Merc damage as of 1.2

Xinika

No other class in this game, even with Adrenals and Relics, can hit for 7k. The only class that even compares is a Juggernaut's Smash, which takes far more set-up and is easily countered / avoidable. So you explain to me why it's ok for Bounty Hunters, but for any other class, it's overpowered.

Go.

Because first of all 7k is a rumor. Second, ops with their opener can hit that hard with the dot ticking. Third, the setup for smash is not that big and it's aoe. Jump (which roots), choke, smash (oh, and you can obliterate to root them if you want it to hit for sure). Oh, huge setup. They hit for 6k easy. I am sure 7k post 1.2 is possible. Fourth, tracer puts a triangle on your back. You have 3 seconds to LOS a class that cannot move at all.

It's amazing how bad you people are at this game if arsenal mercs are giving you problems. Any decent player in this game will tell you they are a joke to deal with. Everything is built around tracer, and that can be interrupted and when it comes off interrupt you can stop the tracer cast through multiple other abilities.

I will say this again. If you cannot deal with an arsenal merc you are a bad player. Other classes have much better survivability and mobility. Arsenal mercs are in no way running wild in high end warzones (they are a bit better in lowbie since they mature faster than some classes...although not so much now since heatseekers got the buff and that is at the top of the tree). They are a joke for anyone that has a clue how to deal with them.

If you are going up against a team with one simply have 1 person on them who can interrupt. They will be completely negated from the game.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='McGarnagle']Because first of all 7k is a rumor. Second, ops with their opener can hit that hard with the dot ticking. Third, the setup for smash is not that big and it's aoe. Jump (which roots), choke, smash (oh, and you can obliterate to root them if you want it to hit for sure). Oh, huge setup. They hit for 6k easy. I am sure 7k post 1.2 is possible. Fourth, tracer puts a triangle on your back. You have 3 seconds to LOS a class that cannot move at all. It's amazing how bad you people are at this game if arsenal mercs are giving you problems. Any decent player in this game will tell you they are a joke to deal with. Everything is built around tracer, and that can be interrupted and when it comes off interrupt you can stop the tracer cast through multiple other abilities. I will say this again. If you cannot deal with an arsenal merc you are a bad player. Other classes have much better survivability and mobility. Arsenal mercs are in no way running wild in high end warzones (they are a bit better in lowbie since they mature faster than some classes...although not so much now since heatseekers got the buff and that is at the top of the tree). They are a joke for anyone that has a clue how to deal with them. If you are going up against a team with one simply have 1 person on them who can interrupt. They will be completely negated from the game.[/QUOTE] You would have a point if the game was built around 1v1. It isn't. While I am killing a healer, I am also suppose to be LOSing the commando? While I am LOSing the commando, I am suppose to stopping them from planting in Voidstar? Please get a clue. I can crush an Commando or Mercenary one v one. This game isn't about one vs one.

Except Operatives got a 20% nerf when we could do that on targets with 0 expertise.

No, that is after the nerf. I see Mexican on the Fatman do it all the time. I see others do it too. The only thing this patch nerfed was the ability to open twice right away, and in the mean time backstab got a buff.

HSM hits incredibly hard, I hit nearly 6900 myself, tracer barely breaks 2800 now. But I still prefer pyro, I like moving around and I haven't noticed any significant damage loss with the 6 second CGC proc. Bodyguard mercs... poor thing is in a coffin now.

Damage as a whole in warzones seem to be skyhigh, I've never gone down on any of my characters so freaking fast until today.

No other class in this game, even with Adrenals and Relics, can hit for 7k. The only class that even compares is a Juggernaut's Smash, which takes far more set-up and is easily countered / avoidable. So you explain to me why it's ok for Bounty Hunters, but for any other class, it's overpowered.

Go.

Assassin's shock can, I almost hit 7K a few weeks ago. Edited by Sookster

You would have a point if the game was built around 1v1.

It isn't. While I am killing a healer, I am also suppose to be LOSing the commando? While I am LOSing the commando, I am suppose to stopping them from planting in Voidstar?

Please get a clue. I can crush an Commando or Mercenary one v one. This game isn't about one vs one.

Having 1 dedicated person interrupting him is teamwork. You need a clue. You personally don't have to do it. If you are dedicated to the healer then someone else should be destroying the merc. Merc gets no heals, dies in no time, and now you have 2 on the healer. Even better, run with an ops or assassin. Mercs often sit back and are easy targets for ops or assassins. Seriously, they will kill the arsenal merc in no time (assuming they plan for the knockback correctly).

Seriously, learn how to play.

Edited by McGarnagle

No, that is after the nerf. I see Mexican on the Fatman do it all the time. I see others do it too. The only thing this patch nerfed was the ability to open twice right away, and in the mean time backstab got a buff.

Point me to a operative that can consistantly get 5k crits now.

Mine can't.

I want to see parses please.

Having 1 dedicated person interrupting him is teamwork. You need a clue. You personally don't have to do it. If you are dedicated to the healer then someone else should be destroying the merc. Merc gets no heals, dies in no time, and now you have 2 on the healer. Even better, run with an ops or assassin. Mercs often sit back and are easy targets for ops or assassins. Seriously, they will kill the arsenal merc in no time (assuming they plan for the knockback correctly).

Seriously, learn how to play.

It is hilarious how similar to the Operatives you sound.

"We are opportunistic."

"You have light armor."

"Burst is all we have."

Shoe is on the other foot now.

