The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

I'll say that my wife feels very slighted. She pre-ordered when I did and has played more hours than I have yet does not have a 50 (different playstyle). She has a great point, why is her 'loyalty' not as valued as mine?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I per-ordered the CE, made some progress, not to 50. My ship gets deployed for a few months and, because I'm NOT ABLE TO PLAY I'm not eligible for the free 30. It has much less to do with the $15 than the idea of it. Some of us have other things we HAVE to do. :mad::mad:

And how would the people that don't have a 50 know about it, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET THE DAMN EMAIL IN THE FIRST PLACE

Because IT WAS POSTED ON THE MAIN PAGE ASWELL!

IN THE TOPIC CELEBRATE PATCH 1.2 LEGACY UNDER READ MORE!

SIGH

Btw do all you guys who claim you only played until story finished actually REALISED that Story finishes on ILUM for which you need a character lvled to 50 to obtain the quest?

So lvl 50 = end of story. And not sooner like you liars say

My wife and I pre ordered. We have played from the first day of early access. We do not have a fifty. We have 11 characters each and they include a number of forties. We rerolled from a dead server and had to start from scratch. Our goal has been to enjoy the game and take our time and not get to the level 50 tread wheel before we had to. We have been here from day one period.

The free month is not that important to us. We can afford the two sub fees. We are not pissed or annoyed. But we do think that this is the most stupid thing that we have seen. BW has said to us that we have less value than a customer who decided to go to fifty or who unsubbed. So be it BW. I say to you that you have less value to us than any gaming company out there. I say to you that we will play your game until something better comes along and then be gone and never look back. I say to you that we will never buy a BW or EA game again because we do not accept ill treatment. I say to you that we will feel some satisfatction the day we do unsub.

Fail, fail, stupid fail.

hmm I read the celebrate the patch thread and it has realy bothered me.

the little pet thing is realy cool idea as just the other night I told the wife I wanted one of thos as a pet.

the free month is not cool I work 60 hours a week and play this game every night when i get off but my time is limited so I do not have a char to 50 yet.

so being I do not have a level 50 char I am not a MOST VALUED CUSTOMER. whats that make me A WORTHLESS CUSTOMER?

i pay just as much as anyone with a level 50 char for both my accounts

it is highly unfair and very disrespectfully to out right segragate players in the game and call them your most valued customers. When everyone pays the same amount to play.

if you want to offer a reward to celebrate the patch you should offer the same reward to all.

I know I am serisouly considering canceling my sub to the game while its a great game but i would rather go back to wow if this is the attitude this company is going to tak toward me as a customer. least they treat all accounts the same world of warcraft there.

i am not going to tell one of my kids I like them better and give them the big present and tell the other one there just not as good as the other child.

EDIT: for thos who are saying its only 15 bucks it has nothing to do with the 15 bucks it the clear lack of respect for half the player base I joined this comunity in OCT of 2009 Purchased 2 brand new computers for me and wife just to play my dedication to the game is no less then any kid who has no life and rushed to 50 I should be treated with the same respect as them.

Edited by Ecilin

Maybe they can give a freebie to everyone with 300+ troll posts moaning about being undervalued?

"You are one of our most prolific and sincere forum posters, so we'd like to give you a new troll vanity pet as a thank you for your idiotic posting."

But then if BioWare DO learn their lesson, it might say:

"We are sincerely sorry that in a game with over a million subscribers we failed to meet your specific, individual and important needs. Despite this being an MMO BioWare are committed to ensuring every decision they make is accepted and welcomed by all. To this end we've sent you a free pet to give you a reason to feel better. It's a Troll, because... um.... call it a Gamorrean ok?"

This thread stopped making sense at page 30, and it now just two groups of people refusing to accept the others point of view. It's only unlocked to prevent the rest of the forum from being spammed. I know official forums are generally poorer quality, but considering so many people value their real life so much they haven't hit 50 yet, it's surprising that they've got time to post.

I agree this is complete BS. I too pre-ordered, beta'd and played since day 1. Now to be slapped in the face because I prefer to play each class before I decide to take one to level 50, WELL what can I say?!?!?! I am really glad to see SWTOR prefers their grinder players who decide to rush level 50 and then complain and unsub or threaten to unsub than they do the loyal players who do not complain and WAIT for stuff to be fixed.

