Unsubscribing? Why?

tonysnod

I searched for a thread that covers, specifically, unsubscribing. I did not find one, so I'm starting one now.

I'm seriously considering unsubscribing, but I'd like a little perspective before I do.

So please, post away. I'd also like to leave an open challenge to the folks at Bioware to post statistics on unsubscription. Maybe do ANOVA against the folks who don't post in the forums? Look for significance? Statistics. Magical.

Please. Everyone. What's your beef? Maybe Bioware will read it. Again, this isn't a thread for folks to just gripe about SPECIFIC in-game content and changes... This is an over-arching thread.

examples:

1.1 kept crashing my computer

1.2 nerfed my character

underpopulated servers

etc

Keep in mind they will close the thread if you bad-mouth the moderators, so if that's one reason you want to unsubscribe, please keep it to yourself. We are not allowed to discuss the 1st amendment. :D

I searched for a thread that covers, specifically, unsubscribing. I did not find one, so I'm starting one now.

I'm seriously considering unsubscribing, but I'd like a little perspective before I do.

So please, post away. I'd also like to leave an open challenge to the folks at Bioware to post statistics on unsubscription. Maybe do ANOVA against the folks who don't post in the forums? Look for significance? Statistics. Magical.

Please. Everyone. What's your beef? Maybe Bioware will read it. Again, this isn't a thread for folks to just gripe about SPECIFIC in-game content and changes... This is an over-arching thread.

examples:

1.1 kept crashing my computer

1.2 nerfed my character

underpopulated servers

etc

Keep in mind they will close the thread if you bad-mouth the moderators, so if that's one reason you want to unsubscribe, please keep it to yourself. We are not allowed to discuss the 1st amendment. :D

Unsubbed awhile back (still waiting for sub to expire), I did this because I felt that Bioware was too slow to fix broken content or incapable of doing so, I also felt that each patch they released created more problems than it was fixing.

I am also very disappointed in the direction that PvP is going.

Edited by Tuscad

There needs to be some factual info on the table. people complain that this game has bugs.

every game that is a constant development cycle has bugs.

people complain that pvp is not ranked, that there's no 64 bit client, that i cant have a gay relationship with my companion, that there are no character transfers/paid character transfers, , that the LFG tool inst very awesome, that i cant cross realm pvp, that world pvp sucks. ad nauseum.

most of these people compare it to another game that i wont name directly. xmmo has pandas, xmmo has ranked pvp arena, xmmo has a 64 bit client, xmmo has an improved lfg tool and so on.

Its a question of age. people expect a lot for a game that has been out 3 months and 23 days, and compare it to a game that came out 85 months ago.

i made a list of the most common complaints i see, some of its relevant, some of it inst. but i can add more if people suggest it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldQAyZn2evPdExfVDRRdC1CUWlQQ0Z4blRGS0EyRVE&pli=1#gid=0

Maybe you shouldn't burn your bridges behind you, there is a slight (however remote) possibility that Bioware will get this game on track in the future.

ROFL!! Thanks for the laugh, that was a good one.

Unsubbed, unistalled and yes ... gave all my stuff to random players on the Black Vulkars server and deleted all my toons.

Later SWTOR.

ROFL!! Thanks for the laugh, that was a good one.

Unsubbed, unistalled and yes ... gave all my stuff to random players on the Black Vulkars server and deleted all my toons.

Later SWTOR.

I said remote, lol. Happy trails friend.

I see this thread being "silenced" to be honest.

You mean because its pointless spam? If you have suggestions about the game, use the Suggestion forum. If you want to discuss a certain aspect of the game, make a thread(or find one) about that subject.

"1.1 kept crashing my computer

1.2 nerfed my character

underpopulated servers"

Is the only meat to the OP. Crashes you go to support for, class balance belongs in the class forum, and theres a large thread about population/server merges already.

THATS why threads like this get locked, theyre spam.

Maybe it is not the mods that close these threads. It is the player base serious tired of threads like this. if your going to leave no one wants to know about it really. yuou can use the suggestion box for all other things.

You mean because its pointless spam? If you have suggestions about the game, use the Suggestion forum. If you want to discuss a certain aspect of the game, make a thread(or find one) about that subject.

1.2 nerfed my character

underpopulated servers"

Is the only meat to the OP. Crashes you go to support for, class balance belongs in the class forum, and theres a large thread about population/server merges already.

Gathering actual statistics that can show that this game might not be doing as well as some might perceive it to be is spam, oh boy.

1.2 nerfed my character

underpopulated servers"

I hope that's not the case, as it will definitely drop a large vote in the "unsub" column. Like I said originally, please please please don't gripe about specific in-game content that, as you rightfully pointed out, belongs in those forums for help with those *specific* issues.

This thread, I hope, is a place for folks to say "Yes, I'm unsubscribing, here's why..." and not to address specific, in-game issues. I've already put up my posts complaining about the changes to my Sorc in the proper threads. This one, I'm looking for opinions. Hopefully, humble opinions. In a consolidated location. I'd like to be able to review it and weight my decision based on more than just my subjective bias.

Almost 4 months into the game and there's still no cross server warzones, cross server fp/ops tool, dual spec, and ac switching isn't even in the "coming soon" legacy things.

I've been unsubbed for a while, it was just about to run out but they decided to give a free month so w/e, i doubt they'll implement what i want before the free month expires anyway.

I also find class balance (or lack thereof) rather annoying since basically either you're a sentinel/marauder or you're a nobody, and also bw's idea that healers shouldn't be able to heal themselves or others against a single dps is just sad. Hell, a single dps was already able to kill / shut down a healer pre 1.2, now it's just plain pathetic.

Hello Everybody!

We appreciate your interest in talking about people unsubscribing but in the interest of consolidating conversations we are going to close this thread as there is already an active thread about it here. We suggest continuing your discussion there.

Thank you!