Why are people complaining about prices?

The_Eyesight

Im sorry that some of us don't find doing the same boring quests over every day. I'm also sorry that some of us only get to play a few hours a day and would rather spend that time farming BM tokens through warzones. So I guess what I'm saying is its obviously you are so much greater in life then those of us who didn't farm boring pve dailies.

What the OP is saying it is obvious NOT EVERYONE NEEDS THEM EITHER.

If you want them stop farming WZ comms and farm credits OK? Its your choice.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the OP is saying it is obvious NOT EVERYONE NEEDS THEM EITHER.

If you want them stop farming WZ comms and farm credits OK? Its your choice.

Awesome, so my CHOICE in the game, is to stop doing something I like/want to do, and do something I do not like/want to do... Perfectly reasonable choice for a game that is supposed to be fun! Talk about logic fail...

We should be able to do what we want to do, and get the stuff we want to get as well. I'm not saying it should be free, but there should be other ways to get it... PVP commendations to get ship stuff? That would help out for example.

Awesome, so my CHOICE in the game, is to stop doing something I like/want to do, and do something I do not like/want to do... Perfectly reasonable choice for a game that is supposed to be fun! Talk about logic fail...

Poor you, it must be awful doing warzones without a mailbox and whatever on your ship. I suppose the training dummy might be nice, but surely you can sacrifice ONE day for getting it? Or half an hour per day over several days.

Seriously, I refuse to believe the ship upgrades are something you absolutely need to have fun in this game, so stop complaining.

Cool story bro.

Yes, Please stop.

Not everyone is a slave to the daily missions. Some are more casual in game play. While I PLAY every day, I have a job in real life & thus do not work in my mmos anymore. Been there, done that. Just understand & accept that not everyone is neck deep in credits.

If you don't want to do the dailies, then don't... but don't act like it's not EASY to be rolling in credits, because it is. You can do ALL belsavis and ilum dailies in a matter of 2 hours tops. Even for someone without a lot of playtime, doing them once a week will net you 200k+ as well as some decent selling mods/armorings/enhancements.

If you don't feel like doing them, fine. But don't whine about making money, because that's one of the easiest ways and although it might be repetitive, it certainly isn't all that time consuming even for the CASUAL player. Quit whining.

And if you're going to come back with same lame comment about "I play to have fun"... EVERY mmo has a money/badge/commendation/etc. grind. It's no different, so if you can't handle it, go play Hello Kitty Online or something.

Edited by witelightnin

We should be able to do what we want to do, and get the stuff we want to get as well. I'm not saying it should be free, but there should be other ways to get it... PVP commendations to get ship stuff? That would help out for example.

Let me correct your statement

Awesome, so my CHOICE in the game, is to stop doing something I like/want to do, and do something I do not like/want to do FOR SOMETHING I WOULD LIKE OR WANT TO HAVE... Perfectly reasonable choice for a game that is supposed to be fun!

Btw dont you have fun when you get something after ''hard''(lol) work ?

If i want to loose weight i eat less despite i would like to eat alot more. SIMPLE LOGIC.

In life and games we ALWAYS HAVE TO DO SOMETHING WE DONT LIKE TO GET SOMETHING WE LIKE.

When i played KEEN series as a kiddo in 90s I ALSO DIDNT LIKE TO DO SO MANY LVLS BUT I LIKED IT WHEN I FINISHED THE GAME SO I PLAYED THROUGH THEM DESPITE NOT LIKING IT

SIGH!

And the lack of unlocks with fairly trivial buffs is making the game unfun for you?

I only have enough money to repair and get my new skills thats it no extra. I don't craft I don't spend money on equipment or anything ... I just use my money from questing on new skills and repairs. I don't have that much money. Unless there is a massive jump as you get above 40 the progression suggests that this will remain the same.

