• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this game.

I hate BW.

I hate EA game.

I hate patch 1.2.

I hate how they gave 30days of free game play after I canceled my sub and my account won't be active to receive the 30days.

I hate how they just spammed the last 48 hours of Freaking patches and nothing is fixed, and the game is being revert back to before 1.2...

I hate how they think giving One Day Compensation is going to make up for all their mess ups... Nothing but a bunch of baddies

I hate how the customer service for this game or the company sucks!!!!!

One thing I'm happy about...

I canceled my sub just as I downloaded the patch, so I can happy that my money isn't going to some trashy game that can't even get its bugs and corks worked out before going like.

And thats my "I hate video" for you Bioware!:mad:

first off, the point of this game, or any game for that matter is to have fun. if my way of fun is different then yours that doesnt make yours better, just different. and yes i do have a sense of entitlement, i pay to play this game. and i continue to pay to support this game as does everyone else here, if you dont get upset about it thats fine but clearly there are many of us who are. and its easy to say you wouldnt get upset when you received the reward, however if they flipped it as exampled above and only rewarded players who had at least 10 characters, many others would be upset as well.

It may be easy from your point of veiw. I have been playing MMO's since mudding days pre EQ and UO. I don't expect anything beyond what I pay for to play and enjoy my time. I don't REQUIRE extra incentives to keep playing. If I get tired and want to move on to something else. I will do so. I left WoW after 7 years and that's because I wanted to play something else. Plenty of people will always get upset. I am not disputing that, but if you EXPECT to be rewarded for something that is not a constant reward for everyone, then you are not playing games to enjoy yourself. What you are doing is unhealthy to me if that's the reason you play for.

I have also been playing since the release of the game. Since I have a full-time job, a girlfriend, and friends outside of ToR I do not have a lvl 50. Highest lvl is 39. But for some reason im not loyal enough for them to give me a free month? Give me a break...

Well the good news is this promo was not for your purpose, as you didn't have a level 50. Maybe next time.

No, it was for the power-levelers that got bored and quit or are threatening to. Which was inevitable anyway. Those same power-levelers that will get bored again as soon as they play through the new content in a half a month. Is Bioware going to keep kissing the @sses of these people or take care of the causal players for which this game was developed for?

No, that's not true. If you don't plan on playing a game where 50% of the content starts after level 50 you shouldn't be whining here.

"Oh yeah well I've had this fitness subscription for a year now, only been there once, but I do expect to get a sixpack and a ripped body in the next month"

"Oh yeah, I've been subscribed and supporting SWTOR for 20 years now, but I can't be arsed to level all my level 47 and 48 toons to level 50, because I'm such a lazy noob, but I do think I deserve a free month just cause I say so"

If bioware decides to give rewards to players that actually play their game properly, then good for them. I am glad they did.

Shame on the people complaining here that they DESERVE a reward. If you've been subbed FOR SO LONG and you have no level 50 yet you DESERVE NOTHING. Bioware rewards players that actually play their game and not the handfull of casuals complaining in this thread OH BOOHOO I JUST KEEP ON REROLLING AND I CANT BE ARSED TO LEVEL TO 50 BUT I DO DESERVE A PRIZE.

You can't be alting around forever, if you're too scared to go to 50 (which takes ROUGHLY 5 days , 1-50, if you have questing buddies) then you deserve nothing.

This is a straw-man arguement.

Your analogy is the same as comparing apples and oranges. No one expects to get fit by going once in a year. Another fallacy is that even after reaching peak fitness, you still need to go to maintain that level. Not so with reaching level 50. The only way to lose it is if you delete the character. You could leave the game, come back a year later and still have that level 50 sitting there.

The point the people here have been making is, how is the level 50's money worth more? How is the guy who power-levelled in 5 days (Your argument) more loyal than the person who's been enjoying the storyline of the various classes in the game and hasn't gotten to 50 yet?

(Not going to even get into "How to play the game properly" That's pure personal preference.)

No, idc that they called them more loyal then me, even though ive been subscribed since the second week of this game. what bugs me is that through all the marketing about how the story sets this game apart, i chose to roll multiple characters and push through their story instead of rushing to 50. and now because i chose to enjoy the game the way they SOLD it to me, im being punished for finding enjoyment in this game that doesnt involve hitting 50.

You are not getting punished...you just arent being rewarded. they arent charging you double your sub fee from here on out ..that would be punishment. Not receiving something that someone else is, is not being punished. You must feel punished every day because people are on welfare and you cant be...or are you one of those on unemployment playing off of everyone elses tax money yet still complaining?