Hey SWTOR, if I complain now and threaten to unsub, can I get 30 days free????

AGREE!!! I have children under the age of 4 and I can't spend 4-6 hours a day playing. I play when I can and even then sometimes it's only to complete one mission!!! My highest level toon is a 45, I pre-ordered two copies of the Collectors Edition for my wife and I, and I don't deserve Bioware/EA gratitude??? I opened a ticket asking for my free month and this is the response I received back:

Greetings,

This is Rainier of Star Wars The old Republic Customer service, I'm glad to assist you with your concern.

Upon checking your account, I can see that you didn't qualify in the free 30 days game time promotion.

Unfortunately, we cannot grant your request and apologize for any inconvenience this may caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our speciality…

Sincerely,

Rainier

"Any inconvenience?" "I don't qualify?" "Galatic Support is our Specialty?" I love this game and I'm not going to cancel my subscription but damn... Seriousy?

Maybe they can give a freebie to everyone with 300+ troll posts moaning about being undervalued?

"You are one of our most prolific and sincere forum posters, so we'd like to give you a new troll vanity pet as a thank you for your idiotic posting."

But then if BioWare DO learn their lesson, it might say:

"We are sincerely sorry that in a game with over a million subscribers we failed to meet your specific, individual and important needs. Despite this being an MMO BioWare are committed to ensuring every decision they make is accepted and welcomed by all. To this end we've sent you a free pet to give you a reason to feel better. It's a Troll, because... um.... call it a Gamorrean ok?"

This thread stopped making sense at page 30, and it now just two groups of people refusing to accept the others point of view. It's only unlocked to prevent the rest of the forum from being spammed. I know official forums are generally poorer quality, but considering so many people value their real life so much they haven't hit 50 yet, it's surprising that they've got time to post.

I would comment but unfortunately your post was more self-gratifying than anything constructive to the discussion. Guess I could say thanks for dropping by? It's a valid discussion with the predictable troll here or there, but it is still a discussion.

It's pretty messed up. I have a 45 Smuggler, 41 Consular, 36 Trooper and a 20 Sith warrior. It was a pretty big slap in the face to people that like to play around with every class.

Yup, people who play lots of characters are less valued than people who play one.

People who like to take their time and level slowly are less valued than power levellers.

People with full time jobs and families are less valued than those who do not.

People who bought the game last month and got to 50 in a couple of weeks are less valued than those who preordered and have subscribed from the beginning.

I agree this is complete BS. I too pre-ordered, beta'd and played since day 1. Now to be slapped in the face because I prefer to play each class before I decide to take one to level 50, WELL what can I say?!?!?! I am really glad to see SWTOR prefers their grinder players who decide to rush level 50 and then complain and unsub or threaten to unsub than they do the loyal players who do not complain and WAIT for stuff to be fixed.

Hey SWTOR, if I complain now and threaten to unsub, can I get 30 days free????

IMO a valued customer would be the ones that have bought the game since the first week of launch, have an an active subscription, and a recurring billing cycle set up. These are the customers that are in it for the long haul and not threatening to quit all the time.

Loyalty and valur have nothing to do with the level of ONE character.

Those that have been here since the begining and trying out all the classes and not just running one to 50 and complaining about lack of content are the ones that are being slighted by this.

I just hit 50 on my "main" about a week before 1.2 and the announcement. I'm happy to have gotten the free month, but I agree that it should have been based on something more like, people who have been subscribed since launch.

There are a lot of people that can and have ground out 50 levels in no time, but many more people like myself that took time on multiple servers, made alts, and have other things to do.

If I hadn't hit 50, I'd be pretty annoyed right now, having supported the game since Beta, including pre-ordering the DAY that pre-orders became available.

Its just a game, holy sh** chill out.

It's a service in the guise of a game, bioware have successfully split their customer base in two with a promotion, there will inevitable be have nots who are angry and frustrated that their loyalty was not being rewarded in the way someone else's due to arbitrary and unknown criteria

Edited by WitchDrAsh