What a waste of time!!!!!

acko

I thought this patch supposed to make PvP in WZ better??

I beg to disagree especially for the losing team and getting no Valor, No commendations, no cash, this is just rediculous.

Whats the point in spending 15mins in a WZ when you are getting steamrolled, there is just no sense to it. I have seen people leavign WZ more than ever now and it is just plain stupid.

How did the DEVS think this was a good idea I will never know. I have been so frustrated tonight being on the low pop republic side, I have been playing for 4hrs and only won 2 WZ so never getting daily done so i can play my alt.

Oh well looks like my patience has nearly ran out with this game

I agree with you. Trading free game time (30 days) and a tauntaun pet for enjoyable gaming is a poor trade. Time to look forward to better mmo games.

I thought this patch supposed to make PvP in WZ better??

I beg to disagree especially for the losing team and getting no Valor, No commendations, no cash, this is just rediculous.

Whats the point in spending 15mins in a WZ when you are getting steamrolled, there is just no sense to it. I have seen people leavign WZ more than ever now and it is just plain stupid.

How did the DEVS think this was a good idea I will never know. I have been so frustrated tonight being on the low pop republic side, I have been playing for 4hrs and only won 2 WZ so never getting daily done so i can play my alt.

Oh well looks like my patience has nearly ran out with this game

I have done numerous WZs win or lose I still received everything Valor Comms cash

I lost more games then I won yesterday and I did not once get nothing for playing. What exactly are you people doing to not get any rewards for participation in the Warzone?

If your team doesn't score you get nothing, even with 3 medals.

Like the hutball game I played yesterday. It was a pretty even match up but my team never scored, it was a 0-1 game. At the end I got nothing. It was a waste of time

If your team doesn't score you get nothing, even with 3 medals.

Like the hutball game I played yesterday. It was a pretty even match up but my team never scored, it was a 0-1 game. At the end I got nothing. It was a waste of time

Oh that gotta stink. At least there are now 4 WZ so chances of Huttball are smaller.

I agree even if you win the match it's not worth it. I had 15 medals and we won and only 83 commendations that wont even cover the medpacs i used beacause they jacked the price up on them.

That is why you get Biochem & Bioanalsys and get them up to 400 for the rakata Medpack, since he Biometric Crystal Alloys are now able to be sold on the GTN. That way you never need to bother buying medpacks again!

Actually, Rage Quitting is not the problem, people quitting based on a calm logic is the issue.

Not all quitting is equal... I quit smoking = good. I quit WZ = sore loser.

My point of view and I'm not in UBER pre made group either. I do my best and I always get something. In fact it's a LOT easier to get BM gear now so you can gear up to UBER standards easier now. One COMM to rule them all!

If there is one good thing they did in this patch is this.

Failure and losing should never be rewarded.

It really must be fun for 'YOU', ! So you win all the time ?, its really not a matter of skill with this game either, its about what gear you have, and if you have been pulled into a game where the opposing faction are premades against pug players !, but sure our failure was thinking that PVP in this game would be rewarding at all.. (Certainly isn't judging by the amount of commendations we now get either).. Don't get me started on the drop on credits too. Least with 1.1 we got some thing, and hey I speak generally for both Imps and Reps on this.

Edited by dronepilot

People, you can't have everything. WZs are much better now as they reward TEAM PLAY and COORDINATION.

IF you are not biochem then don't complain about med/exp pack costs. If you don't want to buy the PvP ones go train Biochem...they are better anyways. If you want to make armor or mods then you should expect to spend comms on medpacks.

Personally I am biochem and I don't have to spend a single comm on anythnig but my WH gear.

Edited by JustinxDuff

It really must be fun for 'YOU', ! So you win all the time ?, its really not a matter of skill with this game either, its about what gear you have, and if you have been pulled into a game where the opposing faction are premades against pug players !, but sure our failure was thinking that PVP in this game would be rewarding at all.. (Certainly isn't judging by the amount of commendations we now get either).. Don't get me started on the drop on credits too. Least with 1.1 we got some thing, and hey I speak generally for both Imps and Reps on this.

You're wrong about the "Not a matter of skill" I made fully geared PvPers look like nubs on a number of occasions before I had any WZ gear and it was truly rewarding! Yeah, when 3 of em spammed me while stun locked I'd drop like a sac of potatoes but skill has a LOT to do with it and saying otherwise indicates something... Not sure what... Don't get me wrong, getting spanked by a pre made is frustrating but I take my small victories of survival and move on to the next match. Still come out with comms.... And comms that are good for everything PvP not just this tier or that tier. Forgetting that the best gear is now easier for solo players to get now?

the team that loses the football game still gets paid, man.

nice analogy.. but its actually worse.

lets say all rookies start with no good equipment, like the old leather helmets, and if they don't score in a game, they don't get paid or any new equipment.

the system will only reward the people who have the best equipment and will get worse over time

sure, some will tough it out and out play the veterans, but overall the system discourages any casual or new players

If there is one good thing they did in this patch is this.

Failure and losing should never be rewarded.

If it was 1v1, I would agree with you. However, I have 7 other people on my team that, combined, have a greater influence on whether I win or lose than I do by myself. I can be the best player on a team of undergeared mouth breathers and I don't get jack squat or I can be a derp-de-derp and get carried by other players to a win and get better rewards.

You might think that that's just fine and dandy, but let me explain how things are actually going to happen. I won't finish the warzone. I'll become extremely elitist and if I see a bunch of derps on my team at the beginning, I'll just drop group and find a new one. What's that you say? You want a deserter debuff now? Ok, fine, I'll just stop PvPing altogether, and so will many others. I'll likely move on to another game at that point. Have fun with longer and longer queue times.

Edited by ViperI

People, you can't have everything. WZs are much better now as they reward TEAM PLAY and COORDINATION.

IF you are not biochem then don't complain about med/exp pack costs. If you don't want to buy the PvP ones go train Biochem...they are better anyways. If you want to make armor or mods then you should expect to spend comms on medpacks.

Personally I am biochem and I don't have to spend a single comm on anythnig but my WH gear.

keep fooling yourself, no one is gonna relevel a profession for this broken pvp. Its easier to move on and at this current state more relaxing to try another game. TTK is 1/4 what it used to be so not only do you lose and get nothing, you die more times if you decide to stay and eat crow. not a good balance

Premades shouldn't be the only way to benefit from pvp.

And we shouldn't have to compensate for very poor design flaws.

Totally agree. I also want to point out that the only people giving high praise to these 1.2 PvP changes are the people that are running in pre-mades. It was the exact same in Rift. The very exact same thing. I really just can't believe that Bioware made the changes that they did with this latest update. These kinds of PvP mechanics were a total failure in Rift and they are here as well.

Just in my own circle of veteran MMO'ers, we have all wondered aloud if the devs even play the game at all. Please believe me! I am *not* criticizing the design team! We truly have wondered about this.