For the folks saying that those who aren't 50 obviously don't care about level 50 content...maybe it's because of the LACK of level 50 content? ;) Besides, grindint out dailies doesn't even begin to match up to the storyline-ride that is levelling in SW:ToR. This is, at the moment, one ride that's fun all the way to the end. No hurry :) Edited by Taomist

They added the "one of" sometime after it was posted.

Then it was a poorly worded announcement, or a semantic blunder. It STILL does not say or said that non 50`s are valued less or not loyal.

I am prepared to believe that Bioware knows something we don`t. And all this debate and the posts popping out are just a little storm in a teacup, forgotten in a month. Do you?

Show me where do they state in that full quote that non 50`s are NOT valued or loyal, THEN we talk. Until then, you sir, owe me an explanation.

from the email that the lvl 50s got sent

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

my point is in bold red

No, it was for the power-levelers that got bored and quit or are threatening to. Which was inevitable anyway. Those same power-levelers that will get bored again as soon as they play through the new content in a half a month. Is Bioware going to keep kissing the @sses of these people or take care of the causal players for which this game was developed for?

So you're saying that one has to power level in order to get to 50 in 3.5 months?

It may be easy from your point of veiw. I have been playing MMO's since mudding days pre EQ and UO. I don't expect anything beyond what I pay for to play and enjoy my time. I don't REQUIRE extra incentives to keep playing. If I get tired and want to move on to something else. I will do so. I left WoW after 7 years and that's because I wanted to play something else. Plenty of people will always get upset. I am not disputing that, but if you EXPECT to be rewarded for something that is not a constant reward for everyone, then you are not playing games to enjoy yourself. What you are doing is unhealthy to me if that's the reason you play for.

We also do not expect to see lvl 50's rewarded for rushing the content, I personally know of several who didn't even play a large part of the game just rushed on ahead. So I don't feel its justified that they get a freebie of this nature.

It should have been account subscription specific not character level, the fact that they put in that caveat was facepalm worthy and will earn them more in animosity than in goodwill.

It already earned them a canceled subscription from someone who never even planned on leaving in the first place.

You have 5 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

/wave

I 100% agree with you. If people couldnt even bother to stick with 1 character to level cap then what good is their feedback?

O.o... Really? So an opinion/idea/feedback from someone who never got to 50 is automatically worthless and useless... Thanks for making that clear... I guess...

It makes more sense to give it to people that have level 50s, because they know those ppl have a certain commitment to the game. Don't read this the wrong way. I am not saying people that don't have a 50 aren't committed to the game, but they gotta cut it off somewhere.

Really! you want to go there please read what I wrote. I've underlined the dumbest thing I've read recently. So you are more commited to this game than for example someone that has 18 alts on 5 servers but none of them over lvl 37. Please explain how your commitment is so much better than the rest of ours!

The point of this whole thread is how stupidly worded this PR stunt was.

Get over yourself, "I'm more commited!"

I have also been playing since the release of the game. Since I have a full-time job, a girlfriend, and friends outside of ToR I do not have a lvl 50. Highest lvl is 39. But for some reason im not loyal enough for them to give me a free month? Give me a break...

Your loyalties lie elsewhere, as you stated yourself. Leave the free play time to us unemployed, single, lonely nerds. We'll take care of it for yah. And when you hit 50 maybe we'll be nice enough to carry you through some ops.

but whats more loyal

someone who has payed for there sub from day one of launch

or someone who has just started and blasted the content in 6 days to get to max lvl

???

I agree Been playing 2 days before the game came out been paying a sub since it came out even got the stupid founder title yet because I chose to listen to the story exploer the area's try different classes I get a big FU for not reaching 50.

Everyone kept telling me REACH level 50 come on it will be fun but I said no going to take me time enjoy the game as no rush to get the end content as it won't be changing any time soon. Looks like i was wrong should of pushed my smuggler to level 50 he 48 atleast I would of got a free month

Because it will give you your last skills ect and place you in a better position to play the next round of story when they do a story update. Also you don't unlock certain companion story lines until 50, there are bonus quest lines leading to the dailies that are still story arcs, Ilum has a good story and leads you through 2 story based flashpoints after your class quests are finished (you pick that line up from the fleet). The story hasn't ended with your class quests, the Ilum world arc finish the game's story off.

I appreciate you not liking grinding but even the Operations are story based if you only run them onces (or enough times to complete them once), you need to be 50 to do that.

Grouping has never been my thing so I ignore the flashpoints/operations, any flashpoint with a story I am interested in gets watched on youtube. While being 50 could put me in a better position to play the next round of story, I don't see the cap being raised when they release the next round, reaching 50 during this would feel more meaningful to me.