The penalties for losing are TOO severe

DropbearSW

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you are constantly losing, you gear up alot faster now with only loses then you would have before 1.2 with wins only.

40-50 Commendations each lost match will result in a total of 20 games or something until you get 1 piece of BM gear.

Edited by silvershadez

The one thing I find amazing: The lack of posts that say "well I play it for fun, some you lose, some the others win..." ;)

Honestly, as long as it's not getting steamrolled and there is the feeling of "having a chance" it's all good. I actually enjoy it.

Good deserter punishment:

For the duration of 6 hours there can be no commendations earned. You can buy the debuff remover for 500 Warzone commendations.

You will never get queued with someone who has you on his ignore list.

i sign that!

Honestly, as long as it's not getting steamrolled and there is the feeling of "having a chance" it's all good. I actually enjoy it.

You won't for long.

If you don't see what's up, get a brain, seriously. (and note me as well as others pointed it out many times already...)

The issue is not winning or losing, it's not being able to play equitably mid-term if you can't even refill the consumables you used or should use.

Close fights without consumables = no play.

Steamrolling the other = no play, but you're rewarded.

Being steamrolled = no play.

See the issue?

Edited by JMCH

For the duration of 6 hours there can be no commendations earned. You can buy the debuff remover for 500 Warzone commendations.

Or deserter could just sit out 10 minutes + time left in warzone doing circles in the fleet or smack talk about it in general.

500 comms seems really harsh in 1.2. It's nearly one piece of cheaper item.

--

Comms are fine in 1.2

Bring back the creds for losers.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

I like how people's solutions to folks dropping out of WZs is to just punish them, instead of actually fixing the reason why people drop out of WZs early in the first place.

And why not punish deserters who leave after first cap, door, huttball goal? It happened before 1.2 too, when the rewards were there waiting for them! I want them to suffer for leaving the team to their doom.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

And why not punish deserters who leave after first cap, door, huttball goal? It happened before 1.2 too. I want them to suffer for leaving the team to their doom.

Or, you know, you can give an incentive to stick with your team even when you are losing.

Kinda like how it was pre 1.2.

I just did a warzone again. Was matched into a game already in progress, civil war, the opponents had control of all three turrets. It was obvious we would lose from the moment I joined, still I decided to stay and fight. I managed to take one of the turrets, hold it for some time and make two medals (I was unlucky with crits) although my team was literally doing nothing. Yeah, two medals is like nothing but it was the best I could do while my team was being steamrolled.

It took about 7 minutes until we lost. My reward for not immediately quitting again was nothing at all because I didn't make the three anti-afk medals. In my opinion this new system is just sick.

In the future I will think twice if I should stay and waste time or not when matched with a team that's just being overrun. Note, I never quitted a single match until now, no matter how hopeless it was.

Edited by TalimNiil

Or, you know, you can give an incentive to stick with your team even when you are losing.

Kinda like how it was pre 1.2.

Edited the last post, but I will repeat myself:

People were leaving the warzones pre 1.2 after seeing one sight of their team losing, when the rewards were there waiting for them. I want them to suffer. I don't need such people in my team who smack talk and then leave the team.

Rewards are fine in 1.2. Only creds and cost of wz medpacks suck. I would bring back the creds and lower back the medpack cost if I were in charge.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

People were leaving the warzones pre 1.2 after seeing one sight of their team losing, when the rewards were there waiting for them. I want them to suffer. I don't need such people in my team who smack talk and then leave the team.

Rewards are fine in 1.2. Only creds and cost of wz medpacks suck. I would bring back the creds and lower back the medpack cost if I were in charge.

That's not my experience in the least. I rarely saw anyone leave even when we started losing pre 1.2. Why would they? You got pretty much the same rewards win or lose, so they tended to fight it out to the end.

And no, rewards in 1.2 aren't fine. The way the game rewarded PvPers was fine pre 1.2. It didn't need changing.

