get to 50 unless they exploit or had vent which is a third party program not even under bioware's policy.

because i been playing since day one, i still haven't got a 50. i like most people , was doing that thing called exploration. the fastest way i seen them do it. exploit the wz and lvl like mad. you get money, reward , a company that appears to do nothing about it and now free time .

yet, if bioware can just get past the alternate to warcraft thing and remember that stwor wars is a generational presence, that yes, there are little kids playing along side 45 + year olds. perhaps they , unlike warcraft can show responsibility which creates a more dedicated patronage by far. remains to be seen.

I played the game legit, I did every single quest on each planet, I grouped with people, I had fun with the few hours I played each day. AND STILL, I have 3 level 50s. I did not exploit at all, I used game mechanics.

My first level 50 was in late january, then late feb, and then my third was done during spring break.

All. Legit.

Also why is this concept difficult, you all claim you love the story yet none of you have seen the end of it. That's on the same level of claiming you really love chicken but have never actually tasted it or a certain movie is your favourite movie but you have yet to see the end. Makes no sense. Am I missing something?

Yep, see instead of me devouring it and not tasting it (your food analogy), I'm taking the the time to enjoy every mouthful. But someone decided that everyone that is currently eating dessert will get the meal free, because they are valued customers.

If that sounds stupid it's because it is.

Like I said before their PR department sucks.

Still not sure I understand the slight

I was going to pay my subscription before this news

I am still going to pay my subscription after this news

I am negatively affected in what way?

Amy I supposed to be pissed because others got something cause their update didn’t get implemented as advertized? Why should I be upset about that?

Not sure I understand

Then you don't understand 91 pages of slight then, move along nothing to read here.

This is BS and a half. Any promotion with criteria discriminates against those who do not meet the criteria. The issue is whether such discriminationn is acceptable and meaningful and satisfies a purpose. To compare someone in RL who can have dimished income possiblities and who may not be able to eat out to someone who has gone to level 50 in a video game is (would put in comment here that would get me banned).

Your mom changed your diapers and put up with you for many years. She lived a life that had impact on the world. That is not quite the same as someone who leveled to 50 in a video game. Besides it is an accomplishment in this world to make it to 63 years of age and not so much to level 50 in swtor.

By the way, BW encouraged people to roll alts if they were on a low pop server. It encouraged people to play varied characters to experience the story. It then screwed them. I had 5 85s on WOW before I unsubbed and am fully capable of going to 50 in swtor. I played the game the "way it was intended" and am now not considered a valued customer.

I am starting to wonder if the game is not fail for many of those that hit 50 or pvp and they are not bailing faster than can be believed and so the promotion.

I change diapers. But I still don't get that discount. :(

They talked about fostering a community when TOR was released. To me this seems like something that has the ability to divide that community.

QTF! ^This!

As someone who is a CE owner and was in on day one of Early Access and does not have a level 50 I am very angry at not being valued.

I wonder how many of the level 50s that got free time face rolled and spaced barred thru the content to get to 50. Then complained that they had nothing to do. Then UNSUBBED for a period of time only to come back on the news that 1.2 was on the horizon just in the nick of time to have met the requirements for free time.

How would someone like this be considered loyal and valued compared to those of us that have multiple alts on multiple servers and play in multiple guilds with friends from other games and irl that are playing this game.

I have 21 active alts now on 5 servers. Not to mention the 10 or so that I have deleted and rerolled as I learned the game and learned how to progress more efficiently.

This should have been based off of continuous subscription time from the release of the game to the release of patch 1.2 AND HOURS PLAYED.

Thanks for alienating those of us that never unsubbed, were patient with all the bugs, tried to report bugs, defended this game from the nay sayers and were loyal to SWTOR and you EA/BW.

:mad:

This is the only analogy that works:

25 people all work in a shop that makes cupcakes.

The company encourages employees to make batches of 8 cupcakes at a time, but it's not a requirement.

23 of the employees are capable of making between 6 to 8 cupcakes at a time, taking care to make sure they're all perfectly baked, perfectly shaped. They also enjoy decorating them with a vast array of icings, toppings, etc. They are capable of completing 6 to 8 cupcakes in about 5 hours.

The personalized cupcakes are what the company is known for and the managers are happy.

2 of the employees rush through the mixing, baking and decoration process as quickly as possible. The cupcakes are bland, boring and misshapen, but they meet the requirements of being a cupcake. These 2 employees typically finish a single cupcake each in about an hour, then they leave for the day. Once they get home, they call their managers and complain about being bored since they finished their work so quickly.

The next day at work, the CEO of the company decides to reward the employees for being such loyal and valuable workers.

He rewards the 2 employees who finish their single cupcakes in an hour with their choice of cupcakes made by the other, less loyal and valuable employees.

The other 23 get nothing.

TL;DR: Butterflies taste with their hind feet.

Terrible analogy. I have two level 50s. I didn't rush at all through the first one, but still got to 50, and then enjoyed the quests on Voss, Correlia, and then all the level 50 content (which sadly is not as much as the level 1-49 content). My second level 50 leveled faster than the first, but I still took my time as I enjoyed the class stories.

There was nothing rushed, messy, bland, about how I went through the game. To imply that somehow getting to level 50 means everyone rushed through the game is just inaccurate.

I think this extra 30 days to level 50s is frankly to make up for the fact that there's so little end-game content in the game. The removal of ranked warzones was quite another blow to the end-game PVP crowd. This 30 days, whether Bioware admits it, is to help sooth over those omissions.

I agree with you. My highest character completed his story at 47 and I saw no need to grind him for 3 more levels so I rerolled. I got my consular up to 30 something and then my server died. Rerolled a Bounty Hunter on another server got him to late 30's/early 40's quit, this server was dead when I came back. I Just rolled a Knight who is at level 28 on a third new server.

I clearly don't deserve a free month, because I haven't got to 50. I have only pre-ordered the game on the first day of pre-order, got the Collector's Edition, subbed 3 months and completed a fair amount of the games content.

well then you ere played!.....My condolences :o(

They did this because there's nothing wrong with the pre-50 game, it's actually pretty fun. The free 30 days to 50s was them saying they know their level 50 content sucks and 1.2 does little to nothing to help it. So here's 30 free days, please stick around until the next patch!

The whole customer appreciation thing is complete BS, it's an apology.

Why in the H-LL would you pay 15$ a month to play a game for 8 hrs a week???

why pay 25 or 30 dollars to go to the movies ( by time you buy snacks ) for maybe two hours? That is not the issue I did not get to play for over a month being away in the service but I kept my sub up. The whole "I did it any one can" is not a valid point you do not know what goes on in peoples lives daily. I play less than 3 hours a week sometimes but i am still paying a sub. That is not the point of this thread. The point is they pay the same if the play 2 hours a week or 20 and been here from day 0. That is the point being made.