I am not one to mindlessly grind daily quests. That is work. I don't like repetative tasks. That is not "fun" for me. Unless by doing the rpetative task includes some gain such as learning to improve tactics. But, mindless daily grinding has nothing to do with improving tactics hence no reward for me. A daily grind in this game is the same as a daily grind in any other. Once you optimize for time (time it takes to finish) there is nothing else to gain from doing the mindless dailies skillwise.

I don't think that mindlessly grinding for credits is fun.

I don't like playing the AH. I don't have a head for finances and I just get frustrated. Nothing ever sells I end up loosing mony. I don't want to be frustrated by a game so I don't do an aspect of a game that frustrates me.

I was hoping for some of the new emotes and "heroic moments" for use in rping. I was hoping for non standard race class combinations for role playing. Now my only real option is to wait for additional character slots and grind up a race that I want to play in another class then delete the level 50 that I don't want to rp just to have that race for the class I want to rp. Prolly won't stay around long enough to do that grind.

I am coming to the realization that Star Wars is a cursed franchise when it comes to MMORPGs.

I will wait and see if I go into a fit tonight trying to customize my UI and get things back to how I got used to them before this disapointment of a patch from all I am reading.

The Straw may meet the Camel tonight.

Look, you can make like 500k credits a day off of doing dailies (including Corellia). I don't see how 500,000 is an "outrageous amount". You have had five months to save up for 1.2 and off of 500k a day you could of probably done one daily a day and still made like 10 million by now.

Please stop.

They're complaining about prices because they have to find something to complain about. It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as they get to complain.

Poor you, it must be awful doing warzones without a mailbox and whatever on your ship. I suppose the training dummy might be nice, but surely you can sacrifice ONE day for getting it? Or half an hour per day over several days.

Seriously, I refuse to believe the ship upgrades are something you absolutely need to have fun in this game, so stop complaining.

Sacrifice? Those are harsh words... The day I have to "sacrifice" my fun in a game, is the game I leave the game. Games for entertainment should not be about sacrifice, or work, never. If they are, then something is very, VERY wrong with them.

As I mentioned, it's not bad to strive to get something, but they should make it accessible for all. Money grinding is a very PVE experience... Money grinding is not very good for PVPers. So they are pretty much hitting PVPers most with this.

They are making it a very heavy money grind if you want the goodies. That's okis for (some) PVErs, but not so good for PVPers...

Sacrifice? Those are harsh words... The day I have to "sacrifice" my fun in a game, is the game I leave the game. Games for entertainment should not be about sacrifice, or work, never. If they are, then something is very, VERY wrong with them.

As I mentioned, it's not bad to strive to get something, but they should make it accessible for all. Money grinding is a very PVE experience... Money grinding is not very good for PVPers. So they are pretty much hitting PVPers most with this.

They are making it a very heavy money grind if you want the goodies. That's okis for (some) PVErs, but not so good for PVPers...

Last I checked you earn money for warzones and never have repair bills

Edited by KrittaB

Let me correct your statement

Awesome, so my CHOICE in the game, is to stop doing something I like/want to do, and do something I do not like/want to do FOR SOMETHING I WOULD LIKE OR WANT TO HAVE... Perfectly reasonable choice for a game that is supposed to be fun!

Btw dont you have fun when you get something after ''hard''(lol) work ?

If i want to loose weight i eat less despite i would like to eat alot more. SIMPLE LOGIC.

In life and games we ALWAYS HAVE TO DO SOMETHING WE DONT LIKE TO GET SOMETHING WE LIKE.

When i played KEEN series as a kiddo in 90s I ALSO DIDNT LIKE TO DO SO MANY LVLS BUT I LIKED IT WHEN I FINISHED THE GAME SO I PLAYED THROUGH THEM DESPITE NOT LIKING IT

SIGH!

Money grinding = PVE

PVP =/= from money grind.

I can see you are a PVEr. that's fine. And I never EVER said it should be free, check out the statement you quoted. I said it would be ok if there were other ways to get it. Ways that are more FUN for me.

