Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

GAMEBREAKING - BM gear and commendations

Niconogood

Yes, I was one of the guys that changed out all my BM gears useless alacrity/accuracy enhancments with the Champ power/surge/crit enhancements.

Since those enhancements were obviously useless and I would never use them I of course didnt want to waste creds salvaging them and just destroyed them instead.

HOWEVER. Cometh patch 1.2. I find my valor 79 commando having BOTH his FULL sets of BM gear completely destroyed. I basically find that Im missing 25 expertise on every freakkin piece + additional stats.

I have 9 BM commendations banked so I could at least remedy it by purchasing a couple of pieces. HOWEVER, I cant.. All I can buy with those are some random useless junk.

So basically after playing this game at top level for the last 3 months I find myself sitting on gear that are just slightly better than any fresh guy who leveled to 50 in a week can buy for about 20k credits a piece.

So in conclusion:

**** you Bioware you *********** ******* and useless *******.

Account obviously canceled, and never gonna buy a product that BW even looked at ever again.

Peace out

Edited by Niconogood

Yes, I was one of the guys that changed out all my BM gears useless alacrity/accuracy enhancments with the Champ power/surge/crit enhancements.

Since those enhancements were obviously useless and I would never use them I of course didnt want to waste creds salvaging them and just destroyed them instead.

HOWEVER. Cometh patch 1.2. I find my valor 79 commando having BOTH his FULL sets of BM gear completely destroyed. I basically find that Im missing 25 expertise on every freakkin piece + additional stats.

I have 9 BM commendations banked so I could at least remedy it by purchasing a couple of pieces. HOWEVER, I cant.. All I can buy with those are some random useless junk.

So basically after playing this game at top level for the last 3 months I find myself sitting on gear that are just slightly better than any fresh guy who leveled to 50 in a week can buy for about 20k credits a piece.

So in conclusion:

**** you Bioware you *********** ******* and useless *******.

Peace out

+1

Bioware are master trollers

You are on the forums so it's not BW's fault you didn't prep appropriately for 1.2 as enough information on the gear "upgrade" was given over and over again.

At what point did they explicitly tell us that all modded BM gear would be rendered useless with 1.2. I seem to have missed that note. It would however be to late anyways, as my gear got modded several months ago.

And besides, from when should trolling the forum 24/7 be a prerequisite for not being gimped into oblivion with the patch?

How about they with the next patch just take away everyones armor and leave everyone naked. At least that would be fair.

Edited by Niconogood

i have to agree on this bioware did warn people before implamenting this feature.

Can you please point me to the community announcement that specifically dealt with this issue? Or possibly, the thread started by a developer or community moderator that specifically dealt with this issue?

You can't, because the warning was a response in some random post.

The op has every right to be pissed about this. They should have simply reset all BM gear to current standards since no one in their right mind would have had a problem with it.

I find it funny...lol...

I jsut looked up the gear..loll recuirt gear more expertise and stats about the same as champ gear,, i didnot buy any yet too see if it had bonus abilities for set gear as champ r cent not sure on that...But War hero gear is lol insane,, yes the grind to get it will be rough but it actually on parr with doing pve content hard mode stuff now.. I see a major change in pvp once people acquire war hero gear cause they will rip thru players like a level 50 pouncing a level 10 no chance...lol

Can you please point me to the community announcement that specifically dealt with this issue? Or possibly, the thread started by a developer or community moderator that specifically dealt with this issue?

You can't, because the warning was a response in some random post.

The op has every right to be pissed about this. They should have simply reset all BM gear to current standards since no one in their right mind would have had a problem with it.

It was in the Q&A I believe. Not the last one, but the one prior where they first discussed patch 1.2.

It was in the Q&A I believe. Not the last one, but the one prior where they first discussed patch 1.2.

It's also been in numerous posts where devs commented on it. As well as a whole compilation post Goerge made a few days ago.

It's also been in numerous posts where devs commented on it. As well as a whole compilation post Goerge made a few days ago.

Yup.. Obviously my fault for not having time to nerdtroll every post on the forums every day, and rather actually playing the game in the time i got available...

So basically most people think it is perfectly fair a game company that you pay money to be entertained in the sparse leisuretime you have, totally screws you cause you dont read every post/Q&A they launch?

Interesting community

Edited by Niconogood

I feel nothing for you. I grinded BM gear for about 3 weeks because I knew that this was going to happen. I read the forums and I prepared for it. My entire guild knew this was going to happen and there was a public test server that EVERYONE could have created a character on and did the research. No one is going to miss you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.