Rewards for having a level 50 is bs

EnddGame

I have been a subscriber to this game since it came out and just because i do not have a level 50 character (trying not to zerg through content) i am not as valued a customer as a person who had a level 50 in a week // i am very upset that because i do not have a level 50 i am being discounted as being a valued customer and not getting the same treatment. why dont i deserve to have a free month of game access because i have passed myself playing this game i have waited years to come out? anybody else besides myself very upset about this?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a subscriber to this game since it came out and just because i do not have a level 50 character (trying not to zerg through content) i am not as valued a customer as a person who had a level 50 in a week // i am very upset that because i do not have a level 50 i am being discounted as being a valued customer and not getting the same treatment. why dont i deserve to have a free month of game access because i have passed myself playing this game i have waited years to come out? anybody else besides myself very upset about this?

what free month are you talking about?

in the news section

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

You must have at least one level 50 character.

Your account must not be banned.

On the launcher, if you click on the information about the pet, it takes you to all the rewards. A free month for level 50s is one of them.

I think this is unfair too. I pre-ordered the game, played since released, and both my husband and I have paid for every month after the free one! We just aren't 50 yet! We are casual players and are involved with our real-life. SWTOR is a way to relax and be social. I've probably given them more money than some level 50s out there!

Please guys, reconsider this. Trolls stay away. This is seriously an unfair decision by SWTOR. It's like saying "Your family can't have $30 dollars because you didn't level fast enough."

in the news section

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

You must have at least one level 50 character.

Your account must not be banned.

I meet all that and did not get a free month from em, not realy bothered if i dont though. costs me about 30$ for 60 days so the 50c it costs each day to play is cheaper than a Tim Hortons Coffee

LOL. All you people complaining about not having a 50 because you didn't "blow through" the game are sad. I have 2 50s, almost 3. And I didn't play that much. If you don't have a 50 at this point and you played from the start, then you obviously don't really play it much at all. I mean, seriously, it's not that hard to level to 50 and really not that time consuming either.

i for one think i'm gonna have a long phone call tonight cause its not right to treat people who have been here longer than some 50s differently // i have literally seen people zerg through content and become 50 in 3 days after buying the game and they will get a free month and still havent even gone through their month that came with the game. this is completely unfair

i for one think i'm gonna have a long phone call tonight cause its not right to treat people who have been here longer than some 50s differently // i have literally seen people zerg through content and become 50 in 3 days after buying the game and they will get a free month and still havent even gone through their month that came with the game. this is completely unfair

How is it not fair? Are they charging you extra to pay for my free month? No? Oh, you just want something free because other people are getting something free? Ok, that's what I thought.

<poe>

You want everyone to have the same thing? Sounds like you're a COMMUNIST to me.

</poe>

LOL. All you people complaining about not having a 50 because you didn't "blow through" the game are sad. I have 2 50s, almost 3. And I didn't play that much. If you don't have a 50 at this point and you played from the start, then you obviously don't really play it much at all. I mean, seriously, it's not that hard to level to 50 and really not that time consuming either.

the point isnt how much i play the point is i have been paying for this game since day one and people just coming to the game are getting preferential treatment because they leveled a toon to 50 regardless of when they joined

I think it's BS too. I have 2 lvl 50's but becuase I dont ahve a recurring sub set up I lost out. I like the game but I like to have control over when I pay my 15 bucks. I usually have an active recurring account but decided to cancel so it wouldn't come out on the 20th and I could move the date back some...so now I dont get a free month awesome.

Maybe I'll jsut let the sub run out completely.

I agree that just because I haven't maxed my multiple players to 50 that I shouldn't get free time. I've played from day 1 and just because I choose to mix it up and play multiple players why am I punished for that.

Disappointing move....

Maybe its a perk to keep people from unsubbing for now until they figure out the population problems. Alot of people who hit 50 find they have nothing to do because they can not find others to do group content. If your not 50 then you have stuff you can do.

Maybe its a perk to keep people from unsubbing for now until they figure out the population problems. Alot of people who hit 50 find they have nothing to do because they can not find others to do group content. If your not 50 then you have stuff you can do.
I was kind of getting a little upset by this as well (been playing since launch day but no lvl 50 yet) but what your saying makes sense.

It isn't about the money. It's the fact that this amounts to a slap in the face for people who have played from the beginning, or for months, and for a myriad of completely legitimate reasons, including BioWare's own advice, have not made level 50. Way to piss off some of your most loyal and well-to-do customers :-\

No this makes perfect sense too, especially after Blizzard for World of Warcraft. revamped their "Scroll of Resurrection" to try and make people come back. You also have Diablo III coming out soon too, people will probably drop subscription and be immersed in that game, for awhile anyway.

I see the reasoning, but still I'm not happy.

How is it not fair? Are they charging you extra to pay for my free month? No? Oh, you just want something free because other people are getting something free? Ok, that's what I thought.

<poe>

You want everyone to have the same thing? Sounds like you're a COMMUNIST to me.

</poe>

well essentially yes i am going to be charged for a month of play that you are not charged for because you decided it was important to get a guy to 50 and i either did not have the time to level to 50 or chose not to level to 50. are you saying that your money is better than mine because your a space bar hero?

It isn't about the money. It's the fact that this amounts to a slap in the face for people who have played from the beginning, or for months, and for a myriad of completely legitimate reasons, including BioWare's own advice, have not made level 50. Way to piss off some of your most loyal and well-to-do customers :-\

This ^^^^

My highest level toon is 37. I also have several alts, plus, I've deleted several alts to redo them (3 that were in their early 20's) and also make room to maximize the Legacy points with both Sith and Republic toons on the same server.

The "slap in the face" analogy is exactly what I was thinking myself. I pre-ordered the CE, talked friends into playing the game, and purchased a 6-month subscription.

I've very disappointed in the wording of the promotion; "As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, all active subscriber accounts with a Level 50 character..." I don't understand how I am not a 'most valued player', I would appreciate some type of response to that one.

Then this part of the same notification; "30 days of game time** at no charge in appreciation for your support and loyalty." Continuing to play, with a 6-month subscription, and playing the game with multiple toons isn't supportive or loyal?

I'm confused. While, I don't disagree that the free 30 days is a stop-gap to keep people that are max level from quitting, I do have to agree that it is a shameful way to encourage people like myself (and others who have voiced their opinion in this thread and elsewhere) to keep playing and paying.

It's just a poor way to thank your player-base that makes the most of the game by playing multiple characters (across multiple servers) and continuing to be a subscribing player.

-- emphasis mine

Edited by Kavik

Ironic this comes from a guy called "Enddgame" .... Obviously hasn't made it to end game yet...

i dont have a lvl 50. my main is lvl 49. i have been playing every day and i have been lvling 5 characters. they are 1 lvl 49 the other 4 are lvl 35/36. i dont think its right that ill miss out on a free month because i chose to lvl alts before lvling my main to 50. so dont sit there and tell people they dont play that much when you have no idea how much they do play. as i said ive played since dec 13 at 1pm when i got into early access and with the exception of maybe a week total i have played every single day 6 to 8 hours a day or more. im sure im not the only one who chose to lvl multiple characters and we shouldnt be left out. bw should give everyone who have been playing since december the free month not just those who "blew through" the content and have a lvl 50 already. just my 2 cents.