Get it? The idea is to have fun, while striving for the stuff you want. Is that so alien of an idea for you?

Keep the effort, or "work" as you like to put it. But make it so everyone can get it doing what they want to do.

Look, you can make like 500k credits a day off of doing dailies (including Corellia). I don't see how 500,000 is an "outrageous amount". You have had five months to save up for 1.2 and off of 500k a day you could of probably done one daily a day and still made like 10 million by now.

Please stop.

I refuse to do dailys, that is not content, eod.

It isnt the price. People are just mad because they cant afford it "RIGHT NAO!" instead of working ... *ahem* ... playing towards it. They want it all in a few days so they can come back here and QQ that there isnt anything to do next week.

I would point out that some others are upset not because of the "Right Nao" factor, but rather because of the ongoing issue with credits and costs in this game.

I pointed this out in another thread, but the costs associated with training, crafting, mod removal, etc are absolutely prohibitive, and pretty much necessitate farming and grinding in order to keep going.

Building up credits in this game, is not as easy as some people make it out to be, and the day to day costs, often eat up any little bit of profit you manage to eek out.

So, when you suddenly see things for sale, that are 1, 2, 2.5 or even 3 million creds, it generally FREAKS YOU OUT considering how much everything else costs.

If anything, it's discouraging to see costs like that, when you see so few credits in your inventory, and you see incredible costs out in front of you.

As I have said elsewhere, I don't have an issue with having credit sinks. My only issue is with the severeity of the credit sinks, and I feel they should be re-evaluated and possibly reduced a bit.

Money grinding = PVE

PVP =/= from money grind.

I can see you are a PVEr. that's fine. And I never EVER said it should be free, check out the statement you quoted. I said it would be ok if there were other ways to get it. Ways that are more FUN for me.

Get it? The idea is to have fun, while striving for the stuff you want. Is that so alien of an idea for you?

Keep the effort, or "work" as you like to put it. But make it so everyone can get it doing what they want to do.

PVP = you get money+legacy? It will just take you 500 times longer... so you can get it while doing fun or ?

The point is YOU WANT IT FASTER i hope you and everyone else will never get it.

I have 1 lvl 50 on 1 realm and 1 lvl 50 and lvl 33 on another(The Red Eclipse)

I have 650k on my 1st lvl 50 and 710k on my 2nd and 125k on my lvl33...

I dont plan to buy anything except the reduced times for my fleet passes and fast travel.

Also i will only get my lvl 50 3 companions to 100% affection for my alt.

I dont care for rest so i dont complain if i would care i wouldnt complain EITHER. I would suck it up as a man and choose Do i want the unlockable thing more than i HATE to grind if answer is yes then i grind else i dont SIMPLE.

So the bottom line is YOU CAN GET MOST OF THE UNLOCKS FOR CASH FROM JUST DOING PVP SICNE YOU RECEIVE BOTH NEEDED CURRENCIES (LEGACY+XP) FOR UNLOCKING THEM IT ONLY WILL TAKE MONTHS AND MONTHS LONGER

SO there are more ways to get it

You can also make a lot of money doing space missions. There are a lot of ways to make money in this game.

Yes, for PVE... PVP makes very little money. And that is fine in a sense. It makes lots of commendations and other things. So, as I said on my fist post, it would be good if the legacy stuff could also be purchased with comms. Having options for all styles of play is good. Favoring one style of play over another is not.

Guild banks---they should have been in the game from the beginning. That they put one in late was a mild annoyance. But, that they are charging 600 k for it is simply ridiculous!

And as other people have pointed out, not everyone has a large guild, not everyone enjoys the grind. This is a game, for fun, for relaxation. We get enough of the grind irl!

My main is 40. I quest, craft, and explore just like in every other MMO I've played (granted, in the past I'd play 6 hours a day. Now I'm lucky if I get 6 hours a week. We all have to grow up someday...). I think she has 30k on her, and I consider that rich!

