The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free game time, only for players with a level 50 character

thedrumchannell

Please don't tell me you are seriously going to drop this bomb your long term players (Dec 20, 2012 here) who don't have a level 50 character.

First, you didn't test rated warzones on the PTS.

Second, you removed a huge feature less than a day before release even though the pre-season was intended for testing rated warzones on the LIVE environment.

Third, you were made aware of the sound issues people are having 3 weeks ago on the PTS.

Now, you are going to screw some of your long term players by offering rewards to players with more time than other players?

agreed, i have 4 lvl 30 odds as i have re-rolled from a rubbish server, been paying from start, early access preorder ect, what a slap in the face

however grats to those that get it

Edited by killeer

Please don't tell me you are seriously going to drop this bomb your long term players (Dec 20, 2012 here) who don't have a level 50 character.

First, you didn't test rated warzones on the PTS.

Second, you removed a huge feature less than a day before release even though the pre-season was intended for testing rated warzones on the LIVE environment.

Third, you were made aware of the sound issues people are having 3 weeks ago on the PTS.

Now, you are going to screw some of your long term players by offering rewards to players with more time than other players?

wait wait wait, how is it screwing the long term players??

let's say a teacher is going to give a brownie to a grade school student who guessed the right number, one person won, how is the other students being screwed.

Yes, they don't have the brownie, but they are not in a worse shape than they are before. Just some people got "lucky" or whatever you want to call it, and got free month sub.

This is a gift, not entitlement.

I agree that if their intent really WAS to reward dedicated players, it should have been based on total /played time of the characters on that account.

As it currently stands, it seems far more likely (to me) that it's nothing to do with rewarding dedicated players, but is actually just a means to try to encourage people who feel they are "done with the game" to stick around, hopefully getting engaged in PvP, or operations, or starting up new alts with their free month, and thus hopefully continueing their subscriptions past that free month. (perhaps even giving them time to roll out additional "end game" targetted features like the ranked warzones)

(Oh, and P.S. I do in fact have a lvl 50 character, and have been playing for quite some time, so apparently am "dedicated" by any means of measurement)

Edited by GnatB

agreed, i have 4 lvl 30 odds as i have re-rolled from a rubbish server, been paying from start, early access preorder ect, what a slap in the face

You easily *could* have had a 50, you just chose not to. Leveling to 50 really isn't too hard...our guild leader has 3 50s, works 60 hours a week, and spends plenty of time with his wife and kids. It's not hard if, when you're online, you play. Just don't waste time while you're in-game and it's easy.

I'm in a similar situation, pre order as well, highest toon is 45 though. Nice one Bioware, we got trolled.:(

let's say a teacher is going to give a brownie to a grade school student who guessed the right number, one person won, how is the other students being screwed.

Yes, they don't have the brownie, but they are not in a worse shape than they are before. Just some people got "lucky" or whatever you want to call it, and got free month sub.

Actually it IS an entitlement according to Bioware:

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players

so basically, Bioware is saying, "If you don't have a level 50 character then you are NOT one of our most valued players".

I have a work

I have 2 babies

I love to test all classes before choosing the right one

I bought for 6 months subscription

Thanks to Bioware to tell me I am a studip idiot to have a real life, to love all what they done at low level

Thanks to Bioware to say thanks to all Hardcore gamers who do not stop to say that the High level content is s*** and say ten times a day that they will stop subscription

Thanks to Bioware to give a tauntaun to all players who stop their subscription and come back

Must I be a hater to have something too?

Just don't waste time while you're in-game and it's easy.

The whole point of the game is to "waste time". If somebody happens to enjoy "wasting their time" by socializing, or doing crew skills, or one of the other possibilities that doesn't end up raising their adventuring level, why are they any less "dedicated" than somebody who enjoys "wasting their time" by going out and killing things?

I missed the window here, and yes I'm a little annoyed that I missed it (by taking time to focus on an alt), but you're really blaming BioWare for being generous?

I agree with this. ^

Bioware being generous is certainly not a bad thing. Sometimes you miss out and others get lucky. It happens, and maybe someday, it might happen to you too.

I missed the window here, and yes I'm a little annoyed that I missed it (by taking time to focus on an alt), but you're really blaming BioWare for being generous?

I'm blaming BW for not knowing what dedication is... Or at least having a warped perception of it. It's fine they give 30 days. It would be fine if they do not as well.

However, they are saying that only the people that get to lvl 50 are dedicated players... The rest, are not... The implications are pretty bad... I would just give it to anyone who has been subscribed for 2 months. The ones that have been with BW from the start.

I'm ok with it. I've been playing since early access and I have 2 50's. It's not hard to have one if you've been playing since launch.

You've obviously missed the point of the complaints. Some people like to try out all the classes. It was a very poor choice of words to say that only those with a single level 50 character are valued subscribers.

Day one 2nd wave early access Collectors edition 6 month sub player here, had a lvl 45 toon on a dead server that was "full" during EA. Rerolled on a new server but no lvl 50 here. I work 6 days a week - 10 hours a day, have a new home im remodeling, a 3 year old and a 4 month old....so yeah i dont have hours upon hours to play atm and just feel a bit screwed TBH.

I've never really said anything negative about the game, defended BW through and through, i've been in MMO's for going on 10 years now so i know most of the negativity is overblown QQ'ing by noobs....but im kinda miffed about this decision.

Already filed complaints with support and going to call them if nothing gets done about this. im in the same boat as many people.

Been playing since beta non stop never missed payments play nearly 5 out of 7 days a week but because i split my time between 14 (yes 14 characters call me mad but i have to have every advanced class on both sides lol) and have not made it to level 50 with any of them yet im not considered a loyal customer and get sweet FA?

Just doesnt sit right with me.

If you don't understand the difference between your analogy and the current situation, then I'm sorry. But it isn't even remotely close to the same thing.

What we have here is selective rewarding of specific types of playstyles and blatantly ignoring other types. There is no other way it can be viewed. Not only was it very poorly worded, but the entire concept lacked comprehension of the different target audiences this game has aimed itself at. I'm surprised the folks in marketing would make such a gross error.

Hi all,

While we appreciate constructive feedback and discussion regarding the Legacy promotion, we do have an existing active thread on this topic, available here:

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

In order to consolidate the discussion, we're going to close this thread and ask that the community use the existing thread to continue to give constructive feedback on this topic.

If you wish to continue the discussion over the lack of Ranked Warzones in 1.2 that was discussed in the opening post to this thread, we ask that you do so in the existing thread on this topic:

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

We appreciate your understanding!