Point me to a operative that can consistantly get 5k crits now.

Mine can't.

I want to see parses please.

When I say all the time I mean every time I look at his big hit on the scoreboard it's always over 5k (Normally about 5.4k). Sorry, I don't log everything for you. Yet it's certainly possible, and don't forget you have a dot too (which is internal) and the target is immobilized. So the next attack is free (unless they cc break it which is stupid since you have a long stun they should save it for).

Edited by McGarnagle

It is hilarious how similar to the Operatives you sound.

"We are opportunistic."

"You have light armor."

"Burst is all we have."

Shoe is on the other foot now.

I don't even play arsenal in pvp anymore because it's so bad. I did it the other day for a laugh and it was as bad as I remember.

Seriously, you sound like the typical crier that would rather cry than learn how to deal with a class. Arsenal mercs are a joke. Any good player will tell you that. Simply make sure you have 1 guy that takes them out. Won't take them long, and now the other team is a man down. Only baddies cry about arsenal mercs.

if you let a merc/commando free cast at you, you deserve to get stomped

Bingo. Anyone can stop them and it takes little effort. It's a horrible pvp spec, and anyone that claims a class needs to be nerfed from hearing about 1 guy claiming a big number has no clue how the class plays as a whole.

Go.

lol so mercs are finally getting a high damage ability and people are already crying? i show you

exhibit A: pre surge nerf ops

exhibit B: rage juggs/maras

exhibit C: snipers

each of them could hit harder with a single attack than arsenal merc and now that we can do it its not ok?

HSM hits incredibly hard, I hit nearly 6900 myself, tracer barely breaks 2800 now. But I still prefer pyro, I like moving around and I haven't noticed any significant damage loss with the 6 second CGC proc. Bodyguard mercs... poor thing is in a coffin now.

Damage as a whole in warzones seem to be skyhigh, I've never gone down on any of my characters so freaking fast until today.

Assassin's shock can, I almost hit 7K a few weeks ago.

woot i made someones sig! if i knew i was gonna be quoted i would have tried to say something more profound

I don't even play arsenal in pvp anymore because it's so bad. I did it the other day for a laugh and it was as bad as I remember.

Seriously, you sound like the typical crier that would rather cry than learn how to deal with a class. Arsenal mercs are a joke. Any good player will tell you that. Simply make sure you have 1 guy that takes them out. Won't take them long, and now the other team is a man down. Only baddies cry about arsenal mercs.

The shoe is on the other foot.

if you let a merc/commando free cast at you, you deserve to get stomped

If you let an operative catch you alone, you deserve to get stomped.

Go back in time about 2 months.

You will see something eerily familiar.

Last I checked heatseekers doesn't knock the guy down, is not an opener, and doesn't add a dot that is internal damage (on top of being able to vanish and do it all over again...which is now gone but can still be done later in the fight).

Of course it doesn't matter to me, I don't play arsenal merc in pvp. I don't use tracer. I don't use heatseeker. Shoe is not on my foot. I play pyro in pvp. It's a way more effective class, and powertech pyros make us look weak. It's funny people are complaining about arsenal mercs because they see big numbers while ignoring the much more effective bounty hunter classes/specs.

I have no screenshot but I promise you im not lying....if I'm getting 7800 I PROMISE , EVERY full BM merc that uses pvp adrenal and rakata stim are getting the same numbers i'm seeing....

On the other hand they borked resource management

WHat the **** are you smoking?

You seriously think 7.8k crits should be combined with constant full ammo?

Please consider to think before you type.

Last I checked heatseekers doesn't knock the guy down, is not an opener, and doesn't add a dot that is internal damage (on top of being able to vanish and do it all over again...which is now gone but can still be done later in the fight).

Of course it doesn't matter to me, I don't play arsenal merc in pvp. I don't use tracer. I don't use heatseeker. Shoe is not on my foot. I play pyro in pvp. It's a way more effective class, and powertech pyros make us look weak. It's funny people are complaining about arsenal mercs because they see big numbers while ignoring the much more effective bounty hunter classes/specs.

I couldn't do all those things from 30 yards away.

And I know my Powertech is good. I got nerfed in 1.2, not buffed though.

Something is definitely wrong with pyro merc damage. I have full BM gear and put all my original mods back into my gear for the expertise buff. i have close to 1200 expertise now and none of my abilities hit nearly as hard. Before, a thermal detonator could hit a guy for 3500-4000, now im lucky to get 2000-2500. Pretty much the same proportions for Rail Shot and Rapid Shots.

For a guy who normally did 400-500k damage per match on average going to about 150-250K in a full match. I can tell you something is definitely off.

What's even more troubling is some mercs claim their damage went up. This seems logical since the new expertise gap should theoretically see a damage increase. The fact that mine went so significantly down without really changing any play style is very disturbing.

I hope this is some sort of bug that will be fixed soon. I have no idea what is going on.

So far my biggest HS is 6693 (sorry no screenshot) on some poor smuggler last night in a Voidstar.

What most people fail to realize is that heatseeker has never worked entirely properly since launch. It was not always counting the stacks of heat signatures on a target and now that it does, it hits like a truck.

Granted I am full BM with 1057 expertise so my damage buff in PvP is over 22%. I still get hit by juggernauts and marauders for ton, the only difference is now I can actually hit them back for a lot whereas before I would just get wrecked.

That being said, I am almost positive that we will get nerfed as there is just too much complaining already.