Even if you are constantly losing, you gear up alot faster now with only loses then you would have before 1.2 with wins only.

40-50 Commendations each lost match will result in a total of 20 games or something until you get 1 piece of BM gear.

You get 40 to 50 on basis of medals won. Mostly u will get 15 or 20 and big zero in some cases.

So that 40 to 50 every loss is bull.

Sorry but players hardly used to leave before because penalties were not that harsh so people used to stick around and tried to change the direction of matches but not anymore.

Edited by Gorrdan

That's not my experience in the least. I rarely saw anyone leave even when we started losing pre 1.2. Why would they? You got pretty much the same rewards win or lose, so they tended to fight it out to the end.

And no, rewards in 1.2 aren't fine. The way the game rewarded PvPers was fine pre 1.2. It didn't need changing.

From my experience they do quit even if the loser rewards are there. 1 person quits, then 2 person quits. Peopl are join in and asking: "Losing? meh" and they quit. It's a problem now and then.

Well I like the rewards pre 1.2 too, but something tells me it will never go back to what it used to be.

But credit reward is fine i won earlier adleraan got 8 medals and got 3600 credits on lvl 32

and 3200 valor and 86 comms

next one i lost novere coast i got 1500 valor 40 comms and 851 credits

both times roughly 12k xp

But credit reward is fine i won earlier adleraan got 8 medals and got 3600 credits on lvl 32

and 3200 valor and 86 comms

next one i lost novere coast i got 1500 valor 40 comms and 851 credits

both times roughly 12k xp

The catch is that you won. If your side lost you would have only gotten a fraction of that.

The catch is that you won. If your side lost you would have only gotten a fraction of that.

i lost and got 849 creds

its fine for loosing and i only had 3 medals and got 27 comms for sitting at turret killing 1 player in whole wz

i lost and got 849 creds

its fine for loosing and i only had 3 medals and got 27 comms for sitting at turret killing 1 player in whole wz

You'd still get more credits from 1 and only 1 pve mob. This is crap, pure and simple. You got 27 comms for your 3 medals, 1 less and you would have gotten nothing at all. Think about that.

You get 40 to 50 on basis of medals won. Mostly u will get 15 or 20 and big zero in some cases.

So that 40 to 50 every loss is bull.

This is how I experience it, too. I made 54 commendations once, including MVP votes, when losing. This was when I had 12 medals, at the top of the scoreboard and the match was really super-close.

Agree fix this please, on The Harbinger the Empire seem incapable of winning since 1.2 making progression very slow..., winning should grant a small bonus while the rest should come from your efforts in the warzone, I mean just because you were on the losing team doesn't mean you did less then all the players on the winning side.

i lost and got 849 creds

Dunno how mechanics work for creds but I lost once with 8 medals. Got my 30 comms and 0 creds.

Even if I would get 849 creds.... it not even enough for one(1) crew skill mission.

For giving u a match and a team to play against, dummy.

"YOU CANT REWARD DA LOSERS, ONLY DA WINNERS"

This must be some american way of thinking or something.

Actually in pro auto racing, especially NASCAR, even the car that finishes dead last gets money for its owner. If NASCAR implemented this system the devs did to pander to their kindred spirits, the payout for anything but first place would be getting shot in the head execution style for losing.

Too severe for the purposes of this discussion? Okay, winner gets the trophy and the 1st place purse, the losers get their kneecaps mashed with an aluminum ball bat.

Actually in pro auto racing, especially NASCAR, even the car that finishes dead last gets money for its owner. If NASCAR implemented this system the devs did to pander to their kindred spirits, the payout for anything but first place would be getting shot in the head execution style for losing.

Too severe for the purposes of this discussion? Okay, winner gets the trophy and the 1st place purse, the losers get their kneecaps mashed with an aluminum ball bat.

credits from WARZONE are NOT a way to grind for your mission skills etc they are small compensation for not pveing... if you want to grind credits go pve

i find it fair