So, I suppose if I want guild banks, I'll head back to EVERY OTHER big name MMO and have them for FREE (or for the cost of the subscription, take your pick).

Edited by Lunazen

Building up credits in this game, is not as easy as some people make it out to be, and the day to day costs, often eat up any little bit of profit you manage to eek out.

This is simply not true. Maybe the way you currently attempt to make credits ends up that way, but there are numerous ways to earn lots of money at 50. and if you aren't at 50 yet, you don't have the necessary legacy level.

Just because you choose not to make money in the most efficient manner doesn't mean that it can't be done. Dailies = beau-coups of money. The option is there, whether you choose to do it or not.

Yes, for PVE... PVP makes very little money. And that is fine in a sense. It makes lots of commendations and other things. So, as I said on my fist post, it would be good if the legacy stuff could also be purchased with comms. Having options for all styles of play is good. Favoring one style of play over another is not.

Legacy gives strictly PVE rewards, why should you be able to use PVP commendations to get it? You can't buy rakata gear with battlemaster commendations, this is no different.

The reason I am upset is not because I have to farm credits to get the unlocks, its because bioware lied to us and stated on multiple times that you would either pay the credits OR get the legacy level.

Considering all the legacy stuff is a one time unlock for your legacy as a whole, meaning you unlock it for one and its unlocked for the rest, I don't think the cost is that bad think about it. Take the cost and divide it by 8 and that how much it would cost each toon you have, could have, or will have in the future if it was each character had to unlock it them selves. Any legacy item that cost 2 mill to unlock would cost 250,000 per alt if each alt had to unlock it them selves.

PVP = you get money+legacy? It will just take you 500 times longer... so you can get it while doing fun or ?

The point is YOU WANT IT FASTER i hope you and everyone else will never get it.

I have 1 lvl 50 on 1 realm and 1 lvl 50 and lvl 33 on another(The Red Eclipse)

I have 650k on my 1st lvl 50 and 710k on my 2nd and 125k on my lvl33...

I dont plan to buy anything except the reduced times for my fleet passes and fast travel.

Also i will only get my lvl 50 3 companions to 100% affection for my alt.

I dont care for rest so i dont complain if i would care i wouldnt complain EITHER. I would suck it up as a man and choose Do i want the unlockable thing more than i HATE to grind if answer is yes then i grind else i dont SIMPLE.

So the bottom line is YOU CAN GET MOST OF THE UNLOCKS FOR CASH FROM JUST DOING PVP SICNE YOU RECEIVE BOTH NEEDED CURRENCIES (LEGACY+XP) FOR UNLOCKING THEM IT ONLY WILL TAKE MONTHS AND MONTHS LONGER

SO there are more ways to get it

And that is where your logic fails. I'm not saying what they did is wrong, I think it's ok. It's just wrong to favor one side over the other.

They give good gear for PVP, and good gear for PVE. They have similar rewards for both in many cases. But for the legacy stuff, it is not. There is no feasible way to obtain it (through gold) in the same way you can in PVE. As you say, it would be 500 times slower. Those are the kind of things that should not happen now a days.

As I mentioned, it's ok to put goals, even expensive ones, but everyone should be able to get to those goals doing the stuff they want/like to do. Not asking for freebies here, just more options.

Same thing in every MMO I've played, whiners on the forums complaining that they can't get access to all the games content through casual play..the result, devs listen and the hardcore players end up with nothing to do.

Accept that you can't have everything, just like in real life, some things take effort..and if you aren't willing or able to put in the time, you wont get them. I can live with that, in fact I appreciate it, it means there's always something to aim for...even if it takes longer for me.

What you're asking for will eventually kill the game, I've seen it happen before.

I totally agree. I'm not a hardcore player, and enjoy the PVE side. I'll dabble in the PvP later on. Don't change the game. Make people work for it!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.